Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

13 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Oh God already calling last year his rookie year LMAO 

Quote Edit Options  

More appropriate to refer to it as his "first full year as a starter".  

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, olsilverhair said:

Im down on the guy, cause I dont think he's nfl ready and wont be, that drive last night was great, but he bailed out of a clean pocket, too his right as usual, and because of that he bout got injured, thats his bread and butter, it'll be hard to coach that out of him, 

People are ignoring this, though. They shouldn't be. Was it better? Sure. I liked that he hit the middle/left side of the field. 

He still ran a few times. He still bailed and went right. He didn't convert the third down (which got bailed by the penalty). 

While a good drive, many of the issues were here. More than anything I'd like to see how he does against good teams in the season. We all saw how he looked against Atlanta. We all saw how Bradford looked against GB in preseason.

Something to build on and more encouraging than not, but let's cool our collective jets. No pun intended.

4 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

He had a good series. Still rolling right every other play which isn't good. I would of like to see another series, but after taking that hit I know why they didn't lol hopefully they give him a few series again next preseason game. The series had that Atlanta game feel. Fun preseason game overall 

Again it’s a small sample and no reason to over analyze anyway, but here we’re are complaining about injuries when the pocket guy on the other side is the one who got hurt. Another guy many of you wanted over Hurts. Injuries happen in the game. Many of the same people swearing this guy will get hurt are the same people who were praising Wentz for trying to run over safeties. Hurts got out of bounds and the Jets hit him late.

2 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

lets give it till about 5 games into the season, then rate hurts

Holy sheet! You mean it’s okay not to brand a guy quickly!?! Funny cause DUM was trashing the guy over some tweets, but actually watching him do something good we say "let’s wait and see.” Sure does seem odd to claim it’s only okay to wait and see on a guy when he does something good. 🤷‍♂️

22 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Again it’s a small sample and no reason to over analyze anyway, but here we’re are complaining about injuries when the pocket guy on the other side is the one who got hurt. Another guy many of you wanted over Hurts. Injuries happen in the game. Many of the same people swearing this guy will get hurt are the same people who were praising Wentz for trying to run over safeties. Hurts got out of bounds and the Jets hit him late.

He got hurt leaving the pocket in case you weren't watching 

35 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Another guy many of you wanted over Hurts

I don't recall anyone wanting zack Wilson, his name was brought up because there was rumors that Howie wanted to trade up for him.... I know people wanted fields or lance but not Wilson. 

13 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

He got hurt leaving the pocket in case you weren't watching 

And Brady, Cunningham, and Carson Palmer tore up their knees sitting in the pocket. Injuries happen in football, but again I sure didn’t see all this worry about injuries and style of play with the other guy who played quarterback for the Eagles was constantly getting injured. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't recall anyone wanting zack Wilson, his name was brought up because there was rumors that Howie wanted to trade up for him.... I know people wanted fields or lance but not Wilson. 

I’ve heard people want all of this guys. Heck I’ve read pretty clearly some of them would take anyone but Hurts. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

And Brady, Cunningham, and Carson Palmer tore up their knees sitting in the pocket. Injuries happen in football, but again I sure didn’t see all this worry about injuries and style of play with the other guy who played quarterback for the Eagles was constantly getting injured. 

I’ve heard people want all of this guys. Heck I’ve read pretty clearly some of them would take anyone but Hurts. 

Wentz? I definitely had an issue with it. Hell, his need to constantly stretch a play instead of throwing it away is his weakness. It's why he won't ever match his potential coming out of school. I laughed my ass off when I read about sweat chasing him telling him to get rid of it and he STILL hasn't learned 

1 minute ago, Shalodeep said:

Wentz? I definitely had an issue with it. Hell, his need to constantly stretch a play instead of throwing it away is his weakness. It's why he won't ever match his potential coming out of school. I laughed my ass off when I read about sweat chasing him telling him to get rid of it and he STILL hasn't learned 

Oh I agree, and don’t get me wrong I have no problem being critical of players and praising them as well. To me this all is less about style of play and more about winning football games. Still there have been plenty of people on this site who have excused and dismissed every part of Carson’s weaknesses, but many of those same people have been extremely quick to point out Jalen’s flaws while never giving a complete analysis of the player as a whole. In the end though it still comes back to winning. Bottom line if Hurts isn’t winning then he has to go. If Sirianni isn’t winning then he has to go. If Howie’s teams are consistently losing (and they aren’t) then he needs to go. 

