Sign in to follow this  
RPeeteRules

Non Political Memes and other things

1 hour ago, JohnSnowsHair said:

same. if it's even just at the sell-by date she tosses it, and I'm like "WHOAH WTF BABE THAT ISH IS FINE!

I've had to explain on multiple occasions that these are not expiration dates, they are "best by" dates, meaning you've still got at least two weeks until it turns, and when you're talking about cheese, etc., the sh** is already live cultures anyway. The question is just how lively do you want your edible bacteria to be? Lol.

3 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I've had to explain on multiple occasions that these are not expiration dates, they are "best by" dates, meaning you've still got at least two weeks until it turns, and when you're talking about cheese, etc., the sh** is already live cultures anyway. The question is just how lively do you want your edible bacteria to be? Lol.

she even does it with cans. I'm like "woman, it's in a can. it's basically good forever if it was sealed properly"

I end up using the older stuff in a stir fry and tossing the cans quick before she notices :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

WFH while kids are in school FTW! 

I wish.

unfortunately my wife is a workaholic, and I tend that way as well. there's been a lot less sexy times during the day than I was hoping :thumbdown:

I still regularly helicopter my wife while she is on conference calls. she's less amused than I am. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JohnSnowsHair said:

"is the door locked?" 

My new home has double doors for the bedroom, and the one that latches to the ceiling is a bit loose. So even if the door is locked, a very small amount of pressure will allow it to be pushed open.

Safe to say I added a slide bolt last weekend.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

WFH while kids are in school FTW! 

Kids school from home now though. We just became "morning people" to work around that issue.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JohnSnowsHair said:

20. Challenge Accepted! | Through an amateur's eyes

-Vikas83, probably.

He was so preoccupied with whether or not he could that he didn't stop to think if he should.

• Haha 2

FB_IMG_1617927744977.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

He was so preoccupied with whether or not he could that he didn't stop to think if he should.

1156257016_wellthereitis.gif.fdc30897284a72d5529c06f8f9ed1a81.gif

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/148696245_10158853976253280_5224543088154096248_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=W2CiR9FYBdcAX_jFm3U&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=48aad137761481ff03cc3ebd9be12510&oe=60941C69

I mean, this is basically me, lol. My GF has a sensitive stomach and doesn't trust anything that's been in the fridge over a week, but I hate wasting food and have a steel gut and beastly immune system honed from decades of consuming questionable items and playing in the dirt.

"What, there's mold on that block of cheese? Don't throw it away! Let me cut the mold off and put it on tacos! That cream smells sour? Nothing the flavor of coffee won't cover up!" :roll:

We don't have this emoji as a choice so 🤮 here you go

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I mean, this is basically me, lol. My GF has a sensitive stomach and doesn't trust anything that's been in the fridge over a week, but I hate wasting food and have a steel gut and beastly immune system honed from decades of consuming questionable items and playing in the dirt.

"What, there's mold on that block of cheese? Don't throw it away! Let me cut the mold off and put it on tacos! That cream smells sour? Nothing the flavor of coffee won't cover up!" :roll:

minus the mold, yup.  The struggle is real.

• Like 1

dmx passed away :sad:   

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

F2D0C2AD-380C-45DB-9E03-2D92E9B2900D.thumb.jpeg.292fa72f31ed0cf26c91d2c8aa378de9.jpeg

Dogs don't have ears like that, or at least not any dog that I've ever seen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Dogs don't have ears like that, or at least not any dog that I've ever seen.

I know thats the 1st thing i noticed too