Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

"Eagles News: Jalen Hurts among "interesting long shot” NFL MVP bets"

Wow, now a long shot for MVP. Guy started a few games, and overall stats were mediocre, and SBNation has nothing better to talk about. Some of their headlines ARE insane.  one day this and another day that. Why don't they just stick to what is the most factual-Howie will blow the draft and Eagles might win 2 games.....

PS.....Please we need an Impact player  Maybe it's not as easy as it looks

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't a long shot mean it doesn't have a chance?

That would accurately describe his chances at MVP

2 hours ago, nicks said:

Wow, now a long shot for MVP. Guy started a few games, and overall stats were mediocre, and SBNation has nothing better to talk about. Some of their headlines ARE insane.  one day this and another day that. Why don't they just stick to what is the most factual-Howie will blow the draft and Eagles might win 2 games.....

Dude there's a lot of intrigue with a new starter combined with a new coaching staff/scheme.  Hurts is 40/1 odds for MVP.  I could absolutely see him having a strong season as a passer and runner both.  MVP?  Unlikely, but with his talent and those odds throwing $50-$100 on it isn't a terrible bet. 

3 hours ago, nicks said:

I think you need to comprehend what you're reading... "LONG SHOT......."

And who cares. TB12 was never an mvp when he won a SB. In fact, 2000 was the last time a MVP QB won the SB. So good.

Merci Beaucoup.....let's hear the predictions from the resident "genius"....another SB, and some more Eagles Enabling/....Weren't you one of the ones that said Wentz has more upside than Dak????I guess the Birds won't see that upside for them. Dak is signed and Wentz is G...O...N...E..

5 hours ago, nicks said:

While I don't agree, you do realize nobody legitimately thought Lamar Jackson was an MVP candidate two years ago and he ended up winning it. Stranger things have happened.

2 hours ago, T-1000 said:

While I don't agree, you do realize nobody legitimately thought Lamar Jackson was an MVP candidate two years ago and he ended up winning it. Stranger things have happened.

Exactly fair - Hurts is a long shot. But it's far from impossible, particularly given what he adds with his legs.

None of us know what Hurts is yet. He played in the most difficult of circumstances last year and was very good in places and very bad in others. He was always viewed as a QB that needs development.

6 hours ago, nicks said:

Merci Beaucoup.....let's hear the predictions from the resident "genius"....another SB, and some more Eagles Enabling/....Weren't you one of the ones that said Wentz has more upside than Dak????I guess the Birds won't see that upside for them. Dak is signed and Wentz is G...O...N...E..

you go through life without a clue, pal o mine

On 4/17/2021 at 12:29 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hurts doesn't have the arm that Watson has though bud. He also doesn't go through his progressions the same.

Some thing you can't put on paper. Some players run slow 40s but have great games speed. Some players just win or set records with the right team and play calling, like foles. Hurts may not have all the tangible you require but I think he will win games.

3 hours ago, XoqTionR said:

Some thing you can't put on paper. Some players run slow 40s but have great games speed. Some players just win or set records with the right team and play calling, like foles. Hurts may not have all the tangible you require but I think he will win games.

Well, he’s won one game so far, even Doug was telling him to go through his progressions instead of one look and run, and he’s passing a shade over 50%, so .....

image.gif.633a0cee44d258c0a430e4ab6808dacb.gif

4 hours ago, XoqTionR said:

You may be right. Look he played at a high level in college. He played for Bama before transferring to Oaklahoma where he played at a very high level. He's a former Heismann winner. He's a very good talented player. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You may be right. Look he played at a high level in college. He played for Bama before transferring to Oaklahoma where he played at a very high level. He's a former Heismann winner. He's a very good talented player. 

He didn't win the Heisman.  He's a good football player, but his performance was buoyed by the talent around him more than he brought the talent up. 

For reference, he was benched for Tua, who was roundly considered a much better NFL talent.  If the Eagles had Tua, is anyone excited?

5 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

He didn't win the Heisman.  He's a good football player, but his performance was buoyed by the talent around him more than he brought the talent up. 

For reference, he was benched for Tua, who was roundly considered a much better NFL talent.  If the Eagles had Tua, is anyone excited?

Did he not? I thought he had but apologies I take it back.

I know he was benched for Tua but hey he moved on to Oaklahomo and went on to perform at a high level there too.

32 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I know he was benched for Tua but hey he moved on to Oaklahomo and went on to perform at a high level there too.

Being successful at OU as a QB isn't as hard as it seems.  It's a no defense league with a talent laden OU and a bunch of pretenders.  OU just turns out stat monsters against that conference...note the line of them with Riley.  Hurts is just another plug-and-play Air Raid QB (that rarely succeed in the NFL).

I'm not saying that he isn't a good football player.  I'm saying he isn't a good QB.

Add:  For fun.  Do you think the Eagles are contenders with Tua, Baker Mayfield, or Kyler Murray?  I do not and they are all better QBs than Hurts. I'd feel better with them, for sure, but not confident that we would win big.

2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Add:  For fun.  Do you think the Eagles are contenders with Tua, Baker Mayfield, or Kyler Murray?  I do not and they are all better QBs than Hurts. I'd feel better with them, for sure, but not confident that we would win big.

I really like Kyler Murray so I think yes they could become contenders with him (though this roster is in no position to contend almost regardless of who the QB is) but the other 2 no I don't.

30 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I really like Kyler Murray so I think yes they could become contenders with him (though this roster is in no position to contend almost regardless of who the QB is) but the other 2 no I don't.

Sure.  But, we can agree that Mayfield, Murray, and Tua are all better NFL QB prospects than Jalen Hurts.  They were better players in college, had better draft grades, and have higher ceilings.  

17 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Sure.  But, we can agree that Mayfield, Murray, and Tua are all better NFL QB prospects than Jalen Hurts.  They were better players in college, had better draft grades, and have higher ceilings.  

Umm yeah I think we can agree that. Although that doesn't necessarily guarantee they will be better players in the NFL. 

4 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Lol Tua as benched twice for Fitzpatrick. Would have been a 3rd if Fitzpatrick wasn't on the COVID list

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol Tua as benched twice for Fitzpatrick. Would have been a 3rd if Fitzpatrick wasn't on the COVID list

I'm not going to pretend to know the dynamics of the Dolphins or why those changes were made..

However, Tua was a better draft prospect than Hurts BY FAR (not to mention taking Hurts' starting job) and is now as an NFL QB..  I'm not a fan of either QB and I know that NO Eagles fan would be excited if Tua was the starter...just like no one should be that a lower graded prospect is our starting QB.  Hope he proves me wrong.  Have my doubts.

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I'm not going to pretend to know the dynamics of the Dolphins or why those changes were made..

However, Tua was a better draft prospect than Hurts BY FAR (not to mention taking Hurts' starting job) and is now as an NFL QB..  I'm not a fan of either QB and I know that NO Eagles fan would be excited if Tua was the starter...just like no one should be that a lower graded prospect is our starting QB.  Hope he proves me wrong.  Have my doubts.

I think both will end up getting replaced

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Freudian slip bro?

Just another reminder that Hurts rocked this classic in a press conference this year.

Hurts.PNG

19 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Just another reminder that Hurts rocked this classic in a press conference this year.

Hurts.PNG

I got one of those once for selling insulation.

Archived