Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

Just now, eagle45 said:

3 points until garbage time.  No, none of us are happy.

You‘re biased as F too.

I don‘t care, he is our QB.

And I bet he will be for a loooong time.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Infam said:

You‘re biased as F too.

You want to have a bottom 3rd passing offense in the NFL for a loooong time?

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

You want to have a bottom 3rd passing offense in the NFL for a loooong time?

His rating as a passer so far was.. 6th in the NFL? (This season)

10 minutes ago, Infam said:

I‘m on a train, and can‘t be bothered to make a complete list of something that should be obvious to everyone.

But fine, out of the top of my head:

-The other pass to Watkins

-The non-TD pass to Reagor

-The laser to Goedert

Happy?

And I can retort with

Under thrown ball to Devonata, under thrown ball to Watkins, missing Goedert, the primary read on a roll out.

Now we are even, ball is in your court.

23 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Tell me what he did well.  Minus the throw to Watkins, he played poorly all day.

He has in 2 games thrown 64% of his passes to the right side. If that doesn't show he can't see the whole field I don't know what will. 

That throw to Smith who had a step on his guy was to his left and it was criminally under thrown. 

Just now, downundermike said:

And I can retort with

Under thrown ball to Devonata, under thrown ball to Watkins, missing Goedert, the primary read on a roll out.

Now we are even, ball is in your court.

It‘s not.

Your claim was he had one pass.

Mine wasn‘t that he is perfect. He was decent.

11 minutes ago, Infam said:

10th in rating and 25th in yards passing actually...

16 minutes ago, Infam said:

40 minutes ago, Infam said:

Basing it on completion percentage may be even more stupid.. 😁

Hypocrisy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

26 minutes ago, Infam said:

You‘re biased as F too.

You are correct.  I am biased as F against him.  I am biased against him because I am biased against short, poor passers who do not function in the pocket and try to build their game around the threat of running.  I do not want that type of QB running my offense.

16 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

You are correct.  I am biased as F against him.  I am biased against him because I am biased against short, poor passers who do not function in the pocket and try to build their game around the threat of running.  I do not want that type of QB running my offense.

The one to devonte was under thrown when he had a step on his guy. Brian Westbrook was most frustrated with that one because he said all he had to do was set his feet and he would of been able.to.get enough on it because he had a clean pocket. Instead Hurts ran around in the pocket then heaved it unbalanced with no defenders around him.  

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

@Infam here you go

That's also what I've been saying he needs to let it go sooner. 

19 hours ago, downundermike said:

The reaction is based on completing just over 50% of his passes.  The reaction is based on completing 5 passes in quarters 2 through 4.  

I'm not trying to debate how good or bad QB1 played last week. I personally don't think he was great but he was part of a team that played good enough to win against an above average 49er squad. Seems like all of the breaks didn't go our way and that's all it takes to lose a close game in this league. It was a team loss.

I just wanted to point out that during quarters 2 through 4 SF had two 90+ yard touchdown drives that wiped away a whole quarter of playing time during that span. The defense played a solid game overall but that's just as unacceptable imo. I'm not saying that completing 5 passes in 2 quarters is great or anything just providing some context to the discussion. 

22 minutes ago, mr_irie1 said:

I'm not saying that completing 5 passes in 2 quarters is great or anything just providing some context to the discussion. 

Lets look at it from a different angle, he completed 7 passes over the last 7 possessions.

I'm taking this game by game with Hurts.  I think he can be the answer long-term, but he has to prove it.

As good as I felt about his work on Game 1, I feel equally bad on his performance for Game 2.  I'd like to see more downfield throws and some throws with some zip. 

Also that Devonte Smith video makes Hurts looks really bad IMO...

Haven't been paying attention to this thread because I know predictably it's likely the usual cast of characters getting off on their hate for Hurts. 

But I'd figure since Hurts is now 6 starts into his career we take a look at how the other young QBs are doing in the league this far this season who are either first or 2nd year players to put things in perspective (listed from # of starts on down) :

Herbet (17 starts) : 1-1, 70.5%, 675 yards, 2 TD, 3 INT, 86.1 QB rating, 8 rush yards and 0 rushing TDs.

Burrow (12 starts): 1-1, 68.4%, 468 yards, 4 TD, 3 INT, 94.8 QB rating, 2 rush yards and 0 rushing TDs. 

Tua (11 starts): 1-1, 54.8%, 215 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 74.0 QB rating, 4 rushing yards and 1 rushing TD. 

Hurts (6 starts): 1-1, 67.2%, 454 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 108.0 QB rating, 144 rushing yards and 1 rushing TD. 

Wilson (2 starts): 0-2, 55.7%, 468 yards, 2 TD, 5 INT, 56.1 QB rating, 19 rushing yards and 0 rushing TDs.

Jones (2 starts): 1-1, 73.9%, 467 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 96.7 QB rating, 0 rushing yards and 0 rushing TDs.

Lawrence (2 starts): 0-2, 50.0%, 450 yards, 4 TD, 5 INT, 57.1 QB rating, 19 rushing yards and 0 rushing TDs.

Fields (0 starts): 53.3%, 70 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 38.2 QB rating, 34 rushing yards and 1 rushing TD. 

Hurts comparatively is playing among the best of the young QBs and can potentially be argued that he is playing the best of the young QBs this season.  But I'll let everyone get back to their circle jerk of unrealistic expectations of perfection for a 2nd year player who has only made 6 career starts. 

On 9/18/2021 at 4:29 PM, EazyEaglez said:

It’s all just used as a way to trash Hurts and for some to say he’s never going to amount to anything. Every time someone proves their crap to be wrong they try to change the narrative or tell people that players who clearly use their legs as a weapon to help them win don’t count. Or some crap that well they didn’t always start so it doesn’t count. It’s all stupid and the truth is the bs is based in racism. 

Here you go @ManuManu @4for4EaglesNest

1 hour ago, mattpeto said:

I'm taking this game by game with Hurts.  I think he can be the answer long-term, but he has to prove it.

As good as I felt about his work on Game 1, I feel equally bad on his performance for Game 2.  I'd like to see more downfield throws and some throws with some zip. 

Also that Devonte Smith video makes Hurts looks really bad IMO...

I don't think he's going to be the long term answer , but I agree that we have to go week to week and see how it goes

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Truth???  Assuming you know what that word means, I'll ask you to provide proof of this divisive, hurtful and baseless claim.  

So, please.....Go ahead.  

Go back and read through, but there’s no more hurtful of a claim than a bunch of ****s claiming a guy can’t play quarterback, because he can run. It based out of nothing but false biases and ignorant misconceptions.  

15 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Go back and read through, but there’s no more hurtful of a claim than a bunch of ****s claiming a guy can’t play quarterback, because he can run. It based out of nothing but false biases and ignorant misconceptions.  

Nope, it is proven that running QB's are inferior passers.  That is just a fact.  That fact also applies to Johnny Manziel.

Archived