Jump to content
Moderator6

Jalen Hurts discussion

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I sort of remember him putting a team with most of their stars on crutches on his back and almost single handedly winning us the division last year. 

I sort of remember him completely stinking it up in back to back games against Seattle and the Patriots. I also remember there were stretches during that season the offense just sputtered out for quarters at a time. They won 9 games in the worst division in football and he beat three teams that quit on their soon to be fired coaches. 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

I sort of remember him putting a team with most of their stars on crutches on his back and almost single handedly winning us the division last year. 

Bro, slamming your head against the wall is a better use of time. These dudes actually believe ish they read on the internet, something I thought people stopped doing years ago. Guess not...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ShutDownDB said:

Bro, slamming your head against the wall is a better use of time. These dudes actually believe ish they read on the internet, something I thought people stopped doing years ago. Guess not...

You’re right. Trying to convince you dopes that a bottom five quarterback isn’t elite is a complete waste of my time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

Bro, slamming your head against the wall is a better use of time. These dudes actually believe ish they read on the internet, something I thought people stopped doing years ago. Guess not...

It's a long offseason. As soon as a new Coach gets hired I'm sure the argument will go there lol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

You’re right. Trying to convince you dopes that a bottom five quarterback isn’t elite is a complete waste of my time. 

You believe everything you read from toxic arse Mclane and other hacks and we're the dopes? 😂😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ShutDownDB said:

You believe everything you read from toxic arse Mclane and other hacks and we're the dopes? 😂😂

I guess I should take the word of the geniuses here in EM B instead. Year it’s everyone else’s fault Carson stinks. Carry on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I guess I should take the word of the geniuses here in EM B instead. Year it’s everyone else’s fault Carson stinks. Carry on. 

No, instead of taking a wait and see approach you went full on simple Jack. Great call bud

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ShutDownDB said:

No, instead of taking a wait and see approach you went full on simple Jack. Great call bud

Wait and see what? Carson’s no rookie. Next December he will be 29. 🤦🏾‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, greend said:

But is he a leader here anymore? Seems like that's pretty much up in the air even now.

Then if he isn't a leader (and I agree i think it's up in the air) then be should be gone surely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Way to blow it completely out of proportion!  On this subject, you are slamming people for not agreeing with your opinion.  Yet, you routinely post around the board that this is an opinion board and everyone is entitled to one.  Interesting dynamics at play.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I was responding to someone who was calling me out for being ridiculous when in fact I think both sides are being ridiculous. And it is that kind of debate that leads to more extreme views.

I don't dislike Carson but I feel like sometimes to try and make a point about the situation I have to go more to one side of the debate as a result of the constant defense he gets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

No, instead of taking a wait and see approach you went full on simple Jack. Great call bud

You deserve an award for the Simple Jack reference.  Perfect fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Then if he isn't a leader (and I agree i think it's up in the air) then be should be gone surely?

When is the back-up a leader? Not sure why you keep pushing this narrative, he was under no obligation to speak and he didn't. He stood in front of the cameras after every game that he played good or bad and answered every question. Now after 4 games in which he didn't play for some reason you think he's obligated to stand in front of the cameras again and answer why he didn't play well 4 games ago? C'mon man! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I was responding to someone who was calling me out for being ridiculous when in fact I think both sides are being ridiculous. And it is that kind of debate that leads to more extreme views.

I don't dislike Carson but I feel like sometimes to try and make a point about the situation I have to go more to one side of the debate as a result of the constant defense he gets. 

Most of what I am reading is calling you out for attacking over your belief that Carson is obligated to speak...because McLane (and the hack Philly media) planted an idea in your head...and you believe silence = conviction. When its broken down, it is somewhat ridiculous. 

Most of us believe Carson needs to improve for the Eagles to win consistently,, but we know that he will speak when he wants/needs to.  At that point, you can cry or celebrate.  

Now, let's let this topic return to being about our favorite throwing RB.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Most of what I am reading is calling you out for attacking over your belief that Carson is obligated to speak...because McLane (and the hack Philly media) planted an idea in your head...and you believe silence = conviction. When its broken down, it is somewhat ridiculous. 

Most of us believe Carson needs to improve for the Eagles to win consistently,, but we know that he will speak when he wants/needs to.  At that point, you can cry or celebrate.  

Now, let's let this topic return to being about our favorite throwing RB.

 

Brian Westbrook?? :excited:

All he does is throw touchdowns! :thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd really like to see what Hurts can do with a full normal offseason and actual reps. I'm sure whether by injury or sucky play by Wentz he will get another chance to prove himself this year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I'd really like to see what Hurts can do with a full normal offseason and actual reps. I'm sure whether by injury or sucky play by Wentz he will get another chance to prove himself this year. 

I already know what he can do.

Free Endurance Running animations and animated gifs.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Brian Westbrook?? :excited:

All he does is throw touchdowns! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Thanks for the compliment

:wub:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we get better than a 2nd for him? I think if Wentz will be the starter, what's the point of having Hurts rot on the bench? 

I'm not for this as I wanna see Wentz play under new leadership first. Just a thought that crossed my mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 seasons in a row, Wentz has not finished as the final QB.  Hurts was drafted for insurance, if you keep Wentz you keep Hurts unless some team makes you a great offer.  If they move Hurts they need a new backup and they have no cap room to sign anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2021 at 7:00 PM, Moderator6 said:

Whine about Wentz in the Wentz thread.

Get real, there's no discussing Hurts without discussing Wentz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NOTW said:

4 seasons in a row, Wentz has not finished as the final QB.  Hurts was drafted for insurance, if you keep Wentz you keep Hurts unless some team makes you a great offer.  If they move Hurts they need a new backup and they have no cap room to sign anyone.

But we have a 2nd round pick! 

 

 

 

 

:whistle: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Don't see anyone giving up a 2nd for him

Except Howie. Unfortunately that doesn't help us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...