• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Cam Newton is available.........

๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ

29 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ

As long as he keeps his mask on he's gotta be better than Hurts right? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ย ย 

42 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

As long as he keeps his mask on he's gotta be better than Hurts right? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ย ย 

They are basically the same player lol.ย 

You hate Hurts? Suck it up, because heโ€™s the quarterback of the Philadelphia Eagles.ย 

6 hours ago, DBW said:

image.thumb.png.fc85eb56865e4d54b49cc2a0ec1e58bf.png

Basically the whole team. Sad state the Eagles are in, because Lurie needs his yesmen.ย 

On 10/26/2021 at 4:52 PM, XoqTionR said:

Here's a good take on situation.ย 

ย 

Yeah, Marcellus was actually pretty spot on here. I'm not benching Hurts.

3 minutes ago, MF POON said:

Yeah, Marcellus was actually pretty spot on here. I'm not benching Hurts.

No? Really? Fair enough. At this point I would because I need to double confirm that Sirianni isn't the man.

On 10/25/2021 at 6:59 PM, toughfighter83 said:

and you wonder why the dumpster fire teams like jets and jags never win because they focus just on qbs and not the other areas of the team which we cannot do.

I agree. Look at titans. Tannehill is a serviceable QB. Nothing special, I think Hurts is able to provide that. What eagles need is a run game, better offensive and defensiveย play calling, and a line backer.

On 10/26/2021 at 6:47 PM, eaglegenius said:

If Hurts can't beat Detroit we should offer him up for a 2nd round pick. Maybe the Panthers will bite.
Then we can see how Minshew handles Sirianni's "brilliant" offensive scheme.

How would we get a 2nd pick for him?ย  If Howie can recoup thatย 2nd round pick he wasted on Hurts, I will give him a virtual high five.ย  I will still slam him at every turn though.

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Basically the whole team. Sad state the Eagles are in, because Lurie needs his yesmen.ย 

I much prefer the Ray Rhodes breaking into the house and raping our women analogies over this crap. ย ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

55 minutes ago, DBW said:

I much prefer the Ray Rhodes breaking into the house and raping our women analogies over this crap. ย ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

Yeah, but like Rhodes this type of stuff is fleeting and will eventually fall on deaf ears. This mustโ€™ve been what Howie and Lurie were so impressed with.ย 

Hurts is objectively a terrible quarterback. ย Itโ€™s fascinating that anyone could even entertain the notion of him being good enough at this point. ย 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah, but like Rhodes this type of stuff is fleeting and will eventually fall on deaf ears. This mustโ€™ve been what Howie and Lurie were so impressed with.ย 

If they are impressed with this, weโ€™re doomed for a loooooong timeย 

On 10/25/2021 at 8:44 PM, pallidrone said:

I really don't understand this whole sending Hurts to the bench. Again they are not going to the playoffs, winning games means losing draft position and if Minshew play 50% of the snaps in 3 games that 6th becomes a 5th.

So people want Minshew in for what exactly? He is not the future here in Philly and it accomplishes nothing.

The most logical thing is to ride Hurts the entire year. Either things will turn around and he can become the franchise or he will suck, they will lose games and get higher picks in the draft.

I agree with your logic but if Hurts doesn't show some promise, fire Howie!!ย  I never liked the pick based on Hurts' accuracy issues in college while playing with superior talent.

6 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

How would we get a 2nd pick for him?ย  If Howie can recoup thatย 2nd round pick he wasted on Hurts, I will give him a virtual high five.ย  I will still slam him at every turn though.

.., and the longer he plays, theย worse that pick gets. If heโ€™s awful against the Lions, hopefully Nick as usual is just as bad or they wonโ€™t get used line marker from the Canadian Football league for him.ย 

1 hour ago, The Blackfish said:

.., and the longer he plays, theย worse that pick gets. If heโ€™s awful against the Lions, hopefully Nick as usual is just as bad or they wonโ€™t get used line marker from the Canadian Football league for him.ย 

I don't know if I am giving up a 2nd for Hurst right now if I am another team but then again Darnold somehow managed to get significant haul - fascination with high picks / upside. ย 

On 10/26/2021 at 7:19 PM, GeorgeM37 said:

hmmm...but why the Panthers?

