Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Me too, I wasn't happy with either one of them today.... I still love Nick tho 🥰

And I still love Hurts too. I want both to succeed because ultimately that's best for this team. 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And I still love Hurts too. I want both to succeed because ultimately that's best for this team. 

This is a big evaluation year, mainly for Hurts. Eventually Nick is just going to have to open the play book and see if Hurts can handle calls to all areas of the field. We need to know this stuff this year we can't coddle Hurts all year with limited play calling or we will never know. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

This is a big evaluation year, mainly for Hurts. Eventually Nick is just going to have to open the play book and see if Hurts can handle calls to all areas of the field. We need to know this stuff this year we can't coddle Hurts all year with limited play calling or we will never know. 

Agreed. Look maybe Hurts can't do things over the middle. If he can't then he's not going to last long as the starter in the NFL. But I still hope that he can. 

Agreed. Look maybe Hurts can't do things over the middle. If he can't then he's not going to last long as the starter in the NFL. But I still hope that he can. 

I do too. I was doing nothing but praising Hurts last week. Now he knocked us down to reality today. So the fun is over, time to see what we really have

I do too. I was doing nothing but praising Hurts last week. Now he knocked us down to reality today. So the fun is over, time to see what we really have

Agreed. Next week is a big big game for Hurts and this offense. Dullarse don't have a great D (though it isn't as bad I don't think as some make out) so this offense needs to make plays and put up points. 

9 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Arm strength and only being able to target the right side of the field are officially an issue .

As is completion percentage, fumbling (another one today), processing information, etc..

But it's only 6 games haterszzzzz!!!

25 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I'll text that to him since we talk so frequently. 

Tell him I could use a loan when you speak. ;) 

5 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

He put 3 points on the board before garbage time and deferred to either his legs or a check down in every 3rd and long.  He didn’t do nearly enough to win a game today.

Chief, why don't you just start an 'OfFiCIaL HuRtS OUt, StARt MinSHeW ErA' thread and we can all be spared your 'sky is falling and it's all Hurts fault’ nonsense, unless we choose to read it.

12 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The 49ers are just better than us, the fact is Hurts played well enough to win the game, he can't legislate for Reagor stepping out of bounds, or the OL giving a dope penalty after a 91 yard pick up, the refs giving a nonsense personal foul because the runner stooped.

But yeah the 49ers are a properly good team that everyone thinks will be contending in the post season.

Not every Fing loss means you need a new roster.

Also held the ball too much

Agreed. Next week is a big big game for Hurts and this offense. Dullarse don't have a great D (though it isn't as bad I don't think as some make out) so this offense needs to make plays and put up points. 

They keep losing guys to injury they will be every bit as bad as last year. BUCS were a few catches or miss fires away from dropping 50 on them. Now they lost there best defensive lineman. 

They keep losing guys to injury they will be every bit as bad as last year. BUCS were a few catches or miss fires away from dropping 50 on them. Now they lost there best defensive lineman. 

Perhaps they will be but I don't think they are that bad. They have good LBs and if they can carve out a role for Parsons then he's a real play maker. Diggs is going to be a good corner too.

5 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Chief, why don't you just start an 'OfFiCIaL HuRtS OUt, StARt MinSHeW ErA' thread and we can all be spared your 'sky is falling and it's all Hurts fault’ nonsense, unless we choose to read it.

Nah, I’d rather watch a 1980 dink and dunk offense led by our awesome qb.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Perhaps they will be but I don't think they are that bad. They have good LBs and if they can carve out a role for Parsons then he's a real play maker. Diggs is going to be a good corner too.

No pressure from up front will expose a good corner and linebackers are easily taken out of games in today's NFL. 

I don't know.why eagles fans continue to stick up for the cowboys you people.are weird. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

No pressure from up front will expose a good corner and linebackers are easily taken out of games in today's NFL. 

I don't know.why eagles fans continue to stick up for the cowboys you people.are weird. 

I'm not sticking up for them. I hate them but I'm just saying I don't think their D is as bad as some make out. I'm also not suggesting it is a good D.

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Also held the ball too much

Possibly, I just think the game was a lot closer than the doom mongers on here choose to believe, I didn't think we'd win more than 4 games all season when it started, Today we came up against a live contender and pretty much held our own until they got a couple of ticky tack penalties and Brooks went down.

One or two plays go another way and they sneak that game, the way people talk on here we got massacred and would have been better off with Zach Wilson back there, and even I'm not prepared to sanction that level of foolishness at this stage of the season.

I'm not sticking up for them. I hate them but I'm just saying I don't think their D is as bad as some make out. I'm also not suggesting it is a good D.

Well they were basically dead last last year in almost every category. So basically they have no where to go but up so I guess that would make them not that bad. 

They have a long way to go to be not that bad. Especially now

14 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well they were basically dead last last year in almost every category. So basically they have no where to go but up so I guess that would make them not that bad. 

They have a long way to go to be not that bad. Especially now

Dallas strikes me as a team that will look like world beaters against a team like us, but will ultimately fall to the better playoff teams.

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Dallas strikes me as a team that will look like world beaters against a team like us, but will ultimately fall to the better playoff teams.

Sounds like Dullarse most years.

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

They might be the best of this sheety division this year. 

Sounds like Dullarse most years.

Well, most years, they fortunately miss the playoffs. I think they win the division, but go no further than the divisional round.

They might be the best of this sheety division this year. 

Probably so.

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Well, most years, they fortunately miss the playoffs. I think they win the division, but go no further than the divisional round.

I'd take that I guess. I mean I'm going to find it very very hard the day they win the SB again. It may not happen anytime soon but its going to happen at some point. 

I'd take that I guess. I mean I'm going to find it very very hard the day they win the SB again. It may not happen anytime soon but its going to happen at some point. 

As long as it comes after I'm dead..

That's what I'm thinking... But I'm hoping I've got another 50 years in me.

I can see them easily not winning for another 50 years.

That's what I'm thinking... But I'm hoping I've got another 50 years in me.

That's to many years. I'm hoping to be dead by 60. There is nothing to do after that age. 

Archived