Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If that’s what you would "prefer” then shouldn’t that be the basis of your posts rather than tearing the guy down every chance you get? 

I focus on his passing ability because that's what a QB does. He is a great player, but not a good qb as of yet. I am only going by what's on tape. I'm not a ra ra hopes and dreams kinda guy

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Was your post meant to compliment him or trash him? I can’t tell.

What about my post is trashing him ??  That is what I believe about Hurts.  He ranks right about the Jimmy G and Ryan Tannehills of the world.  He needs his running to get to their level, just his arm he would not rank as high as them.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

What about my post is trashing him ??  That is what I believe about Hurts.  He ranks right about the Jimmy G and Ryan Tannehills of the world.  He needs his running to get to their level, just his arm he would not rank as high as them.

I agree with this. If he could throw like Tannehill, he would be dangerous. He should focus on his arm. He has legs down 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

@Shalodeep actually said a few positive things about hurts in the game day thread after his drive. I was the one that actually said it's just preseason but it was a nice drive and encouraging

I gave him a compliment on a different post when we were discussing Hurts. Yeah it’s just a preseason game, but let’s be real for a moment. How many people would feel like its just preseason if he threw three picks like Jordan Love did?

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I gave him a compliment on a different post when we were discussing Hurts. Yeah it’s just a preseason game, but let’s be real for a moment. How many people would feel like its just preseason if he threw three picks like Jordan Love did?

It would be the same conversation. Consistency with his arm and needing to read multiple options before taking off. I've only seen jalen get desperate with the ball one time and that was the Giants game. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wrong again, because I myself am that middle box and I acknowledge those who are also in that box. Jalen Hurts is not without criticism, but, some people around here are never to shy to rip Jalen, but pretty much shut the eff up when he does well. I just call people out on it. The only people who seems to be offended are those who might be doing the very thing I’m talking about.

Why do we need to say it if he did something well.  We are discussing his improvement, so we are talking about the things he needs to improve.

But to shut you the f up, I thought Hurts was decisive on most of his passes, so he assessed pre snap what would be available.

3 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

I focus on his passing ability because that's what a QB does. He is a great player, but not a good qb as of yet. I am only going by what's on tape. I'm not a ra ra hopes and dreams kinda guy

Well the thing is players can decline or improve. On tape three years ago Mialatq looked like trash. Now he’s one of the better young tackles in football. Hurts just turned 24 years old and is still a work in progress. Wentz started the league at 25-26 and people were saying he was still young  just two years ago. Dare I say it, but guys can get better. 

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Why do we need to say it if he did something well.  We are discussing his improvement, so we are talking about the things he needs to improve.

But to shut you the f up, I thought Hurts was decisive on most of his passes, so he assessed pre snap what would be available.

Because you go out of your way to trash him when he doesn’t. You clearly don’t support him. You support the 4th string quarterback who wasn’t even good enough to deserve time in a preseason game. But hey wall all gotta root for someone I guess.

Well the thing is players can decline or improve. On tape three years ago Mialatq looked like trash. Now he’s one of the better young tackles in football. Hurts just turned 24 years old and is still a work in progress. Wentz started the league at 25-26 and people were saying he was still young  just two years ago. Dare I say it, but guys can get better. 

The only issue I had with last night was the rolling to the right again. Dude is straight Zoolander and teams will prepare for it. He learn to step up instead of out, and he may end up surprising a lot of people. As of now, his bad habits will eventually get him killed. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Because you go out of your way to trash him when he doesn’t. You clearly don’t support him. You support the 4th string quarterback who wasn’t even good enough to deserve time in a preseason game. But hey wall all gotta root for someone I guess.

So don't like developing a project QB means root for another team? 

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So is this praise or trashing again I can’t tell? Also Jimmy G and Tannehill bot have had more playoff success than your gushboy Wentz so why are you attempting to cast those guys in a negative like when your live plus arm god stinks when it matters most? What is more important winning or arm talent? 

2 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

The only issue I had with last night was the rolling to the right again. Dude is straight Zoolander and teams will prepare for it. He learn to step up instead of out, and he may end up surprising a lot of people. As of now, his bad habits will eventually get him killed. 

So don't like developing a project QB means root for another team? 

To your first point. Most running quarterbacks who feel pressured tend to move to the side of the field they’re most comfortable with. It’s something that likely won’t change so you’ll either need to deal with that or as you mentioned root for another team. Getting to your second point. To be clear I don’t care which player leads the Eagles to the championship. With that being the case I’m not going to openly root against the starting quarterback of the Eagles by openly rooting for his backups, backups, backup. Show me you can do something (you know like winning the super bowl) then maybe I could get into rooting for the backup replacement, but hey if you think this is okay then more power to you.

