Zach Wilson (BYU QB) -- DRAFTED BY N.Y. JETS #2

Ray75

Well now that we need a QB I'm on board. It was Smith for me. But we have no one to throw to him. 

No thanks! Give Hurts a year as starter, if he is good, we have a franchise QB. If he sucks, we will be in position to draft Spencer Rattler.

• Like 1

This is the kind of QB I can see Howie falling in love with and take at 6 or move up to get his guy. 

This may be the first draft I am going to skip. I don't have enough hair left to pull out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

This is the kind of QB I can see Howie falling in love with and take at 6 or move up to get his guy

This may be the first draft I am going to skip. I don't have enough hair left to pull out.

I feel you, it wasn't that long ago that i was traumatized by the Markelle Fultz fiasco

• Like 1

We as fans might not want a QB at #6, but Lowie most likely will do the Lowie thing that Lowie's do- take a QB at #6. 

Here is what Zack's coach had to say. Of course, he the guys coach, so...

"On a football field, he’s a guy that could easily be a coach right now,” Sitake said. "You want a guy to be highly competitive, but not a lot of people are willing to sacrifice and put in the time to prepare like he is. Imagine a player who loves the game of football and when I’m working late nights, he’s here as well. And then when I’m watching film, he’ll come in and watch film with the coaching staff and hang out. He lives for ball, that’s what he does, and he’s a great student of the game, and his work ethic’s unbelievable, and his teammates love him.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/21/byu-coach-talks-up-zach-wilson-as-an-nfl-franchise-quarterback/

2 hours ago, Talonblood said:

We as fans might not want a QB at #6, but Lowie most likely will do the Lowie thing that Lowie's do- take a QB at #6. 

Here is what Zack's coach had to say. Of course, he the guys coach, so...

"On a football field, he’s a guy that could easily be a coach right now,” Sitake said. "You want a guy to be highly competitive, but not a lot of people are willing to sacrifice and put in the time to prepare like he is. Imagine a player who loves the game of football and when I’m working late nights, he’s here as well. And then when I’m watching film, he’ll come in and watch film with the coaching staff and hang out. He lives for ball, that’s what he does, and he’s a great student of the game, and his work ethic’s unbelievable, and his teammates love him.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/21/byu-coach-talks-up-zach-wilson-as-an-nfl-franchise-quarterback/

I remember when practically the exact same stuff was said about Carson.  Good times!

• Haha 1

Now that Howie let it leak that he's looking at QB, are we supposed to be ok with that?  I don't see this player getting by the Jets. If he does, the Eagles will draft him.

I look forward to the Combine to learn some more about them. Just remember Howie is going to pass on Chase and draft a QB.

18 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

Now that Howie let it leak that he's looking at QB, are we supposed to be ok with that?  I don't see this player getting by the Jets. If he does, the Eagles will draft him.

I look forward to the Combine to learn some more about them. Just remember Howie is going to pass on Chase and draft a QB.

Or Howie wants it known that they are after a QB because that belief helps the Eagles? 

There's no combine this year though bud. Just in case you didn't know. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

This kid has a lot of Mahomes to him. Great arm. accuracy and throws from anywhere.  

• 1 month later...