Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

49 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think it's a bit of both bud. I know we agree on most things when it comes to Wentz but I think it's partly that he is injury prone and partly it is his playing style. I mean the injury against the Rams in 2017 was an unfortunate injury. It was also a QB trying to make a play and putting his body on the line a little bit but lets be honest it was a freak injury too. I think being a QB who can make plays with your feet also requires you to be smart. Wilson uses his feet to make and extend plays but he is smart with it, he doesn't put himself in harms way, he slides before he is hit and he gets out of bounds a yard or two early before a hit. We saw last week what can happen (Mahomes) when a QB looks to make a play and fight for those extra yards to get a first down.

I agree it’s a little bit of both although it’s hard to really tell with 11 due to his varying assortment of injuries. In the end the piling up injuries had a lot to do with the Eagles drafting Hurts. Using a 2nd round pick on a backup quarterback frankly shows how little confidence the Eagles have in Carson finishing a full season. Hurts wasn’t ready to play last year, but he did show some flashes of his potential. Hopefully this new coaching staff can maximize the potential of one of these two players. 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I agree it’s a little bit of both although it’s hard to really tell with 11 due to his varying assortment of injuries. In the end the piling up injuries had a lot to do with the Eagles drafting Hurts. Using a 2nd round pick on a backup quarterback frankly shows how little confidence the Eagles have in Carson finishing a full season. Hurts wasn’t ready to play last year, but he did show some flashes of his potential. Hopefully this new coaching staff can maximize the potential of one of these two players. 

I mean I agree with you that they drafted Hurts because they don't have the confidence in Wentz to finish a full season but then giving him that monster contract was then a mistake if they had those doubts and reservations. I mean I can't believe that one dirty hit that forced Wentz out with concussion will have changed their mind about him? That was a hit that he could have done absolutely nothing about and was a cheap, dirty hit.

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think overall the style of play is causing 11 to get these injuries and not necessarily that he’s injury prone. It’s the same type of Alpha Male machismo that nearly all of his injuries have in common. Fighting for extra yards, holding the ball as long as possible, and trying to run over safeties. The guy simply doesn’t play smart with his body. Conversely Hurts throws it away and slides when he has to. One guy takes unnecessary punishment that adds up while the other guy doesn’t take unnecessary risks with his body. My biggest issue with Hurts is how loose he is with the football. He can’t keep fumbling as much as he does. 

I agree. In regards to the fumbling by Hurts, I hope that the change to more of a quick passing game will help Hurts out, idk about Wentz, hopefully he takes to coaching and uses the quick game and not do Hero ball and wait for the deep shot. He isn't Farve, being a gun slinger will not work.

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It was also a QB trying to make a play and putting his body on the line a little bit but lets be honest it was a freak injury too.

I wouldn't call it a freak injury, it was a business decision where Wentz came out on the losing end.

4 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I wouldn't call it a freak injury, it was a business decision where Wentz came out on the losing end.

What i mean is... Plenty of QBs have made that kind of play and not torn their ACL and LCL.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What i mean is... Plenty of QBs have made that kind of play and not torn their ACL and LCL.

Not that kind of play, that was a really hard hit that you don't see often, I was stunned when I saw hit stopped mid flight like that, tuff guy that Wentz, he actually walked into the tunnel. 

34 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Not that kind of play, that was a really hard hit that you don't see often, I was stunned when I saw hit stopped mid flight like that, tuff guy that Wentz, he actually walked into the tunnel. 

He actually played 4 more plays, threw a TD, then walked to the tunnel. 

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

I don't think the hit was that bad... And I'm pretty sure they think the injury occurred before the hit. I'm sure I saw that reported.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't think the hit was that bad... And I'm pretty sure they think the injury occurred before the hit. I'm sure I saw that reported.

Wentz is a big guy that was airborne and stopped mid flight, it's a hard hit to accomplish that feat.

3 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Wentz is a big guy that was airborne and stopped mid flight, it's a hard hit to accomplish that feat.

He was hit by 2 big dudes. But the hit is actually irrelevant if the tear happened before the hit.

27 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He was hit by 2 big dudes. But the hit is actually irrelevant if the tear happened before the hit.

I don't think it happened before the hit

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

As he was diving the defender dove into his leg . 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not really airborne, as he was diving the defender dove into his leg . 

Yeah but I think the injury occurred before he went airborne. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah but I think the injury occurred before he went airborne. 

🤷

On 1/26/2021 at 3:12 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

He actually played 4 more plays, threw a TD, then walked to the tunnel. 

That was crazy. Much respect for that. 

Jalen Hurts spoke recently. At least one Eagles quarterback stepped up and spoke. He certainly doesn’t sound like a guy who is simply happy being backup to the other guy. He implied he’s working to get better and working with he teammates. Whenever anyone hears what the other guy says please let me know. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Jalen Hurts spoke recently. At least one Eagles quarterback H-back/fullback stepped up and spoke. He certainly doesn’t sound like a guy who is simply happy being backup to the other guy. He implied he’s working to get better and working with he teammates. Whenever anyone hears what the other guy says please let me know. 

FYP

Hurts got the upper hand mentally if there is a real competition. Remember he stayed an additional year at Bama to compete with Tua. He got beat out but he was willing to compete. Nothing I’m hearing is leading me to believe Wentz is ready to compete. If that is the case, he should lose. He doesn’t have the grapefruits to compete.

26 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

FYP

Thanks, but you failed to add the Hback full back beat out the petulant crybaby QB we have who can’t hit the side of a bus right now.

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Jalen Hurts spoke recently. At least one Eagles quarterback stepped up and spoke. He certainly doesn’t sound like a guy who is simply happy being backup to the other guy. He implied he’s working to get better and working with he teammates. Whenever anyone hears what the other guy says please let me know. 

Was just coming to post this.  Can't just post that he spoke and not link it bro!

4 hours ago, eagle45 said:

FYP

I'd suggest that the correct terminology could be "Throwing RB".

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Thanks, but you failed to add the Hback full back beat out the petulant crybaby QB we have who can’t hit the side of a bus right now.

I’m not here to defend Wentz, only to remind people of the reality that neither is good.

6 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I’m not here to defend Wentz, only to remind people of the reality that neither is good.

One is a rookie that played four games. The other is mad even though he’s been coddled like a baby. 

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Was just coming to post this.  Can't just post that he spoke and not link it bro!

Good interview. He didn't say anything that he shouldn't have imo. He even did a nice job of avoiding the bait

39 minutes ago, greend said:

Good interview. He didn't say anything that he shouldn't have imo. He even did a nice job of avoiding the bait

Which are the type of answers anyone in this situation should give.

Archived