Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

14 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I saw last week Carson had wide open guys and he didn't even look their way. I saw Carson stop looking downfield and taking a sack. Carson isn't in Rodgers league. 

No he isn't. And He missed one wide open guy. Bad play. I never said he was as good as Rodgers. I hate mr. State Farm and think Brett was a much better QB and person but he is a good QB. He also wouldn't be nearly as good with the garbage Carson gets. 

11 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

Why not?

Because this is a salary cap league. You can't throw 35 mil in the trash and field a good team. 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

No he isn't. And He missed one wide open guy. Bad play. I never said he was as good as Rodgers. I hate mr. State Farm and think Brett was a much better QB and person but he is a good QB. He also wouldn't be nearly as good with the garbage Carson gets. 

Because this is a salary cap league. You can't throw 35 mil in the trash and field a good team. 

He missed more than one open guy and he was throwing into double coverage. He threw a pick to a defender wide open in the end zone. He's been horrible. 

10 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

You just deal with wentz contract on the bench until you can cut tiesand hope a new qb plays well on his rookie deal.

6 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

I see the rat Wentz apologists are going down with the ship.

Hurts is going to get shellacked next week. Then who will you blame?

Just now, EagleMatt said:

You just deal with wentz contract on the bench until you can cut tiesand hope a new qb plays well on his rookie deal.

You have 35 mil on the bench you have zero chance. That's the facts of a salary cap league. 

You guys need to answer a question to yourselves. 

do you know what’s wrong with the offense?

because if you do and have watched the team this year, last year, and before, then you should know that it doesn’t matter who the hell the qb of this team is. This offense is AIDS. Somebody finds a way to F things up somehow to screw up on every single drive. And it all starts with the o-line, which has been either bad or godawful since Brandon Brooks broke his leg working out. Half of the plays today, Wentz/Hurts faced pressure in their face and either were sacked or had to escape the pocket/shuffle around. It’s been like that all. Damn. Season. 

and on the very few deep drops over 3 steps where there wasn’t pressure, the wrs/tes were running around like they were in mud. So nobody’s beating their man. 

then on the few plays, a guy gets open, the pass isn’t ideal or just plain awful. 

these things are compounded by gameplans where you literally wonder "did these guys even practice this week”? Plays don’t blend into each other. There’s no rhyme or reason for what’s called. 

and this all ends up with the trash we’ve seen all season (especially these last 4 games) where we’ll make a good play and follow it up with a dropped pass. Or a false start. Or a guy runs the wrong route. Or a bad pass. Or a bad snap. Nothing works. It’s what bad teams do. 

so.... to see some of you write as if all we needed was Wentz to be benched and that would solve the "problem”..... is borderline asinine. Hurts came in and the offense performed EXACTLY THE SAME! Hurts got a drive going by running for his life but running for yards (kinda like how Wentz has done all friggin year). Then Hurts threw a bad pass or a pass would be dropped or a holding penalty would be called. 

this offense is BROKEN. And there isn’t a Fing qb on gods green earth that can fix it. "Hurts provides a spark!” Really? The offense scored 10 points All game. And Hurts last 2 drives ended with a 3 and out (with a chance to tie the game) and an int. Pretty much what Carson has done for the past 5 weeks. 

And you guys are trying to argue with yourselves over who’s the better qb...... who gives a crap? The qb isn’t the only problem or even the main. The entire offense is A godawful failure. And it starts with Howie Roseman, then goes to Doug Pederson and all the offensive quality guys and position coaches and filters into the players and their failure to be disciplined and professional. 

you guys are basically arguing over spilled milk while the house is burning down. Stop being stupid. 

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

You have 35 mil on the bench you have zero chance. That's the facts of a salary cap league. 

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Well right now you have zero chance with 35 million out there on the field so what's the difference?

2 minutes ago, The Holy Vagabond said:

You guys need to answer a question to yourselves. 

do you know what’s wrong with the offense?

because if you do and have watched the team this year, last year, and before, then you should know that it doesn’t matter who the hell the qb of this team is. This offense is AIDS. Somebody finds a way to F things up somehow to screw up on every single drive. And it all starts with the o-line, which has been either bad or godawful since Brandon Brooks broke his leg working out. Half of the plays today, Wentz/Hurts faced pressure in their face and either were sacked or had to escape the pocket/shuffle around. It’s been like that all. Damn. Season. 

and on the very few deep drops over 3 steps where there wasn’t pressure, the wrs/tes were running around like they were in mud. So nobody’s beating their man. 

then on the few plays, a guy gets open, the pass isn’t ideal or just plain awful. 

these things are compounded by gameplans where you literally wonder "did these guys even practice this week”? Plays don’t blend into each other. There’s no rhyme or reason for what’s called. 

and this all ends up with the trash we’ve seen all season (especially these last 4 games) where we’ll make a good play and follow it up with a dropped pass. Or a false start. Or a guy runs the wrong route. Or a bad pass. Or a bad snap. Nothing works. It’s what bad teams do. 

so.... to see some of you write as if all we needed was Wentz to be benched and that would solve the "problem”..... is borderline asinine. Hurts came in and the offense performed EXACTLY THE SAME! Hurts got a drive going by running for his life but running for yards (kinda like how Wentz has done all friggin year). Then Hurts threw a bad pass or a pass would be dropped or a holding penalty would be called. 

this offense is BROKEN. And there isn’t a Fing qb on gods green earth that can fix it. "Hurts provides a spark!” Really? The offense scored 10 points All game. And Hurts last 2 drives ended with a 3 and out (with a chance to tie the game) and an int. Pretty much what Carson has done for the past 5 weeks. 

