Kyle Pitts (Florida TE/WR) -- DRAFTED BY ATLANTA #4

Captain F

16 minutes ago, Infam said:

I think he will be viewed like McCaffrey, so a top10 pick is possible.

I want you to think about what you just wrote. 

1 hour ago, stinkfist said:

I want you to think about what you just wrote. 

McCaffrey was rising steadily just like Pitts. Still, if it wasn't for the Panthers I don't think he would've made the top10.

And I wouldn't even agree with that comparison, I think Pitts ain't as good.

I'd rather pick Pat Freiermuth in the second. Dude can block and catch, think is a much better fit here.

1 hour ago, Infam said:

He has been "rising" quite a bit, no doubt. But that's a bit rich. I think he will be viewed like McCaffrey, so a top10 pick is possible.

"Slim" chances he is there at 6? Come on...

I don’t think he’ll wind up a top 5 pick but for what it’s worth Jeremiah has Pitts as the number 3 overall prospect and I honestly can’t blame him.

He’ll probably run in that 4.5 range at 6’6” 240+ lbs and if people start seeing him as a dynamic matchup nightmare instead of just a TE,  he could go higher than many anticipate.

6 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

I don’t think he’ll wind up a top 5 pick but for what it’s worth Jeremiah has Pitts as the number 3 overall prospect and I honestly can’t blame him.

He’ll probably run in that 4.5 range at 6’6” 240+ lbs and if people start seeing him as a dynamic matchup nightmare instead of just a TE,  he could go higher than many anticipate.

O.J. Howard ran 4.51 at 6'6" + 251 and he went 19th.

At this point, I can even see him go top10, but unlike you I am not convinced at all he deserves it. So yeah..

1 hour ago, Infam said:

O.J. Howard ran 4.51 at 6'6" + 251 and he went 19th.

At this point, I can even see him go top10, but unlike you I am not convinced at all he deserves it. So yeah..

I’m not necessarily saying he deserves it. It’s what this draft class offers. The lack of elite defensive talent at the top pushes some prospects up. You have to take what the draft gives you and in the Eagles situation an offensive weapon will probably give them the best bang for their buck. We can all debate who that should be. Some like Smith better than Chase, some the other way around. But you can’t deny Pitts won’t be in that conversation here especially with Ertz walking and Sirianni running 12 personel. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Infam said:

McCaffrey was rising steadily just like Pitts. Still, if it wasn't for the Panthers I don't think he would've made the top10.

And I wouldn't even agree with that comparison, I think Pitts ain't as good.

I'd rather pick Pat Freiermuth in the second. Dude can block and catch, think is a much better fit here.

Few things...

You just said you wouldn't agree with a comparison that you made. Your comparison or now, lack thereof, really plays no part in my opinion. I just found it funny that your basis for why Pitts definitely wasn't worthy of being picked at an elite position was because he was exactly like perhaps the most elite offensive weapon in the NFL. 

Moving on...

You just used OJ Howard as part of your "argument", so to speak. You seem to like to compare players and/or situations. Huge OJ Howard fan, but he didn't do what Kyle Pitts did. He didn't line up outside and get covered by the other teams' best corner consistently and then make said corner look bad. He didn't line up inline, in the backfield, in the slot, in Trips, outside and then cut the grass after the game. And he also didn't have the athleticism Pitts has. Once OJ got going, he could run. He wasn't making people miss out if his stems route running on corners though. Kyle Pitts does. They're just two vastly different players. That's like comparing Marshawn Lynch and Brian Westbrook. 

If you don't think he's good. Awesome. No need for you to worry about him then. I'm talking to myself. I've gathered that the two prospects you seem to like are Pat and Smith. Got it. 

PS - There was a team trying to trade into the Top 10 to get Christian McCaffrey. You cheer for them every Sunday. 🙂 And they weren't the only team trying to do so. That's straight fact. Been reported so many times by so many different sources that it's common knowledge. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, stinkfist said:

Few things...

You just said you wouldn't agree with a comparison that you made. Your comparison or now, lack thereof, really plays no part in my opinion. I just found it funny that your basis for why Pitts definitely wasn't worthy of being picked at an elite position was because he was exactly like perhaps the most elite offensive weapon in the NFL. 

Moving on...

You just used OJ Howard as part of your "argument", so to speak. You seem to like to compare players and/or situations. Huge OJ Howard fan, but he didn't do what Kyle Pitts did. He didn't line up outside and get covered by the other teams' best corner consistently and then make said corner look bad. He didn't line up inline, in the backfield, in the slot, in Trips, outside and then cut the grass after the game. And he also didn't have the athleticism Pitts has. Once OJ got going, he could run. He wasn't making people miss out if his stems route running on corners though. Kyle Pitts does. They're just two vastly different players. That's like comparing Marshawn Lynch and Brian Westbrook. 