Had to sit thru months of Hurts bashing and Strong hype. So embarrassing.

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

So is this praise or trashing again I can’t tell? Also Jimmy G and Tannehill bot have had more playoff success than your gushboy Wentz so why are you attempting to cast those guys in a negative like when your live plus arm god stinks when it matters most? What is more important winning or arm talent? 

You need are talent to win.  This as a fact.

You need to be a QB to win.  This is a fact.

I want a guy who wins from the pocket, and will play for a long time.  A running QB will have a short shelf life.

To your first point. Most running quarterbacks who feel pressured tend to move to the side of the field they’re most comfortable with. It’s something that likely won’t change so you’ll either need to deal with that or as you mentioned root for another team. Getting to your second point. To be clear I don’t care which player leads the Eagles to the championship. With that being the case I’m not going to openly root against the starting quarterback of the Eagles by openly rooting for his backups, backups, backup. Show me you can do something (you know like winning the super bowl) then maybe I could get into rooting for the backup replacement, but hey if you think this is okay then more power to you.

I feel those who support backups aren't trusting either the health or the ability of the starter. If hurts was a more complete passer, I feel others would be questioned far more. He isn't. He came in with deficiencies that are rarely overcome and he is too reliant on his legs because he knows he isn't strong in those areas.the areas he is weak at are what you want your QB to be strongest 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

You need are talent to win.  This as a fact.

You need to be a QB to win.  This is a fact.

I want a guy who wins from the pocket, and will play for a long time.  A running QB will have a short shelf life.

No a bad quarterback has a short shelf life. There are plenty of quarterbacks capable of using their legs who have had long careers. For every so called quarterbacks that can run with a short life there’s 50+ pocket passers who are out of the league in 3 years, but continue with that tired rhetoric there Jimmy the Greek. 

I like his passing decision making , his overall character, his mobility in moderation, and how well he protects the ball. These he has in spades and needs little to no refining. 

I don't like his decision making in the rpo, his mechanics, his pocket presence, his demeanor when asked about fixing said mechanics or bad habits, rolling to the right.

I believe overall he is a tremendous leader and good for a locker room. I don't like him as a QB at this time because it's his weakness. Honestly he is ass backwards. Most come with the tools, but aren't great leaders....he is an insane leader and has not shown himself to have the appropriate tools for the job

12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

No a bad quarterback has a short shelf life. There are plenty of quarterbacks capable of using their legs who have had long careers. For every so called quarterbacks that can run with a short life there’s 50+ pocket passers who are out of the league in 3 years, but continue with that tired rhetoric there Jimmy the Greek. 

Please tell me the running QB's with a long shelf life.

Brady is 44, Rodgers is 38.

34 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wentz started the league at 25-26 and people were saying he was still young  just two years ago.

24 😛😜

44 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

They would of hammered him for sure. I just don't want to get caught up in the fools gold that was the Falcons game last year. I was praising the hell out of Hurts and thought he could be the guy. 

I don't like that they started the game with all passing though. I hope they don't think if hurts improved they can just pass 90% of the time like they did the beginning of last year. I know they want a prolific passing game but nothing wrong with going with that strong run game. 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Both are better passers than he is.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wrong again, because I myself am that middle box and I acknowledge those who are also in that box. Jalen Hurts is not without criticism, but, some people around here are never to shy to rip Jalen, but pretty much shut the eff up when he does well. I just call people out on it. The only people who seems to be offended are those who might be doing the very thing I’m talking about.

Of course you see yourself that way.  But then mike posts his opinion about Hurts, and rather than seeing as middle box, you have to ask whether its a compliment or trashing him.   Lack of self-awareness.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

:lol:. Yeah, it can't be just an honest assessment.  It has to be praise or trashing.  

And you can't help but make this about Wentz.  I don't get it.  

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Holy sheet! You mean it’s okay not to brand a guy quickly!?! Funny cause DUM was trashing the guy over some tweets, but actually watching him do something good we say "let’s wait and see.” Sure does seem odd to claim it’s only okay to wait and see on a guy when he does something good. 🤷‍♂️

hes had last year,  to see if he's any good, how'd that work out for ya, he's a runner

15 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He turned 24 December of his rookie year, so he started his first game as a 23 year old.

Ah ok, pro football reference has him as a 24 year old

Archived