• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/10/2021 at 7:50 AM, CouchKing said:

Jalen Hurts might be okay if:

1) the OLine is not Swiss cheese

2) the receivers can get open

3) he can find the open receiver

Do you ever see Tom Brady running for his life on every play? No. He always has time to pick the D apart.

Isn't that mind boggling? Dude is a statue, and doesn't get sacked that much for being so immobile. 

On 5/13/2021 at 10:15 AM, Portyansky said:

Isn't that mind boggling? Dude is a statue, and doesn't get sacked that much for being so immobile. 

Because he understands how to get rid of the football. Too many guys just hold the ball, take unnecessary sacks, and fumble today. Brady throws to the spot his receiver will be. That’s why last year we had so many turnovers, because our guys were waiting for guys to "get open” with a Swiss cheese line. Of course Howie’s drafted receivers didn’t help either when they were running the wrong routes too. But that’s the moment when the man under center should step up and be a real leader. Brady would not tolerate receivers running the wrong routes. He wouldn’t sit on the sidelines and say nothing or mope, because he’s a winner and not whiner. 

On 5/9/2021 at 5:23 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Getting Hurts a receiver he’s familiar with should only improve his chances to develop. The kid is also a hard worker and natural leader. I don’t know if this kid will work out, but I’m rooting for him. 

I think the fact that Smith seems like a hard worker and kind of a perfectionist is going to do wonders. I see these two really pushing each other to get better. 

3 hours ago, nipples said:

I think the fact that Smith seems like a hard worker and kind of a perfectionist is going to do wonders. I see these two really pushing each other to get better. 

Absolutely no question there bud. Both are going to work hard and put in the hard yards to be the best that they can be. 

17 hours ago, nipples said:

Hopefully they push Reagor to work harder than he did last year with his lazy route running. 

Brady is Brady because he can go thru progressions and make reads unbelievably quickly.....and then the quick release.  

He knows the defensive weaknesses of every team he plays, and will look to exploit them as much as possible.  He rarely takes bad sacks, throws the ball away to live another play. He has superior pocket presence. 

He's a classic pocket passer.........the kind that wins the vast majority of super bowl.  Not a 1-2 look running QB.....they exciting and can win some games....but championships are won with pocket passers.  Because a QB can do so much more damage passing than running the ball.

If hurts can become dak Prescott, he'll be fine. Don't turn the ball over, make a couple lays with your legs, take what the defense gives you. If the cowboys defense wasn't so terrible they would probably be legitimate front runners for the division every year instead of being front runners because the media loves them.

3 hours ago, devpool said:

If hurts can become dak Prescott, he'll be fine. Don't turn the ball over, make a couple lays with your legs, take what the defense gives you. If the cowboys defense wasn't so terrible they would probably be legitimate front runners for the division every year instead of being front runners because the media loves them.

Well, their fans sure are front runners.   When the Cowboys suck, they are like cockroaches when the lights get turned on.

6 hours ago, devpool said:

So the goal is now to become a tier 2 qb.

6 hours ago, devpool said:

It would be great if Hurts turned out to be at that level. 

Quality starting QBs are hard to find, just look around the league at how many teams spend years and a ton of draft picks trying to find their guy. It would be awesome if he could consistently perform at that level. 

There are 32 starting QBs in the NFL.  I believe that 31 of them are better passers than Jalen Hurts. 

The Eagles will carefully curate and spoon feed an offense towards his limited comfort zone as a passer, so his efficiency stats and rating may slide ahead of 1-3 other starters in the league, but he's reliably going to be at or near the bottom.

17 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

There are 32 starting QBs in the NFL.  I believe that 31 of them are better passers than Jalen Hurts. 

The Eagles will carefully curate and spoon feed an offense towards his limited comfort zone as a passer, so his efficiency stats and rating may slide ahead of 1-3 other starters in the league, but he's reliably going to be at or near the bottom.

Can you get me the Powerball winning #’s too please? PM me. #thathottakewasahotturd

11 hours ago, eagle45 said:

I don't know that he'll be that bad, but I'm more or less in agreement with this take. 

17 hours ago, eagle45 said:

So the goal is now to become a tier 2 qb.

There aren't a lot of tier 1 QBs, so yea tier 2 would be pretty solid for hurts.

Tier 1 is Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Wilson

Hurts will never be that level. 

If Hurts ends up being "Dak Prescott good" I will be over the f'ing moon.

18 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Yeah, because no QB has ever improved as a passer with NFL coaching. 

1 hour ago, nipples said:

And yet almost all of them are already starting in a better place than Hurts.

Hurts will be candidate for MVP this year.

5 hours ago, nipples said:

Problem is you could say the same for the other 31 QBs. 

On 5/15/2021 at 11:33 AM, devpool said:

With the offense Prescott had/has around him he hasn't won crap. I prefer to set the bar a bit higher

3 hours ago, greend said:

With the offense Prescott had/has around him he hasn't won crap. I prefer to set the bar a bit higher

That's fair but their defense has been awful, especially last year. For a franchise QB you want more than what Prescott will give but I personally don't believe hurts has a ceiling higher than that. I definitely don't believe he will ever be a Tier 1 QB. Would love to be wrong though, would make this rebuild WAY easier if he took an enormous leap forward this season.

9 minutes ago, devpool said:

That's fair but their defense has been awful, especially last year. For a franchise QB you want more than what Prescott will give but I personally don't believe hurts has a ceiling higher than that. I definitely don't believe he will ever be a Tier 1 QB. Would love to be wrong though, would make this rebuild WAY easier if he took an enormous leap forward this season.

I agree that he's not going to be a tier 1 qb and like you I hope to be wrong, but I still would prefer to set the bar higher than Dak

53 minutes ago, devpool said:

I think he will be the top tier QB Dak never was nor will be.

5 hours ago, greend said:

I agree that he's not going to be a tier 1 qb and like you I hope to be wrong, but I still would prefer to set the bar higher than Dak

Almost no one ever clears the hype bar.  Every young QB who gets a starting job is compared to a HOF'er in the same mold.

You start with the bar at Dak, you're gonna get Koy Detmer.

Archived