If you don't think he's good. Awesome. No need for you to worry about him then. I'm talking to myself. I've gathered that the two prospects you seem to like are Pat and Smith. Got it. 

PS - There was a team trying to trade into the Top 10 to get Christian McCaffrey. You cheer for them every Sunday. 🙂 And they weren't the only team trying to do so. That's straight fact. Been reported so many times by so many different sources that it's common knowledge. 

See, if you read carefully there is a small but important distinction in my argument: First there is what I feel is right, and then there is what I believe NFL teams think about him. So there is no contradiction at all, really. I think he could be viewed like McCaffrey was, and he could be taken as a top10 prospect. Just that I don't think he should be.. Moving on. 😄😉

I used Howard as an example for @Ray75, to make the point that even with exactly the traits he mentioned a player could be well outside the top10, and that was all there was to it. And I do like a few more prospects too, I like Waddle. I like Surtain. And outside the #6 there are actually plenty of players I do like. Just not as big on Chase and Pitts like you guys are, but hey - I bet there are players I like you think aren't worth it too.

As for the Eagles trading up for McCaffrey.. I really liked him. Don't think Pitts is at his level, but hey, if you do I understand why you would take him at #6.

On 12/31/2020 at 7:50 AM, What The F said:

6'6 240lbs from Philadelphia.  Kid is a monster.  He might emerge as the best WR in this class. While listed as a TE, he has better hands and size then anyone in this draft.  

The only problem is of value. He is just not worth a 6th pick. Would love eagles to trade back and pick up Pitts between 10-15.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 7:24 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I'm not sure he makes it past 8 unless the Panthers trade with us for 6.

He's a top end talent at either TE or WR, and he's absolutely a legitimate pick at 6, in fact given the offenses tendency to use TE's as primary receiver if they go offense then right now my guess would be this guy honestly.

He is not a WR so in my opinion he is not worth more than 10. We will see how it develops...But I would love Eagles to get this kid in the draft. Too Perfect!

7 hours ago, Infam said:

See, if you read carefully there is a small but important distinction in my argument: First there is what I feel is right, and then there is what I believe NFL teams think about him. So there is no contradiction at all, really. I think he could be viewed like McCaffrey was, and he could be taken as a top10 prospect. Just that I don't think he should be.. Moving on. 😄😉

I used Howard as an example for @Ray75, to make the point that even with exactly the traits he mentioned a player could be well outside the top10, and that was all there was to it. And I do like a few more prospects too, I like Waddle. I like Surtain. And outside the #6 there are actually plenty of players I do like. Just not as big on Chase and Pitts like you guys are, but hey - I bet there are players I like you think aren't worth it too.

As for the Eagles trading up for McCaffrey.. I really liked him. Don't think Pitts is at his level, but hey, if you do I understand why you would take him at #6.

Have you even watched game tape, some highlight reels, studied him, read some scouting reports, interviews? Anything? 

Sorry but I just don’t understand you. How can you NOT like Pitts? 

He moves like a WR, runs great routes, unbelievable blend of size, athletisism, body control, strenght, speed, hands etc, you can line him up everywhere, beat top CB prospects (even on the outside) on a regular basis, didn’t drop a single pass all season, experts are really high on him and it’s looking like multiple teams are in on him too.

Tell me what’s not to like here? The only somewhat negative thing you could say about him is he might not be a great blocker (teachable see Goedert) but don’t say you’re not that high on him because you love Smith so much and/or because you think Pitts is just a TE. He isn’t IMO.

1 hour ago, Ray75 said:

Tell me what’s not to like here? The only somewhat negative thing you could say about him is he might not be a great blocker (teachable see Goedert) but don’t say you’re not that high on him because you love Smith so much and/or because you think Pitts is just a TE. He isn’t IMO.

And just to add to that... Both Smith and Pitts could be great NFL players. They could both be really good NFL players or they could both be busts. A lot of people like or even love Smith, it doesn't mean he definitely will be a success but he may be. There will be a lot of really good players to come out of this draft and a lot of really bad players. Some will be successes, some will be busts.

48 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And just to add to that... Both Smith and Pitts could be great NFL players. They could both be really good NFL players or they could both be busts. A lot of people like or even love Smith, it doesn't mean he definitely will be a success but he may be. There will be a lot of really good players to come out of this draft and a lot of really bad players. Some will be successes, some will be busts.

Indeed. It’s not all about what you did in college. Fit, projection and how you’re going to use his skill set at the next level are crucial.

Eagles will have great inside information on Pitts with Johnson now here. He used him in a variety of ways and can tell you everything about his character, locker room precense and work ethic. All likely top notch!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Have you even watched game tape, some highlight reels, studied him, read some scouting reports, interviews? Anything? 

Sorry but I just don’t understand you. How can you NOT like Pitts? 

