EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

11 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Otto Porter was bought out.

Would be a nice pickup by the sixers. allows you to put green on the bench. Improved your starting lineup and bench. Sadly i think he goes to the nets, lakers or clippers. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

If Jones ends up with Saints  or Niners he could end up best QB in the draft .

Not after NO strips that roster.

11 minutes ago, TEW said:

There is no way he’s winning 8 games in a full rebuild year unless he’s playing so well we ought to keep him.

Especially because the defense is going to suck unless Gannon is a miracle worker.

So if they go 8-8, odds are Hurts is leading them to 30 points a game.

13 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Apparently he knows his parents.  I think that is an assumption based on what could easily be an unrelated fact.  

Or an innocent comment from Lurie could easily be misinterpreted as a Henry II directive

"Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest" and shortly after the Archbishop of Canterbury is dead.

Guest justrelax
3 minutes ago, Nivraga said:

Or an innocent comment from Lurie could easily be misinterpreted as a Henry II directive

"Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest" and shortly after the Archbishop of Canterbury is dead.

Kudos for the reference.

Lurie building around Hurts isnt necessairly Lurie being a meddlesome owner.  This reminds me of when Chip made his power play to put Howie in the closet. Lurie allowed it, but if/when Chip failed, it lead to him being fired.

This looks like it may be the final countdown for Howie. Lurie saying, I fired our HC, and traded our franchise QB for you. Hurts is your guy, now go sink or swim. 

19 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

If Jones ends up with Saints  or Niners he could end up best QB in the draft .

In terms of teams in the market for a QB, they will have the most talented rosters.  They also probably have the 2 best coaches for QB of the teams that could end up taking him.  I also think NE may very well be a good fit for him.  

45 minutes ago, greend said:

Why should he? Game winning t.d. catch in the super bowl wasn't enough for you? 

Then why should we release him instead of trading him?

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Lurie building around Hurts isnt necessairly Lurie being a meddlesome owner.  This reminds me of when Chip made his power play to put Howie in the closet. Lurie allowed it, but if/when Chip failed, it lead to him being fired.

This looks like it may be the final countdown for Howie. Lurie saying, I fired our HC, and traded our franchise QB for you. Hurts is your guy, not go sink or swim. 

That's an interesting take on the situation.  It would make me wonder how committed he would be to Sirianni.  

Just now, RLC said:

They have released other players in the same circumstances.  

Ertz isn’t JJ Watt and, more importantly, didn’t do the organization any favors last season by half-assing it.  If he can be traded for any return he will get traded.

4 hours ago, ManuManu said:

I'm late but that could just be because they regret not surrounding Wentz with talent and so they don't want to make the same mistake with Hurts

4 hours ago, ManuManu said:

There's been an insane amount of commercials during games now. They'll even do a split screen commercial with the game. They've also gone overboard and been late to coming back to the actual game and so we miss a play

If the Eagles can get good value for Ertz, they'll trade him.
If not, they'll claim they released him because they "care about him and want what's best for him".

19 minutes ago, RLC said:

Either way why do you care? I thought you were all about players making as much money as they can. If he gets cut he does, if he get's traded he does. He's just asking to be released aint nothing wrong with that.

46 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Somebody should start a pool on the exact date you will turn on him

If he is as dreadful as Wentz was last season then probably by midseason.  But based on what he showed as a rookie I really have no reason to believe that will be the case.  

10 minutes ago, RLC said:

If the Eagles can get good value for Ertz, they'll trade him.
If not, they'll claim they released him because they "care about him and want what's best for him".

or they release him cause no team would give them squat for a slow ass TE that is on the decline that wants top 5 TE money

So if the report is true and Lurie wants to build around Hurts I guess we can take drafting a QB at 6 off the board. 

Im guessing it’s Kyle Pitts. To much upside to pass on. 

1 hour ago, RLC said:

Sure. Can Ertz repay his signing bonus too then?

He re-payed vs New England 3 years ago

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

I do hate the owner for that.  My biggest issues with this team start with Jeff Lurie and Howie Roseman.  If you go back through my posts regarding Hurts you'll see that almost every time I say I'm cheering for him and I hope he turns out to be the guy.  It isn't hate to question if he can be however.  

Wentz was abysmal as I said myself.  The offense was better without him but that doesn't mean that Hurts was better statistically.  DP changed his play calling to help Hurts.  Hurts also added the spark and the threat of running (other things I alluded to).  

I've been fair in my criticisms with both quarterbacks.  I was a Wentz fan but I was also a Hurts fan while he was in college.  I think Wentz is the better pro quarterback regardless of how poorly he played last year.  I think he bounces back in Indy in a big way.  

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Hurts was better statistically.  He was averaging more passing yards, more passing TDs, less interceptions, more rushing yards and more rushing yards per game. 

So I really don't know where Wentz was better statistically unless you are using completion percentage as the end all be all determining factor because Wentz didn't know how to throw the ball away when nothing was there. 

I'm on lunch now so I have some time so I went ahead and broke down the numbers for you so it's not just me blowing smoke up your ass by saying something without providing the number backup.

Wentz in 11 & 3/4 games as QB: 223 passing yards per game, 1.4 TD passes per game, 1.3 interceptions per game, 24.5 rushing yards per game, 0.4 rushing TDs per game.

Hurts in 4 games as QB: 257 passing yards per game, 1.5 TD passes per game, 1 interceptions per game, 75.3 rushing yards per game, 0.8 rushing TDs per game.

So in every statistical area outside of completion percentage you had a 2nd round rookie QB who had no luxury of experience in preseason out performing a 5 year veteran.   

I really don't know how you can say that Wentz was better last year than Hurts.  

5 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

So if the report is true and Lurie wants to build around Hurts I guess we can take drafting a QB at 6 off the board. 

Hurts might suck. But Id be fine if we went with a ton of offense early in this awesome WR draft and set him up for success as much as possible. If he bombs out, then the next QB will come in to a nice situation. 

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Heres your answer. 

Random Team - Hey what do you want for Ertz

Eagles a 3rd

Random Team, hmm we were thinking some gatorade water bottles. good luck

my hope is they could get a 4th atleast

45 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

That's an interesting take on the situation.  It would make me wonder how committed he would be to Sirianni.  

I have a feeling he last's maybe two years.

4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Zero chance. Basically gotta sign  him when she shows up and he wants wayyy to much money

My guess Eagles are asking for a 3rd or 4th. and I bet hed have to go for a 6th

Reports are Top QB’s are asking their teams to go after Ertz (according to Michael Silver).

An all time great Eagle gets sh!t on entirely to much here.

15 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

If they are trying to trade Brooks i don’t think Sewell is out of the question. He was one of the best guards coming out of high school. If Brooks is traded Sewell could start at RG and if dillard/mailata fail or when lane is done he moves over to tackle. 

I'm in the camp of get whoever Nick likes the most. If it's Hurts then great and build around him

If he loves someone in the draft then get him

Archived