Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

Money matters in a salary cap league. You can't be good with 35 million sitting on the bench. 

You should in a salary cap league. 

So you would play a guy despite if the other guy is better? With that logic Russell Wilson would still be backing up that bum Flynn. 

2 minutes ago, phil77 said:

I care about his pay when trying to build a team

You are stuck with his pay regardless. If the other guy is better then he's better. 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

At this point, I don't care. The discussion should always start with firing Howie.

No doubt, but can't you see them going 2-2 down the stretch and Lurie seeing "promise" and a reason to run it back next year?       That would be such an Eagles thing to happen.

Just now, mjkvol said:

No doubt, but can't you see them going 2-2 down the stretch and Lurie seeing "promise" and a reason to run it back next year?       That would be such an Eagles thing to happen.

Yes, but I honestly can't see 2-2. Maybe 1-3, but 0-4 seems very real.

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Nobody cares about his pay or that he's disgruntled. Last time I checked they won a Super Bowl with him sitting on the sidelines before so.....

Lol wtf kind of logic is this? They wouldn't have even been there if it wasn't for Wentz having a MVP year that gave them a 1st round bye

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

So you would play a guy despite if the other guy is better?

We don't have anyone better.

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Lol wtf kind of logic is this? They wouldn't have even been there if it wasn't for Wentz having a MVP year that gave them a 1st round bye

Did he play in the Super Bowl?

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

They forget the first round bye and home field. Like it doesn't matter at all. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Nobody in green would have without Carson. Most acknowledge that. Oh and speaking of championships the boy wonder everyone thinks is our savior got his butt benched in the middle of one. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

So you're just going to discount how they ended up at the SB? Ok. Makes no sense but enjoy whatever that does for you. Good night

5 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

We don't have anyone better.

Yeah cause we are so blessed to have a quarterback with a 73.4 passer rating. 😒 3/4 of the quarterbacks in football are better than Wentz right now. 

Carson has given this team no choice.  His play is bad.  Unacceptable.  He’s the lowest rated passer in the league.  

Also, ignore the stats: this team was fired up when Jalen came in the game.  They wanted to play and win.  That fire was not there with Carson.  That tells you everything you need to know.

Yeah cause we are so blessed to have a quarterback with a 73.4 passer rating. 😒 3/4 of the quarterbacks in football are better than Wentz right now. 

Take 3/4 of the other QBs and give them the embarrassingly bad team Wentz has. See what happens. 

1 minute ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Also, ignore the stats: this team was fired up when Jalen came in the game.

So fired up they missed an XP and gave up a long rushing TD on a known running play. Color me impressed. 

22 minutes ago, CalgarEAGLES said:

Or opt for the Trask kid. With the right coaches, he can be anyone’s franchise. 

And therein lies the rub.  At current.  The rebuild starts at the top.

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Take 3/4 of the other QBs and give them the embarrassingly bad team Wentz has. See what happens. 

you're always wrong, kinda funny aint it, helllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Rodgers had like 15 players on IR and won a Super Bowl. I don't doubt Wentz has been dealt a bad hand, but you're fooling yourself if you think Carson is doing good right now. 

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

C’mon man, the only QBs with worse ratings are Sam Darnold and Drew Locke.  Gardner Freaking Minshew played better.  Kyle Allen played better.  He’s been bad.  How long can you watch him before saying we need a change?

So fired up they missed an XP and gave up a long rushing TD on a known running play. Color me impressed. 

The rushing TD was a downer but those guys were playing hard.  The 3 and out they had the series before was fantastic. The rushing TD. Looked like a safety blitz and that just was poorly timed.  

the kicker.... he just sucks.

5 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

And therein lies the rub.  At current.  The rebuild starts at the top.

The top is Howie. He needs to go first. 

1 minute ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

C’mon man, the only QBs with worse ratings are Sam Darnold and Drew Locke

Again, give all the other QBs what Wentz has. Then see. 

Hurts: 5/12, 138 total yds, TD, INT
Wentz: 6/15, 97 total yds

On the Road, Down 20 points against a playoff Bound Greenbay throw into the fire.  He outperformed Carson in this game, that's just facts.   I don't want to overreact because he's just a rookie but that was a good performance giving the circumstance.  We have 4 games left.  That TD Pass was nice because there was so much pressure and it was 4th and 18 and his mobility made it happen.   Jalen's mobility helped with the line issues.  

Rodgers had like 15 players on IR and won a Super Bowl. I don't doubt Wentz has been dealt a bad hand, but you're fooling yourself if you think Carson is doing good right now. 

Did you see the time Rodgers had tonight? And the very wide open players on half his throws?

Did you see the time Rodgers had tonight? And the very wide open players on half his throws?

I saw last week Carson had wide open guys and he didn't even look their way. I saw Carson stop looking downfield and taking a sack. Carson isn't in Rodgers league. 

16 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Carson has given this team no choice.  His play is bad.  Unacceptable.  He’s the lowest rated passer in the league.  

Also, ignore the stats: this team was fired up when Jalen came in the game.  They wanted to play and win.  That fire was not there with Carson.  That tells you everything you need to know.

That tells me we need new coaches to properly prepare the team and several new players who were BS'n around all game and not giving 100% regardless who's at QB. They get paid to be the best they can be and not sabotage the team. 

In an ideal world, you play Hurts. Yes, it sucks to eat that dead cap space, but it'd be the better football decision. But they will probably play Wentz regardless for that reason and because they will hope to recoup as much value as possible. But it sends an awful message to the locker room. Zero accountability regardless of level of play is not how you properly build up a cohesive team. And we're seeing that right now. 

Archived