Better question is how are you getting a 2nd for a guy who canโ€™t play? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

4 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

I don't know if I am giving up a 2nd for Hurst right now if I am another team but then again Darnold somehow managed to get significant haul - fascination with high picks / upside. ย 

The thing is Darnold went where he was supposed to go some even thought sooner which would be at #2 to the Giants or some liked him over Mayfield.ย 

Hurts on the other hand, no one saw coming in the 2nd round he wasn't supposed to go till the 3rd at the earliest. So the idea that he could fetch a 2nd because he was a 2nd round pick isn't even correct because he wasn't supposed to be a second round pick.ย 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Hurts on the other hand, no one saw coming in the 2nd round he wasn't supposed to go till the 3rd at the earliest. So the idea that he could fetch a 2nd because he was a 2nd round pick isn't even correct because he wasn't supposed to be a second round pick.ย 

Probably 2 out of 3 scouting reports had Hurts as "2nd-3rd round." So it wasn't a huge surprise or reach even that he was picked where he was. The surprise was the team that actually picked him. At the time of the pick, it immediately brought to mind when we had McNabb and drafted Kolb with our 2nd, ignoring other bigger needs on the team. Like most, I wasn't crazy about the selection. But a team looking for a future starter at QB should seriously consider using a 2nd rd pick on a prospect like Hurts (when he was a draft prospect). Teams around the league have let guys like Wilson and Prescott slip too far in previous drafts.

I'm not sure what Hurts would be worth to another team right now. It would depend on the team. If something were to happen to Lamar Jackson before the deadline, I could easily see the Ravens giving up a 2nd. But if something happened to Brady, I doubt Tampa would be calling Howie.ย 

Right now, Hurts is set to start his 8th game this season. He hasn't been progressing like I hoped, since he is our starter. I think part of the problem is the offense is a crutchย  designed to allow him to be him. On paper, I thought that would be a good idea. However, after watching this season unfold, I feel it's crippling his development as an NFL passer. He needs to advance in that regard to be effective in this league. I haven't given up on Hurts' future. I'm just not sure he's currently as far along as a player as Minshew is. I'd like to see these two guys battle it out for the starting gig the rest of the year and have that carry over into the preseason next year. The offense can't just be a design specifically to cater to Hurts' strengths / weaknesses. It needs to be a functional system that a different type of QB can step into.ย 

"I separated the Eaglesโ€™ 75 drives this year into drives in which the running backs got at least two carries and drives when they had one or fewer. On the 23 drives with at least two RB carries, Hurts is 53-for-74 (72 percent) for 514 yards with four TDs, no INTs and a 108.7 passer rating. On the 52 drives where the Eagles had one or fewer carries from the backs โ€“ the unbalanced drives โ€“ heโ€™s 95-for-168 (57 percent) for 1,202 yards with six TDs and four INTs and a 70.6 passer rating.โ€

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/eagles-observations-happens-jalen-hurts-151523074.html

So the question has to be asked why is a team that prides itself in analytics doesnโ€™t use analytics in its own favor especially in regards to their quarterback? Why is it this coach that allegedly knocked the socks off Lurie and Howie failing to understand his quarterback is better when the team runs the ball?ย 

14 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

So the question has to be asked why is a team that prides itself in analytics doesnโ€™t use analytics in its own favor especially in regards to their quarterback? Why is it this coach that allegedly knocked the socks off Lurie and Howie failing to understand his quarterback is better when the team runs the ball?ย 

And why is it that the owner and GM are apparently so focused on the pass game at the complete expense of the run game. It makes absolutely no sense. No team in the NFL passes at such a high %. Not even the teams with great QBs like Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady etc. I mean honestly what are they thinking? They have a young QB who is struggling and they don't run the ball consistently. I just don't get it. Why do they think they know better than anyone else in the NFL? Better than the great HCs and OCs around the league?

On 10/28/2021 at 4:15 PM, eagle45 said:

Hurts is objectively a terrible quarterback. ย Itโ€™s fascinating that anyone could even entertain the notion of him being good enough at this point. ย 

In a hands of Siriani, Hurts is a terrible QB...Because SIRI CAN NOT COACH. He has proven it. Take SIRI OUT. Get some talent on this team. AND HURTS CAN MANAGE A GAME.. with the right coach.

Everyone stop blaming QB for every fault that Siri, Lurie, and Howie brought to this team..long before Hurts was even drafted.

Archived