14 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Oh I agree, and don’t get me wrong I have no problem being critical of players and praising them as well. To me this all is less about style of play and more about winning football games. Still there have been plenty of people on this site who have excused and dismissed every part of Carson’s weaknesses, but many of those same people have been extremely quick to point out Jalen’s flaws while never giving a complete analysis of the player as a whole. In the end though it still comes back to winning. Bottom line if Hurts isn’t winning then he has to go. If Sirianni isn’t winning then he has to go. If Howie’s teams are consistently losing (and they aren’t) then he needs to go. 

Carson is wildly consistent in being just above average. Will get you 27/7 3600-4000 and a 62ish completion percentage. He isn't very accurate either

Think he's gotten 27/7 three times in his career

18 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well yeah of course people are gonna want different guys. I didn't like any QB in that draft or this past one . I don't care for any of the QBs on this roster either. Doesn't really matter hurts is starting so who gives a crap what they want now

26 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Then you weren't paying attention.

9 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well yeah of course people are gonna want different guys. I didn't like any QB in that draft or this past one . I don't care for any of the QBs on this roster either. Doesn't really matter hurts is starting so who gives a crap what they want now

Yeah the bottom line is none of us have any real say in who the quarterback is.

5 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Then you weren't paying attention.

I was one of the people who actually was writing that it was a problem and most of the people wanted to crucify over it, but yeah I wasn’t paying attention. 🙄

It's preseason, but Hurts sorta looked like a functional QB on some of those plays.  He actually took the snap, set his feet, stayed in the pocket, and delivered.  Basic stuff, but still incremental improvement.  Still has the issue with taking everything out of the pocket to the right side though.  Still seems to be impatient before leaving the pocket, too.   Small sample size. 

How does anyone who thinks that Hurts is trash say they want him to succeed? Stop lying you want him to fail, because you want him to be replaced. You’re only fooling yourselves. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

How does anyone who thinks that Hurts is trash say they want him to succeed? Stop lying you want him to fail, because you want him to be replaced. You’re only fooling yourselves. 

Who said he is trash ??

He is a QB with a limited ceiling, probably top 12-15.  The only reason his ceiling is that high is because of his running.  Without the running, barely top 20,

23 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Who said he is trash ??

He is a QB with a limited ceiling, probably top 12-15.  The only reason his ceiling is that high is because of his running.  Without the running, barely top 20,

Was your post meant to compliment him or trash him? I can’t tell.

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Was your post meant to compliment him or trash him? I can’t tell.

This is why I don't think you were paying attention.  No middle ground with you, ever.  Only extremes.

33 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Most of us prefer he succeed from the pocket and we save our draft picks to keep replacing aging players

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

This is why I don't think you were paying attention.  No middle ground with you, ever.  Only extremes.

Now who isn’t paying attention? I have been critical and I have praised many of the players and people most of you are completely one sided about. Heck the only person in the Eagles organization I was ever on the extreme with was Chip Kelly. I have a STRONG dislike for that dude, but heck I still treat him better than some of these "Eagles fans” treat Hurts.

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Now who isn’t paying attention? I have been critical and I have praised many of the players and people most of you are completely one sided about. Heck the only person in the Eagles organization I was ever on the extreme with was Chip Kelly. I have a STRONG dislike for that dude, but heck I still treat him better than some of these "Eagles fans” treat Hurts.

I'm not talking about the players.  I'm talking about the posters.  Someone has to either be complimenting Hurts, or they have to be trashing him.  Apparently, merely assessing where there are both pros and cons isn't an option.  You want to paint everyone into one of two boxes.  

3 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Most of us prefer he succeed from the pocket and we save our draft picks to keep replacing aging players

If that’s what you would "prefer” then shouldn’t that be the basis of your posts rather than tearing the guy down every chance you get? 

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I'm not talking about the players.  I'm talking about the posters.  Someone has to either be complimenting Hurts, or they have to be trashing him.  Apparently, merely assessing where there are both pros and cons isn't an option.  You want to paint everyone into one of two boxes.  

Wrong again, because I myself am that middle box and I acknowledge those who are also in that box. Jalen Hurts is not without criticism, but, some people around here are never to shy to rip Jalen, but pretty much shut the eff up when he does well. I just call people out on it. The only people who seems to be offended are those who might be doing the very thing I’m talking about.

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

If that’s what you would "prefer” then shouldn’t that be the basis of your posts rather than tearing the guy down every chance you get? 

@Shalodeep actually said a few positive things about hurts in the game day thread after his drive. I was the one that actually said it's just preseason but it was a nice drive and encouraging

Archived