Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

You.  You think he owes you (the fan) an explanation. LOL.  

I give in.

So leaders shouldn't speak after the season finishes then? They shouldn't be held to account by being interviewed and asked questions? They shouldn't have to answer for poor play as a team or as an individual?

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So leaders shouldn't speak after the season finishes then? They shouldn't be held to account by being interviewed and asked questions? They shouldn't have to answer for poor play as a team or as an individual?

He was benched and some fans and the Philly media celebrated.  He especially owed that group nothing.  Since when does a backup QB speak after the season anyway?

Seriously, I give up.  You got me on this one.

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

He was benched and some fans and the Philly media celebrated.  He especially owed that group nothing.  Since when does a backup QB speak after the season anyway?

Seriously, I give up.  You got me on this one.

He's the leader of this team. He's apparently the guy that Lurie and Howie want to lead this team despite the garbage he produced this last year. He should have spoken to the media. He has every other year even when he's ended the year on IR. There's no excuse for him not to speak to the media. He didn't speak because he didn't want to because he's being a little bish and the rumours that he wants out are true. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's the leader of this team. He's apparently the guy that Lurie and Howie want to lead this team despite the garbage he produced this last year. He should have spoken to the media. He has every other year even when he's ended the year on IR. There's no excuse for him not to speak to the media. He didn't speak because he didn't want to because he's being a little bish and the rumours that he wants out are true. 

LOL. That last statement is mighty rich.  The fact that you can't see the difference between this year and every other one shows how you lack a shred of objectivity.

If he wants out, we will know soon enough and you can then cry or celebrate. I just hope we don't stick with the throwing running back as the answer.

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

LOL. That last statement is mighty rich.  The fact that you can't see the difference between this year and every other one shows how you lack a shred of objectivity.

If he wants out, we will know soon enough and you can then cry or celebrate. I just hope we don't stick with the throwing running back as the answer.

Hang on... The difference between this year and every other? Yeah you're right. This year Wentz sucked. Even more reason to speak up and answer questions. 

Rumor is the Panthers should trading pick number 8 to us for Hurts. 

i mean its the guys first post but he seams like he knows what hes talking about :)

Time to close down the threat. 

Daboll isn’t coming, washers lose again.

6 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

He was benched and a bunch of you guys and the hack Philly media celebrated.  Would you feel like coming out and speaking  after a horrible season and a benching and finally a healthy scratch?  Would you want to speak after you coach appears to have deserted you?  Since when does the backup QB (as many declared) speak after the season?

There is really nothing he could say that most would accept.  Every word and movement and pause would be overly dissected.  Its human nature to want to know, but he owes us nothing.  He stunk it up and he knew it.  The rest is ALL rumor mill.

This right here.

Anything he says will get twisted and he is probably counseled by the team and his agent to just not say anything. Just like all of the other players. 

20 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Frankly the fact reports came out that Carson wanted out and he refused to deny the reports has really soured me to him. I can't root for a guy who doesn't want to be here

Show me where he confirmed them. 

On 1/16/2021 at 9:00 PM, Ajxxx said:

I would rather support hurts as he tries and not whine and feel like he is entitled. It’s hard to support the dakotan trash to be honest. So much for saying to foles when picking up the Lombardi -“it’s gonna be me next year”- ya right. Hold big dk nick’s jock wentz and soon hurts’S too. Atleast hurts tried and u could see the games were much more enjoyable as a fan. Let’s be honest folks and not be howie’s  poster boy

so him sitting on the bench mouthing the words "it's not right" when they pulled him for Suds isn't whining? Got it.

18 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hang on... The difference between this year and every other? Yeah you're right. This year Wentz sucked. Even more reason to speak up and answer questions. 

He did answer those questions while he was the starter, every week. The questions he would be asked as a back-up are irrelevant. When did Hurts answer any questions as a backup? Or any other backup quarterback in the league for that matter?  You guys have to stop looking for reasons to hate.

2 hours ago, greend said:

He did answer those questions while he was the starter, every week. The questions he would be asked as a back-up are irrelevant. When did Hurts answer any questions as a backup? Or any other backup quarterback in the league for that matter?  You guys have to stop looking for reasons to hate.