He moves like a WR, runs great routes, unbelievable blend of size, athletisism, body control, strenght, speed, hands etc, you can line him up everywhere, beat top CB prospects (even on the outside) on a regular basis, didn’t drop a single pass all season, experts are really high on him and it’s looking like multiple teams are in on him too.

Tell me what’s not to like here? 

It's not that I don't like him, it's that I am not sold on him at 6. And besides that I do like Pat Freiermuth better.

I think Pitts could be really good, though! But can we please come back to earth a bit here? He went from 649 yards to 770. Sure there is a lot to like, but come on. He is hardly a surefire superstar yet. Even though plenty of draft-enthusiasts act like he is. I am fine with you wanting him there, and if we take him the world won't end for me, as I think he will turn out a good player. Doesn't mean that he is now automatic bpa at 6 for the love of god... 

19 minutes ago, Infam said:

It's not that I don't like him, it's that I am not sold on him at 6. And besides that I do like Pat Freiermuth better.

I think Pitts could be really good, though! But can we please come back to earth a bit here? He went from 649 yards to 770. Sure there is a lot to like, but come on. He is hardly a surefire superstar yet. Even though plenty of draft-enthusiasts act like he is. I am fine with you wanting him there, and if we take him the world won't end for me, as I think he will turn out a good player. Doesn't mean that he is now automatic bpa at 6 for the love of god... 

Never said he’ll be BPA, I said he is and should be in the conversation in the top 10. 

1 hour ago, Ray75 said:

Never said he’ll be BPA, I said he is and should be in the conversation in the top 10. 

And I agreed that he is and said I was unsure if he should be. 🙂

1 hour ago, Infam said:

And I agreed that he is and said I was unsure if he should be. 🙂

Well...we picked a bad year to s... anyway because quite frankly I’m not convinced any of Chase, Smith, Waddle, Pitts, Surtain, Farley or Parsons is worth the 6th overall selection in a draft.

Just compare it to some other classes we’ve seen in the past and tell me this isn’t one of the worst drafts to have a high pick?!

I’ve seen better draft classes with true elite talent at the top. Maybe it’s because of the pandemic, maybe it’s just the class. I don’t know but none of the receivers is even slightly as good as, say,, Julio Jones or Megatron coming out. Those were true elite talents worthy of a top 6 pick.

Farley and Surtain are no Ramsey, I can tell you that. Ohhh, and no DT or pass rusher worthy of a top 10 selection, this class doesn’t have a Chase Young or Bosa brother. Just a bunch of QB’s with plenty of QB needy teams.

I wouldn’t be against a trade down. The meat, especially at safety, IOL, LB, edge, is in that late first all the way up to mid 3rd round range anyway in this years draft IMO.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Well...we picked a bad year to s... anyway because quite frankly I’m not convinced any of Chase, Smith, Waddle, Pitts, Surtain, Farley or Parsons is worth the 6th overall selection in a draft.

Just compare it to some other classes we’ve seen in the past and tell me this isn’t one of the worst drafts to have a high pick?!

I’ve seen better draft classes with true elite talent at the top. Maybe it’s because of the pandemic, maybe it’s just the class. I don’t know but none of the receivers is even slightly as good as, say,, Julio Jones or Megatron coming out. Those were true elite talents worthy of a top 6 pick.

Farley and Surtain are no Ramsey, I can tell you that. Ohhh, and no DT or pass rusher worthy of a top 10 selection, this class doesn’t have a Chase Young or Bosa brother. Just a bunch of QB’s with plenty of QB needy teams.

I wouldn’t be against a trade down. The meat, especially at safety, IOL, LB, edge, is in that late first all the way up to mid 3rd round range anyway in this years draft IMO.

I do agree to an extent here, but I don't know how I feel about trading down though from the 6th pick. It could certainly backfire if we're targeting someone specific. It is unfortunate that the draft class isn't as strong up at the top compared to previous years.

3 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I do agree to an extent here, but I don't know how I feel about trading down though from the 6th pick. It could certainly backfire if we're targeting someone specific. It is unfortunate that the draft class isn't as strong up at the top compared to previous years.

Let’s say you trade down to 12 (SF) or 14 (NE) and pick up at least an extra second. 

Prospects like Horn, Waddle, Paye, Rousseau, Parsons, Owusu-Koramoah will likely be available.

Bare with me. Let’s assume they trade down with the Pats, get an extra 2nd and a 4th in return and take Jaycee Horn there. The options you would have with an extra 2nd and 4th! Enough quality receivers, safeties, linebackers, IOL and pass rushers available in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th. That’s where the meat in this draft is IMO. You could really infuse this team with young talent with 4 selections in the top 100.