And you guys are trying to argue with yourselves over who’s the better qb...... who gives a crap? The qb isn’t the only problem or even the main. The entire offense is A godawful failure. And it starts with Howie Roseman, then goes to Doug Pederson and all the offensive quality guys and position coaches and filters into the players and their failure to be disciplined and professional. 

you guys are basically arguing over spilled milk while the house is burning down. Stop being stupid. 

They are going to learn next week that Wentz is not the problem. I've said it's the line all year. 

1 minute ago, Eaglesfandan said:

Well right now you have zero chance with 35 million out there on the field so what's the difference?

Maybe because you have nothing to protect your 35 million out there. There is a reason that teams draft Oline after they get a QB. At least smart teams. 

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

They are going to learn next week that Wentz is not the problem. I've said it's the line all year. 

Wentz has been a problem. He hasn’t been consistently good for a single game  all year. But.... he’s not the MAIN problem at all. And changing qbs isn’t the solution to the main problem. 

9 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

No one is expecting Hurts to turn into Joe Montana in a week. Hurts most likely will get blown off next week, but it is still better than having Wentz out there.... TRADE WENTZ TO COLTS next season and be done with it, Wentz does not have what it takes....

2 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

but it is still better than having Wentz out there

How so? Losing is losing. Besides if Wentz is THE problem they should win right? Maybe just maybe you build an actual team around your franchise QB capable of winning. 

6 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

How so? Losing is losing. Besides if Wentz is THE problem they should win right? Maybe just maybe you build an actual team around your franchise QB capable of winning. 

Wentz is damaged goods mentally and physically,  he is done imo, time to move on. 

No matter who starts next week it'll take a miracle to beat the Saints who are on fire.

So just decide what you want to see more - Hurts after having a full week of prep
with the first team - or Wentz, to see if getting benched for a quarter was enough
to shake him out of his stupor.

FWIW, although they were far from perfect, I saw a much more lively team and
a more entertaining game after Hurts stepped in. For a few minutes it looked
like they had a real chance.

And anyone who thinks we have a shot at Trevor Lawrence needs a serious reality check.

3 minutes ago, eaglegenius said:

No matter who starts next week it'll take a miracle to beat the Saints who are on fire.

So just decide what you want to see more - Hurts after having a full week of prep
with the first team - or Wentz, to see if getting benched for a quarter was enough
to shake him out of his stupor.

FWIW, although they were far from perfect, I saw a much more lively team and
a more entertaining game after Hurts stepped in. For a few minutes it looked
like they had a real chance.

And anyone who thinks we have a shot at Trevor Lawrence needs a serious reality check.

I’d like to see Wentz out there with someone other than Doug calling the plays. 

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol wtf kind of logic is this? They wouldn't have even been there if it wasn't for Wentz having a MVP year that gave them a 1st round bye

Wentz was MVP?

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

At this point, I don't care. The discussion should always start with firing Howie.

not even firing him. Just keep him out of draft decisions 

3 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

Wentz was MVP?

He was in consideration for it during that Superbowl run. 

I think he's highlighting the fact that people like to harp on Wentz not winning the Superbowl without acknowledging the season he had to get them to that point. It is a fair assumption that without Wentz, the Eagles never make it to the Superbowl. 

22 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

Wentz is damaged goods mentally and physically,  he is done imo, time to move on. 

Of course as a Wentz hater you want him gone. I want him to succeed with an actual NFL talented team around him. Something he has proven he can do. Meanwhile Hurts is so bad Saban benches his butt at halftime in a natl championship. Talk about bad. 

7 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

Wentz was MVP?

You didn’t know!?! He has the award right next to his Super Bowl MVP trophy! 

2 minutes ago, kentwo said:

He was in consideration for it during that Superbowl run. 

I think he's highlighting the fact that people like to harp on Wentz not winning the Superbowl without acknowledging the season he had to get them to that point. It is a fair assumption that without Wentz, the Eagles never make it to the Superbowl. 

That's probably true, but who knows how Wentz would have performed in the playoffs?   We still don't know.

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

That's right!  My oldtimer's is getting to me.

Just now, Mortimer said:

That's probably true, but who knows how Wentz would have performed in the playoffs?   We still don't know.

That's true too. We may never know. 

But we do know that he has the potential to perform well as seen in the 2017 season. 

We also know that Foles not shown that type of potential as he has never come close to those numbers throughout an entire season. 

Which is why the 2017 Superbowl was special/fluky/lucky/serendipitous/etc... so many things came together that we have not seen since. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Where did he say he was MVP? He said he was having an MVP season, which he was until he was hurt. And true he has never played in a Championship while Hurts has. Well one half anyway. Until he got his butt benched at halftime for sucking so bad. 

If we would have swapped QBs with GB, the outcome would have been similar. We need to fix our oline and get real WRs before any QB could succeed in the O. 

With that said, I do think Hurts with his scrambling could buy him enough time for our WRs to get open and/or run with it.

Archived