Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

It's all good, mate.  Even from a (former?) Man United supporter.  :P  Anyone who likes craft beers and isn't a Cowgirl fan is OK by me.

Glad to hear it bud. Man I need to get back to the States because your craft beer is just unreal. 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Glad to hear it bud. Man I need to get back to the States because your craft beer is just unreal. 

There's loads of good craft breweries around the Philly area and in NJ.  The best new one is called The Seed in Atlantic City.  They are doing some great stuff.  IPAs, German styles, UK styles (they had a dark English Mild that was outstanding), Belgian styles, and Stouts.  Been there a few times.

53 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

There's loads of good craft breweries around the Philly area and in NJ.  The best new one is called The Seed in Atlantic City.  They are doing some great stuff.  IPAs, German styles, UK styles (they had a dark English Mild that was outstanding), Belgian styles, and Stouts.  Been there a few times.

Who flys over from the UK to the US to drink beer that was made to taste like beer from the UK? Lol 

Might as well tell him to stay in Philly then drive to Alabama for a cheesesteak. 

@EazyEaglez did some research last night, and I am going to drive a dagger in this argument.

Career yards per game rushing by QB

Hurts - 69.3

Jackson - 64.6

Vick - 42.7

Murray - 41.6

Newton - 38.6

Wilson - 31

Young - 28.1

McNair - 23

McNabb - 21

Rushing yard per game through first 6 starts

Jackson - 77.37

Hurts - 69.33

Vick - 51.33

Murray - 39.67

McNabb - 35.17

Newton - 34.5

Wilson - 18.17

McNair - 17

Young 10.67

No matter how  you look at it, Jalen Hurts is a running QB, like Lamar Jackson.  He is not in a category with Young, Wilson, McNair, McNabb.

Murray and Vick are a good mix of both.

He is a poor mans Lamar Jackson, and there is nothing you can bring to the table to prove otherwise.

I don't think we lost because of Hurts' inability, I think we lost due to poor coaching. After the failed 4th down attempt in the red zone, the offense essentially died. We had all the momentum, and then lost it all over one boneheaded decision. Even the defense went from shutting San Fran down to being dragged up and down the field.  Nick made some questionable calls in the first game too, but Atlanta sucks. There was no reason NOT to take the gimme FG when you're already winning. 

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@EazyEaglez did some research last night, and I am going to drive a dagger in this argument.

Hurts - 69.3

Jackson - 64.6

Vick - 42.7

Murray - 41.6

Newton - 38.6

Wilson - 31

Young - 28.1

McNair - 23

McNabb - 21

Jackson - 77.37

Hurts - 69.33

Vick - 51.33

Murray - 39.67

McNabb - 35.17

Newton - 34.5

Wilson - 18.17

McNair - 17

Young 10.67

No matter how  you look at it, Jalen Hurts is a running QB, like Lamar Jackson.  He is not in a category with Young, Wilson, McNair, McNabb.

He is a poor mans Lamar Jackson, and there is nothing you can bring to the table to prove otherwise.

Can we save the assessment until after he's had a full season under his belt? I gave you the benefit of the doubt for being a Wentz homer, but now I see I may have been wrong.  

2 minutes ago, MF POON said:

Can we save the assessment until after he's had a full season under his belt? I gave you the benefit of the doubt for being a Wentz homer, but now I see I may have been wrong.

I will save my full assessment of him until after the season.  We were discussing that he is a running QB, and @EazyEaglez tried to compare him to Russell Wilson and Steve Young.  He is nothing like those guys, and the numbers prove it.  Wilson and Young were QB's first who could use their legs if they needed to.  Hurts is a running QB, and anything you get from him passing is a bonus.  He has a lot of work to do as a passer to change that.  A good start, make throws to the middle of the field.

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Damn your facts and logic.  Here is all the proof you need!!! 

https://ndsmcobserver.com/2021/04/systemic-bias-against-the-black-nfl-quarterback/

@EazyEaglez  I got your back bro!  

Such a stupid take.  It is not a race thing.

I would take Patrick Mahomes, Desaun Watson, Kyler Murray, Dak Prescott ( I just threw up in my mouth a little on that one ) or Justin Fields over Hurts in a hot minute if the Eagles could get them.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Such a stupid take.  It is not a race thing.

I would take Patrick Mahomes, Desaun Watson, Kyler Murray, Dak Prescott ( I just threw up in my mouth a little on that one ) or Justin Fields over Hurts in a hot minute if the Eagles could get them.

Mahomes is half white!! 

Just now, downundermike said:

He is actually 45% white, 45% black and 10% muppet.

