EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

13 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Mamula bust.....BG good career? Eagles legend thanks to SB52. 

If you see Brandon Graham based on only his sack numbers, then you are missing a lot of BG.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Exactly why it is a waste of time. Its basically people playing both teams in madden and doing unrealistic trades. 

The only way that mock works is someone being realistic with themselves. All these mocks with 4, 5, 6 trade downs etc is just not going to happen. 2 or 3 trade downs in the first round alone, again not going to happen. 

i guess they think its fun to play the unrealistic GM game. They are all casting for the sequel to Draft Day.

Kind of a fun movie, but drafting a rb and a 5’9” actor LB top 10 ruined it for me.  Of course, that probably was Cleveland’s best ever draft.

13 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Oh, I know.  BG plays the run very well and is underrated by most, but the easiest measurable and tell all when it comes to a DE...how many sacks does he have.  BG's style of play is why I think he will be OK a few more years here if they extend him to lower his hit.  

Or... you can watch the games and see 'impact'.

12 hours ago, Desertbirds said:

I logged onto the blog this morning only to learn that Social Darwinism is still alive. Damn!

:nonono:

Well, it must be rather fit.

12 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

How about them Flyers?

Elliott should be 1

27 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

Elliott is clearly the best goalie this year, which is disappointing to say the least. 

The season is young yet.

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Max Duffy! 

That second punt isn't legal in the NFL.  The "lineman" can't release until the ball is kicked.

19 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

The season is young yet.

I feel like hart being young with how last year went then less offseason and everything it probably messed with his whole routine. Can use that excuse for other guys but young goaltender i feel like it may have affected him. I tend to believe at some point he’ll get in a groove and going. It doesn’t help i don’t think our defense has been as good as it was last year with niskanen. Niskanen in the bubble struggled but before that he played well 

37 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

In the PFF mock-sim, you can pretty much ask the Broncos whatever you want to trade down from 6 to 9.  Their next 2 first round picks, 9 overall, 2nd round, 2022 1, ownership in the team...you name it, they’ll give it.

Dude, PFF is amazing, they are operating with advanced statistics that you just can't comprehend.

45 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

In the PFF mock-sim, you can pretty much ask the Broncos whatever you want to trade down from 6 to 9.  Their next 2 first round picks, 9 overall, 2nd round, 2022 1, ownership in the team...you name it, they’ll give it.

What you don’t think this is realistic 

D9870718-7C01-4AD2-8E85-B5AE2DD0BE69.jpeg

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What you don’t think this is realistic 

D9870718-7C01-4AD2-8E85-B5AE2DD0BE69.jpeg

Looks about as logical as most PFF stuff.

43 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

How about them Flyers?

I clearly reverse jinxed them. You’re welcome. 

3 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

That second punt isn't legal in the NFL.  The "lineman" can't release until the ball is kicked.

Well that’s a buzzkill. Howie will have to hope he lasts till one of his thirds. 

:offtopic:

Jack Leiter, son of former all-star Al Leiter, is the #1 pitching (and overall) prospect in the MLB draft.  He's not quite a generational prospect in the pure sense (that word gets thrown around a lot), but he's better than your consensus top of the draft pitcher in most years.

It's very surreal to me that he went to my HS and played my position.  I like to tell people he's the best pitcher they've had since I graduated.  Of course, he only throws about 13mph harder with immeasurably superior accuracy...and I'm pretty sure a couple guys in the interim have had more success than my college walk-on status at a school that averaged 5-10 fans per game.

Instead of going with Lurie's ridiculous 4th and 15 proposal, why can't we just fix the onside kick?

Lurie's proposal is a random gimmick to keep games interesting and volatile in the 4th quarter and degrades the competitive structure of a game.  The onside kick is part of the DNA of football.  If the onside kick has become meaninglessly futile, then tweak it to bring it back to relevance.  That's what hockey does with goalie pads, baseball does with the pitching mound when things get out of whack.  Change where teams line up, the running start, etc.  Don't make it a 50/50 proposition...it's supposed to be a long shot, but you can still bring it back to relevance.  

Again, a kickoff signifies a live ball (after a certain distance is traveled) that is open for possession.  Part of the rulebook DNA of the game.  

A contrived option for 4th down after a score?  Gimmick.

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Instead of going with Lurie's ridiculous 4th and 15 proposal, why can't we just fix the onside kick?

Lurie's proposal is a random gimmick to keep games interesting and volatile in the 4th quarter and degrades the competitive structure of a game.  The onside kick is part of the DNA of football.  If the onside kick has become meaninglessly futile, then tweak it to bring it back to relevance.  That's what hockey does with goalie pads, baseball does with the pitching mound when things get out of whack.  Change where teams line up, the running start, etc.  Don't make it a 50/50 proposition...it's supposed to be a long shot, but you can still bring it back to relevance.  

Again, a kickoff signifies a live ball (after a certain distance is traveled) that is open for possession.  Part of the rulebook DNA of the game.  

A contrived option for 4th down after a score?  Gimmick.

Agreed. With the proposed kickoff rule and the ridiculous Ravens OT rule proposal, teams are just trying to invent minigames within a game. They say the onside kick is for player safety but I can’t ever recall anyone getting hurt on an onsides kick. 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Agreed. With the proposed kickoff rule and the ridiculous Ravens OT rule proposal, teams are just trying to invent minigames within a game. 

I think they just need to allow the running start for onside kicks and continue to ban it on standard kickoffs for safety reasons.

The spot and choose thing is something right out of the XFL.

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Max Duffy! 

The nonchalance mid-play on that fake is Koy Detmer/Nick Foles status.

10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Agreed. With the proposed kickoff rule and the ridiculous Ravens OT rule proposal, teams are just trying to invent minigames within a game. They say the onside kick is for player safety but I can’t ever recall anyone getting hurt on an onsides kick. 

Green Bay packer fans disagree 

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

:offtopic:

Jack Leiter, son of former all-star Al Leiter, is the #1 pitching (and overall) prospect in the MLB draft.  He's not quite a generational prospect in the pure sense (that word gets thrown around a lot), but he's better than your consensus top of the draft pitcher in most years.

It's very surreal to me that he went to my HS and played my position.  I like to tell people he's the best pitcher they've had since I graduated.  Of course, he only throws about 13mph harder with immeasurably superior accuracy...and I'm pretty sure a couple guys in the interim have had more success than my college walk-on status at a school that averaged 5-10 fans per game.

Baseball is hard!

45 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Baseball is hard!

Phillies proving that for about a decade now 

42 minutes ago, Sturm said:

this didn't age well

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I clearly reverse jinxed them. You’re welcome. 

13 hours ago, NCiggles said:

Of course, 3 2nd round picks and we make some sort of reach for a bum at LB in the 3rd round.  You suck Howie er...greend!

Hey, it's a B+ pick. wayyyy better than most of my grades in high school.

9 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

If you see Brandon Graham based on only his sack numbers, then you are missing a lot of BG.

I'm not, I tried to explain that.  I'm just going based off of sacks because let's be honest.  You trade up for a pass rusher, not a defensive end who plays the run well.  I'm not taking anything away from BG, he's as solid as they come, great against the run etc.

Was just trying to show that Mamula isn't the collosal bust.

Archived