Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

So the Eagles dropped to #12 in the draft so maybe his hard work actually is paying off. 

Multiple reports they tried to trade up for Zach Wilson

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, downundermike said:

Multiple reports they tried to trade up for Zach Wilson

Actual fact is they traded down to 12. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Actual fact is they traded down to 12. 

You are really gonna freak when they draft Mac Jones at 12.

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You are really gonna freak when they draft Mac Jones at 12.

Not really, because I’m used to the Eagles screwing up in the draft now. I was more freaked when they took Hurts last year, because I knew it would be an issue. I just didn’t realize how weak in the mind your boy Wentz was to allow that to completely ruin his season. 

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Not really, because I’m used to the Eagles screwing up in the draft now. I was more freaked when they took Hurts last year, because I knew it would be an issue. I just didn’t realize how weak in the mind your boy Wentz was to allow that to completely ruin his season. 

Why do you keep bringing up the Colts QB.  We are talking about the Eagles, their QB and draft plans.

2 hours ago, Infam said:

Can we please stop it with the Hurts bashing bull?

He was a frikking rookie with no offseason that was told he would be the backup. Then he gets thrown in with no OL and all things considered he played great. Yes. GREAT!

If you didn't see it, because you are so damn stuck up on numbers: Please pull your head out of your ass and WATCH the games again.

No thanks watching them once was enough. 

I get them giving Hurts a chance to start this year, but I think they should have just picked whoever of Fields/Lance was there at #6. Don't see Mac Jones as an option at 12, he's not the kind of "High Ceiling" QB, Lowie like.

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

There is talk of him to the 9ers at 3

We're not the 9ers.

15 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I get them giving Hurts a chance to start this year, but I think they should have just picked whoever of Fields/Lance was there at #6. Don't see Mac Jones as an option at 12, he's not the kind of "High Ceiling" QB, Lowie like.

😂🤣😂🤣

I like the value we got for the trade but I really wanted them to take a QB at 6. I don't see Jalen as the guy long term and all 4 QBs this year are projected to be better than any of the QBs in next years class, even if 1 breaks out and raises his stock, we will either not have a high enough pick (1-3) or will have to trade all the capital we have accumulated.

Just now, downundermike said:

And Mac Jones would not be an option at 12 if he goes 3rd

Don't see him as an option no matter what, not the Lowie cup of tea QB.

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

Don't see him as an option no matter what, not the Lowie cup of tea QB.

I think get ready for Mac Jones to be an Eagle. Just a gut feel. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think get ready for Mac Jones to be an Eagle. Just a gut feel. 

Don't see it, at all, but crazier things have happened I guess.

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

Don't see it, at all, but crazier things have happened I guess.

This is Lurie and Howie... I can see just about anything happening. 

4 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I like the value we got for the trade but I really wanted them to take a QB at 6. I don't see Jalen as the guy long term and all 4 QBs this year are projected to be better than any of the QBs in next years class, even if 1 breaks out and raises his stock, we will either not have a high enough pick (1-3) or will have to trade all the capital we have accumulated.

I think I’d rather just go with Jalen for this year. I mean you never know. If the Watson stuff dies down then now they actually have the capital to trade for him. Maybe they can pry Rodgers out of Green Bay or something? Going with another quarterback after just ruining Wentz just feels like it’s too soon. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

I think I’d rather just go with Jalen for this year. I mean you never know. If the Watson stuff dies down then now they actually have the capital to trade for him. Maybe they can pry Rodgers out of Green Bay or something? Going with another quarterback after just ruining Wentz just feels like it’s too soon. 

Rodgers out of GB? On this roster? Yikes what a terrible move that would be. I mean with Howie I wouldn't rule it out but still. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Going with another quarterback after just ruining Wentz just feels like it’s too soon. 

As Mike Missanelli said earlier, we have a front office of fans, not football guys, and they are reactionary like fans.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

As Mike Missanelli said earlier, we have a front office of fans, not football guys, and they are reactionary like fans.

Hopefully an adult stands up in the room and realizes if they just hold out by 2022 they would have put themselves in position to become serious contenders again. 

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Rodgers out of GB? On this roster? Yikes what a terrible move that would be. I mean with Howie I wouldn't rule it out but still. 

In 2022 more cap space to make more moves. This team could be drastically different by then. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Hopefully an adult stands up in the room and realizes if they just hold out by 2022 they would have put themselves in position to become serious contenders again. 

No they have not, go see my other post I just replied to you

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

No they have not, go see my other post I just replied to you

They had to make those moves to get under the cap, but you should know by now most of that stuff doesn’t quite mean what you think. There are ways around the hard cap. Bottom line is if Wentz were still on the roster they were really screwed with the cap. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

They had to make those moves to get under the cap, but you should know by now most of that stuff doesn’t quite mean what you think. There are ways around the hard cap. Bottom line is if Wentz were still on the roster they were really screwed with the cap. 

I fully understand that.  It is mismanagement, it is coming back to haunt them, and it is not going away.

Once you add the cap hits for the rookie draft class next year, they have 10 million in cap space with 49 players under contract.  Well actually 47, maybe less, as some of those cap numbers are dummy years.

Archived