I'd actually take Lamar Jackson over all of them except Mahomes... Jackson has been working to improve in the pocket, if he can become even solid there he would be ridiculous. 

16 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I will save my full assessment of him until after the season.  We were discussing that he is a running QB, and @EazyEaglez tried to compare him to Russell Wilson and Steve Young.  He is nothing like those guys, and the numbers prove it.  Wilson and Young were QB's first who could use their legs if they needed to.  Hurts is a running QB, and anything you get from him passing is a bonus.  He has a lot of work to do as a passer to change that.  A good start, make throws to the middle of the field.

It's been 2 games, lol.  Bringing up his numbers and saying who he's like/not like after only 6 starts is premature.

16 hours ago, downundermike said:

I just provided you a ton of facts.  Hurts is a running QB and Steve Young and Russell Wilson are not.  

As I just showed, Hurts has 3 x as many rushing yards per game as Young, and more than 2x as many as Wilson.

What facts would you like next.

Well, Steve Young is an EX running QB.

But all 3 of them are running QBs.

Hurts, at this point, just runs more.

Lamar Jackson has the record for most rushing yards in a season.   Perhaps Jalen Hurts will break that record.

But before Lamar Jackson,  there most certainly were running QBs.   But all of those running QBs did not have as many rushing yards in a year as Jackson.

Running QB - more than 500 yards in a season is how I see it.  But now with 17 games?

3 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

Hurts, at this point, just runs more.

Lamar Jackson has the record for most rushing yards in a season.   Perhaps Jalen Hurts will break that record.

But before Lamar Jackson,  there most certainly were running QBs.   But all of those running QBs did not have as many rushing yards in a year as Jackson.

Running QB - more than 500 yards in a season is how I see it.  But now with 17 games?

Agreed.

Even though I feel like it's too soon for any comparisons, the naysayers are obviously using the running QB comparison as a negative.  

42 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Hurts - 69.3

Jackson - 64.6

Vick - 42.7

Murray - 41.6

Newton - 38.6

Wilson - 31

Young - 28.1

McNair - 23

McNabb - 21

Jackson - 77.37

Hurts - 69.33

Vick - 51.33

Murray - 39.67

McNabb - 35.17

Newton - 34.5

Wilson - 18.17

McNair - 17

Young 10.67

That is a list of running QBs.   They're all running QBs.

Make a list of 100 QBs.  Make sure you put in Brady and Manning and a bunch of famous star QBs who are NOT running QBs.

It then becomes clear that this list of running QBs is a list of running QBs.

People like to twist the meaning of running QB to mean "QBs who run a lot that I don't like"

All QBs throw.  Some QBs are good enough at running,  and run often enough to be able to be called running QBs.  Your entire list is a list of running QBs.

41 minutes ago, downundermike said:

There are a few problems I have with this assessment.

1) Hurts has more passing yards in his first 6 games then McNabb, Vick, Jackson, Wilson , McNair and Young. Murray only average a half a yard more per game in his first 6 starts. I mean do we all forget that McNabb had 60 passing yards and was sacked 3 times in his first game starting? Steve Young had an 30 yard passing game in one of his first starts.

2) While Hurts has 'started' 6 games, he has not played a full 6 games.

3) The WR situation last year was an atrocity and even the 'non running' QB could barely do anything with them. Part of the rushing total last year was him running for his life, where when Wentz was in he was getting sacked.

13 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

False.  Steve Young and Russell Wilson are QB's first.  They can run if need be, but they are 100% QB's who can pass the ball exceptionally.

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Jackson is also the closet one to getting seriously hurt and watching his career go the way of the RG3.  

Absolutely, the Ravens know it too. They won't give him a contract until he proves he can become a better passer from the pocket because they know that running is going to get him killed.in the second half of his career. Something that Jackson has been putting a lot of work into. He has made some decent throws this year and it shows he has gotten better. Still needs a lot more work though. 

8 minutes ago, MF POON said:

Agreed.

Even though I feel like it's too soon for any comparisons, the naysayers are obviously using the running QB comparison as a negative.  

Yup.    A running QB does something that a non running QB can't do.  Run.  But running QBs can be great throwers too.  There are a whole bunch of non running QBs who aren't great throwers.   Calling someone a running QB just means that they run. 

8 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

Part of the rushing total last year was him running for his life

So why is he rushing for 72 yards per game so far this year, higher than his career average.  He is not running for his life.

49 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Assuming that it has anything to do with him and not the coaching scheme. 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

So why is he rushing for 72 yards per game so far this year, higher than his career average.  He is not running for his life.

45 of his 82 yards in the last game came on their last drive when they were in hurry up and trying to move the ball. The field was open for him to run and it was desperation time.

Archived