Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

13 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Hurts today in 11v 11 v Pats - 16/17 for a TD with another TD to Reagor apparently wrongly overruled.

Forget Watson, we need to give this guy a chance. 

I agree on giving him a chance. He has to be really good to prevent them from rightfully looking for another QB next offseason. He can’t just be "OK”, he has to really look like the real deal. 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Hurts today in 11v 11 v Pats - 16/17 for a TD with another TD to Reagor apparently wrongly overruled.

Yes, we need to give him a chance,  but,  I'm not turning my back on Watson over an 11 on 11 practice. 

17 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Absolutely! Based on what I'm seeing and hearing, a majority of Eagles fans are giving Jalen their full support. 

However, there appears to be an anti-Hurts agenda here on EMB which is disappointing, but to be expected given how toxic it can be here at times. 

3 hours ago, nipples said:

I agree on giving him a chance. He has to be really good to prevent them from rightfully looking for another QB next offseason. He can’t just be "OK”, he has to really look like the real deal. 

I think by the end of the 2021 season, Jalen will need to leave no doubt and prove that he's the Eagles best QB option moving forward. 

Watson I want absolutely nothing to do with and I'm not to keen on giving up all of our draft capital for Rodgers if he's going to retire in 3-4 years time. 

2 hours ago, greend said:

Yes, we need to give him a chance,  but,  I'm not turning my back on Watson over an 11 on 11 practice. 

5 hours ago, nipples said:

1 hour ago, Birdman said:

Absolutely! Based on what I'm seeing and hearing, a majority of Eagles fans are giving Jalen their full support. 

However, there appears to be an anti-Hurts agenda here on EMB which is disappointing, but to be expected given how toxic it can be here at times. 

I’m turning my back on Watson because we can’t possibly give up the draft and cap resources a trade would take given the current civil and criminal charges. And that’s aside from the moral concerns.

I’m excited about Hurts. He seemingly has the team invested in him and all the intangibles. But yes we need to evaluate whether he can be the guy over a full season, not an 11v11 practice.

But my point is Eagles fans should be behind him, because if he is good, we are in a great position to surround him with talent with those extra picks and while he is on his rookie contract.

This is Hurts’ year, let’s see what he has.

1 minute ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I’m turning my back on Watson because we can’t possibly give up the draft and cap resources a trade would take given the current civil and criminal charges. And that’s aside from the moral concerns.

I’m excited about Hurts. He seemingly has the team invested in him and all the intangibles. But yes we need to evaluate whether he can be the guy over a full season, not an 11v11 practice.

But my point is Eagles fans should be behind him, because if he is good, we are in a great position to surround him with talent with those extra picks and while he is on his rookie contract.

Likely the legal stuff wouldn't be over for Watson this year anyways.

Lol at everyone saying give him a chance... He's already getting one so you don't really have a choice do you? 

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

We don't even know what it would take to get Watson. Could end up being less than everyone thinks

50 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lol at everyone saying give him a chance... He's already getting one so you don't really have a choice do you? 

I think the point is don’t be a jerk and trash the kid before he actually has a chance. Some of these quick to judgment jerks around here weren’t as quick to judge the other guy around here and they were right not to back then. What changed? 

F all these clowns in here.  It’s ok to be excited and supportive of hurts.  Period

I still have my doubts about how this will turn out this year, but most of the camp reports are encouraging.  That gives me some hope.

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think the point is don’t be a jerk and trash the kid before he actually has a chance. Some of these quick to judgment jerks around here weren’t as quick to judge the other guy around here and they were right not to back then. What changed? 

Nobody is trashing him.  Talking about his actual play in NFL games is not trashing him.

13 hours ago, downundermike said:

Nobody is trashing him.  Talking about his actual play in NFL games is not trashing him.

If you think four games is enough to asses the abilities of a player then you’re being a jerk period. 

10 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If you think four games is enough to asses the abilities of a player then you’re being a jerk period. 

It is the information we have.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It is the information we have.

So you asses every player after four games? Funny you spent weeks blaming everyone else for Carson looking like trash all that season. If Hurts is working with those same bad players you blamed for Carson then how can your assessment be conclusive? 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

So you asses every player after four games? Funny you spent weeks blaming everyone else for Carson looking like trash all that season. If Hurts is working with those same bad players you blamed for Carson then how can your assessment be conclusive? 

I never once said Carson did not play poorly.

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I never once said Carson did not play poorly.

No you defended his poor play. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

No you defended his poor play. 

No, I provided facts that contributed to his poor play.  For example, going into his last 4 games, Eagles were top 5 in yards per carry, but bottom 5 in total carries.  Doug Pedersons solution, go with a 25:75 run pass ratio over his last 4 starts.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

No, I provided facts that contributed to his poor play.  For example, going into his last 4 games, Eagles were top 5 in yards per carry, but bottom 5 in total carries.  Doug Pedersons solution, go with a 25:75 run pass ratio over his last 4 starts.

So you don’t think these factors contributed to Hurts poor play or does that only work for Carson? Heck Hurts was a rookie playing in his first four games on a team that’s imploding around him during a time when he didn’t even get preseason play. 

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

So you don’t think these factors contributed to Hurts poor play or does that only work for Carson? Heck Hurts was a rookie playing in his first four games on a team that’s imploding around him during a time when he didn’t even get preseason play. 

Wentz had a 25:75 run pass ratio in those last 4 starts.  Hurts had a 45:55 run pass ratio in his starts.  See the difference ??

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Wentz had a 25:75 run pass ratio in those last 4 starts.  Hurts had a 45:55 run pass ratio in his starts.  See the difference ??

So your point is Wentz had more opportunities to show how much he stinks? How many of these runs were Hurts alone running for his life? 

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

Does running backwards and getting sacked for a huge loss/fumbling/throwing a pick count in the run to pass ratio? Sarcasm but your stat represents a very incomplete comparison

6 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

Does running backwards and getting sacked for a huge loss/fumbling/throwing a pick count in the run to pass ratio? Sarcasm but your stat represents a very incomplete comparison

So if you add all the sacks, int's, fumbles, how much do you think it changes that ratio ??

Archived