Imagine if you come away with, say, Jaycee Horn, Richie Grant, Jabril Cox and a receiver like Marshall, Wallace, St.Brown, Moore (Rondale or Elijah), Eskridge, Rodgers or even Bateman (if he slips far enough) and still have 6 picks to work with including an extra 4th. Quite a haul IMO.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Agreed. And late first, early second are plenty of really good players.

Still hope we can deal Wentz for a late first, though..

vernon davis, Kellen Winslow, eric ebron, kellen winslow jr... you dont pick a TE in the top 12, better value later in the draft, they dont change the team as much as other positions. 

30 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

vernon davis, Kellen Winslow, eric ebron, kellen winslow jr... you dont pick a TE in the top 12, better value later in the draft, they dont change the team as much as other positions. 

I do truly crack up at the conventional wisdom about the draft on here, especially while people want Chase or Smith. 

I don't want ANY of these players at pick 6, but tell me how many wide receivers below 6'2 have been drafted in the Top 7 since 2000. I mean, I know the number. I'm pretty sure I know the number going back to about '95. It's hilarious and the number of successful ones at that are just jaw-droppingly low. We're talking throw out the pick low. 

Let's stick to labels though. It works wonders in the NFL. Never evolve. 

45 minutes ago, stinkfist said:

I do truly crack up at the conventional wisdom about the draft on here, especially while people want Chase or Smith. 

I don't want ANY of these players at pick 6, but tell me how many wide receivers below 6'2 have been drafted in the Top 7 since 2000. I mean, I know the number. I'm pretty sure I know the number going back to about '95. It's hilarious and the number of successful ones at that are just jaw-droppingly low. We're talking throw out the pick low. 

Let alone under 175 lbs! I know that number too! 😂

1 hour ago, Infam said:

Agreed. And late first, early second are plenty of really good players.

Still hope we can deal Wentz for a late first, though..

Teams are already calling. Wouldn’t surprise me if they deal him soon.

49 minutes ago, stinkfist said:

All I know is that game changing QB is greater than game changing lineman, who is greater than game changing DB, who is greater than game changing WR, who is typically greater than game changing TE. There are levels of impact, and TEs are lower on the food chain, plus the majority of quality TEs are found in the late 1st- late 3rd round.

I agree, top 10 WRs are about just as hit or miss as top 10 TEs, other positions have much better precedent and overall value. However, if I had to pick between only TE or WR, I would go WR unless the TE looks far superior to the WRs in question. We have a top 10 TE already, we dont have anything you can bank on at WR. Everyone around here is craving the exciting pick when the best option should be to make the smart pick.

37 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

All I know is that game changing QB is greater than game changing lineman, who is greater than game changing DB, who is greater than game changing WR, who is typically greater than game changing TE. There are levels of impact, and TEs are lower on the food chain, plus the majority of quality TEs are found in the late 1st- late 3rd round.

I agree, top 10 WRs are about just as hit or miss as top 10 TEs, other positions have much better precedent and overall value. However, if I had to pick between only TE or WR, I would go WR unless the TE looks far superior to the WRs in question. We have a top 10 TE already, we dont have anything you can bank on at WR. Everyone around here is craving the exciting pick when the best option should be to make the smart pick.

Just your wording alone is what I'm talking about. Labels. 

Tight ends, receivers, linemen...

You want the best player. You want a playmaker. You want a difference maker. People have to stop looking at players as positions. Brian Dawkins, Ed Reed, Jamal Adams ... those are not safeties. Those are players who end up redefining the position and/or filling so many different roles for a field and/or for a franchise that you're not picking a "safety". 

You mentioned several tight ends being picked where the Eagles are picking and it's never happened. The only guy I know of that was drafted 6th or higher was Vernon Davis. That's it. A 6'3, 255 pound guy that ran 4.38 at the Combine. A guy who ran faster than an tight end had ever even thought of running. He was just a weapon. Completely worth picking there. That he ended up on Mike Nolan and Jim Harbaugh teams absolutely WASTED ... not his fault. In the modern NFL ... holy hell what he would have been. And he wasn't the receiver that Pitts was in college. 

Back to the point, and I'm not aiming at you, but just making the point based on your post...

Not only this high, but at all times people need to start looking at the bigger picture with these guys. Kyle Pitts may not even play TE in the NFL. That's my point on him. So, where do you value a 6'6, 240 pound WR? I don't value Pitts at 6 by the way. I ask questions though. Same at QB. Is Justin Fields the 2nd best QB in this draft? Because when I watch the kid from BYU ... wow. Is the Toney kid from Florida's value higher with his skillset? But then he apparently doesn't want to listen, so whatever. 

I'm just talking about a mindset. I'm not slamming you. And if I appear like I am, I apologize. 

At the end, you say exactly what I do feel. The smart pick. To me right now, the smart pick is trading down and drafting from more of a position of value. 

I may be reading more into what you are writing than needed. Hopefully this conveys as communication and not condescension. 🙂 

• Like 2