Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The FACT I have is Carson DECLINED an interview/opportunity to prove the rumors false. All you have is your unwavering support for a bottom five quarterback. Good day sir. 

So sorry Carson didn't give you interview YOU wanted him to give. But that looks like a you problem. Screw the philly sports media. In the words of Jake Voracek they are weasels anyway. 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Uscg-green said:

So sorry Carson didn't give you interview YOU wanted him to give. But that looks like a you problem. 

We will see if I’m the only person who seems to have wavered on Carson. If you think that btw you are sadly mistaken. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

We will see if I’m the only person who seems to have wavered on Carson. If you think that btw you are sadly mistaken. 

Well unless it's Howie, Lurie or the new HC it doesn't really matter does it? 

11 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Well unless it's Howie, Lurie or the new HC it doesn't really matter does it? 

You’re right! If they want to latch onto the Wentz sinking ship (they already did by paying too soon) there is nothing else that can be done. With that being the case even those people drafted Hurts so even his strongest supporters appear to have wavered some on the great one too. 

even his strongest supporters appear to have wavered some on the great one too. 

Didn't they pretty much just pick Wentz over their SB winning coach?

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

Didn't they pretty much just pick Wentz over their SB winning coach?

I thought you didn’t believe the rumors? 

I thought you didn’t believe the rumors? 

I believe that Doug told Lurie that Carson wasn't in his plans to be his guy and Lurie showed him the door. Either that or the last week tank wasn't sanctioned. 

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I believe that Doug told Lurie that Carson wasn't in his plans to be his guy and Lurie showed him the door. Either that or the last week tank wasn't sanctioned. 

Well I believe Wentz has gone behind his coaches back to complain to the owner and GM.  I believe Wentz did kill plays to defy Doug. I believe that Wentz also minimized his mistakes in meetings, because he did the same thing in his interviews. I also believe Carson’s people leaked the story of him wanting out if he wasn’t starting. Why do you think the Eagles FO are so adamant about pitching him as the starter to their new coaching hire? 

Why do you think the Eagles FO are so adamant about pitching him as the starter to their new coaching hire? 

Uh because they have a massive amount of money and cap space invested in him. And they probably believe good QBs can have a down year. 

Uh because they have a massive amount of money and cap space invested in him. And they probably believe good QBs can have a down year. 

This is the biggest issue. Carson’s fall hasn’t happened to a player his age in like 70 years. His fall wasn’t a normal down year. He literally fell off a cliff, but the truth is his play has been on the decline for multiple seasons now. I’m glad there are no more excuses. I don’t want to hear them anymore. It’s time to put up or shut up when it comes to Carson. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

but the truth is his play has been on the decline for multiple seasons now.

I sort of remember him putting a team with most of their stars on crutches on his back and almost single handedly winning us the division last year. 

I sort of remember him putting a team with most of their stars on crutches on his back and almost single handedly winning us the division last year. 

I sort of remember him completely stinking it up in back to back games against Seattle and the Patriots. I also remember there were stretches during that season the offense just sputtered out for quarters at a time. They won 9 games in the worst division in football and he beat three teams that quit on their soon to be fired coaches. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

Bro, slamming your head against the wall is a better use of time. These dudes actually believe ish they read on the internet, something I thought people stopped doing years ago. Guess not...

1 minute ago, ShutDownDB said:

Bro, slamming your head against the wall is a better use of time. These dudes actually believe ish they read on the internet, something I thought people stopped doing years ago. Guess not...

You’re right. Trying to convince you dopes that a bottom five quarterback isn’t elite is a complete waste of my time. 

3 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

It's a long offseason. As soon as a new Coach gets hired I'm sure the argument will go there lol. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

You’re right. Trying to convince you dopes that a bottom five quarterback isn’t elite is a complete waste of my time. 

You believe everything you read from toxic arse Mclane and other hacks and we're the dopes? 😂😂

Just now, ShutDownDB said:

You believe everything you read from toxic arse Mclane and other hacks and we're the dopes? 😂😂

I guess I should take the word of the geniuses here in EM B instead. Year it’s everyone else’s fault Carson stinks. Carry on. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I guess I should take the word of the geniuses here in EM B instead. Year it’s everyone else’s fault Carson stinks. Carry on. 

No, instead of taking a wait and see approach you went full on simple Jack. Great call bud

1 minute ago, ShutDownDB said:

No, instead of taking a wait and see approach you went full on simple Jack. Great call bud

Wait and see what? Carson’s no rookie. Next December he will be 29. 🤦🏾‍♂️

10 hours ago, greend said:

But is he a leader here anymore? Seems like that's pretty much up in the air even now.

Then if he isn't a leader (and I agree i think it's up in the air) then be should be gone surely?

8 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Way to blow it completely out of proportion!  On this subject, you are slamming people for not agreeing with your opinion.  Yet, you routinely post around the board that this is an opinion board and everyone is entitled to one.  Interesting dynamics at play.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I was responding to someone who was calling me out for being ridiculous when in fact I think both sides are being ridiculous. And it is that kind of debate that leads to more extreme views.

I don't dislike Carson but I feel like sometimes to try and make a point about the situation I have to go more to one side of the debate as a result of the constant defense he gets. 

8 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

You deserve an award for the Simple Jack reference.  Perfect fit.

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Then if he isn't a leader (and I agree i think it's up in the air) then be should be gone surely?

When is the back-up a leader? Not sure why you keep pushing this narrative, he was under no obligation to speak and he didn't. He stood in front of the cameras after every game that he played good or bad and answered every question. Now after 4 games in which he didn't play for some reason you think he's obligated to stand in front of the cameras again and answer why he didn't play well 4 games ago? C'mon man! 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I was responding to someone who was calling me out for being ridiculous when in fact I think both sides are being ridiculous. And it is that kind of debate that leads to more extreme views.

I don't dislike Carson but I feel like sometimes to try and make a point about the situation I have to go more to one side of the debate as a result of the constant defense he gets. 

Most of what I am reading is calling you out for attacking over your belief that Carson is obligated to speak...because McLane (and the hack Philly media) planted an idea in your head...and you believe silence = conviction. When its broken down, it is somewhat ridiculous. 

Most of us believe Carson needs to improve for the Eagles to win consistently,, but we know that he will speak when he wants/needs to.  At that point, you can cry or celebrate.  

Now, let's let this topic return to being about our favorite throwing RB.

Archived