After every game fair enough... At the end of the season though? Hes a leader he should have spoken to the media especially with everything going on. 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

This is ridiculous.  Talk to THIS media?!  The same media that fabricated an altercation on the sideline that has never been proven?  The same media that has been slamming hi at every turn?  He's not obligated to do ish.  I can understand he would take time to let it all settle.  The guy has been humble enough....for most rational people.  I agree with @greend   This habit the media and the fans have in Philly of getting a pound of flesh and running players out of town is so damn tired...

Oh this is beyond ridiculous now. The defense this guy gets from some fans. He must be the second coming of Jesus. He's a leader on this team, he should have come out and answered questions following a diabolical year from the whole organisation. That's leadership, that's taking responsibility. Instead he declined to speak to the media on more than one occasion. 

Once again a rational balanced view can't be bad on a situation because some fans defend certain players, coaches etc no matter what. It is Foles vs Wentz all over again. 

14 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It's not Foles v. Wentz all over again from my point of view.  It's only irrational when posters like you, try to pile on the guy for stupid ish.  There was turmoil, obviously.  It's best to let the dust settle and not come out and have the media spin ish on you.  

100% correct.  Especially when you have Myth's McLane waiting for any comment for his next hatchet piece.

43 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

After every game fair enough... At the end of the season though? Hes a leader he should have spoken to the media especially with everything going on. 

But is he a leader here anymore? Seems like that's pretty much up in the air even now.

1 hour ago, greend said:

But is he a leader here anymore? Seems like that's pretty much up in the air even now.

He was benched and a healthy scratch to end the season.  Looks to me like his leadership role was mostly gone.  I still don't understand why a few feel that he is obligated to speak to anyone, especially as the backup QB.  Everyone knows full well that nothing he said would have been taken at face value and would have still been being analyzed by the media and "fans".

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh this is beyond ridiculous now. The defense this guy gets from some fans. He must be the second coming of Jesus. He's a leader on this team, he should have come out and answered questions following a diabolical year from the whole organisation. That's leadership, that's taking responsibility. Instead he declined to speak to the media on more than one occasion. 

Once again a rational balanced view can't be bad on a situation because some fans defend certain players, coaches etc no matter what. It is Foles vs Wentz all over again. 

Way to blow it completely out of proportion!  On this subject, you are slamming people for not agreeing with your opinion.  Yet, you routinely post around the board that this is an opinion board and everyone is entitled to one.  Interesting dynamics at play.

4 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Show me where he confirmed them. 

Show me where he denied them. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Show me where he denied them. 

It doesn't work like that. You shouldn't be required to respond to lies and rumors. So again show me where CARSON WENTZ stated he wanted out. Or hell even his agent. You can't can you? 

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

It doesn't work like that. You shouldn't be required to respond to lies and rumors. So again show me where CARSON WENTZ stated he wanted out. Or hell even his agent. You can't can you? 

Yeah it does. When you decline to speak knowing the message was out there you’re confirming what was said. Saying nothing is saying something. Prove otherwise then.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

100% correct.  Especially when you have Myth's McLane waiting for any comment for his next hatchet piece.

I noticed more hatchet pieces came out after Carson refused to deal with them.  Odd huh? He should Jake Voracek them. 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah it does. When you decline to speak knowing the message was out there you’re confirming what was said. Saying nothing is saying something. Prove otherwise then.

According to who? You? Carson has not stated publicly that he wants to be traded. That is a FACT. Not rumors and gossip from the trashy philly sports media like you have. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

According to who? You? Carson did not ask to be traded. That is FACT. Not rumors and gossip like you have. 

So you can’t prove he didn’t have it put out there. Got it. You want to change my mind prove it. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

So you can’t prove he didn’t have it put out there. Got it. You want to change my mind prove it. 

Why waste my time trying to prove something to someone who believes gossip and rumors? I don't care what you think. Believe in the tooth fairy. But I have facts and you don't. That's that. You can't answer a simple question. When did Carson request a trade?

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

Why waste my time trying to prove something to someone who believes gossip and rumors? I don't care what you think. Believe in the tooth fairy. But I have facts and you don't. That's that. You can't answer a simple question. When did Carson request a trade?

The FACT I have is Carson DECLINED an interview/opportunity to prove the rumors false. All you have is your unwavering support for a bottom five quarterback. Good day sir. 

Archived