Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason - politics belong in CVON

Dallas has an offense though. Put Wilson in there and it's going to be rough for us. They'll once again not have a defense though

3 minutes ago, greend said:

I don't get why anyone would want to play for Dallas. Jerry Jones is a dewsh bag

If your a QB its easy. Look at all the weapons they have on offense. On top of that, when healthy they have a very good offensive line to protect him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Why can't we move Sewell to LG, Mailata stays at LT, Isaac is basically the super sub 6th o-lineman... 

I suggested this awhile back.  I'm sure he's athletic and talented enough to make the move.  However, Slater is someone who can project to LG easily.  I'd rather trade down, pick up extra draft picks, and grab Slater to start at LG.  

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It will be 5 plus million just for #6, so it will be north of 7 million, closer to 8.  Will run the numbers at lunch.

Should just be $3.3M for #6. 

https://overthecap.com/draft/

The rookie pool is going to fall from last year because the salary cap is falling.

9 minutes ago, RLC said:

Cowboys trading Dak for Wilson would be a mistake. Wilson is 5 years older and Dallas would have to give up extra compensation. 

Is that you Mrs. Prescott? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Not seeing the problem with Dallas having to use draft resources to trade for an older QB with a huge cap number.

I see a major problem.  The amount of weapons that offense has is ridiculous.  You saw what Dak did with them.  Wilson would make that a top 3 offense in the league.  Then they could just concentrate their entire draft and free agency on defense.  I would be worried.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

If your a QB its easy. Look at all the weapons they have on offense. On top of that, when healthy they have a very good offensive line to protect him. 

I'm hoping this part of their offense begins to deteriorate rapidly.  I could see Zack Martin and Tyron Smith completely falling off the map soon.  Smith looks like he was mechanically put back together like RoboCop at this point.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Should just be $3.3M for #6. 

https://overthecap.com/draft/

The rookie pool is going to fall from last year because the salary cap is falling.

That add up to 8 million for the Eagles looking at that chart.

Why would Dallas trade Prescott and say one or 2 1st round picks for Wilson?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

So he's just going to ruin future years to get out of the mess he created. Great

How is he still employed?

The Dumpster fire was last year. Now all you've got is a bunch of overpaid often injured guys. 

1 minute ago, RLC said:

So Jerry can make the headlines again.  Does anything they do make sense?  It's all for the "look at me" effect.

4 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I see a major problem.  The amount of weapons that offense has is ridiculous.  You saw what Dak did with them.  Wilson would make that a top 3 offense in the league.  Then they could just concentrate their entire draft and free agency on defense.  I would be worried.

They averaged 32 PPG before Dak got hurt, and would have been 0-4 if not for a monumental Falcons collapse.

It's not like Russ is going to do more than what Dak was doing to start the season.

image.thumb.png.18824c10e12ddc4eda2392f0ac323f5d.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RLC said:

Because Wilson is 5x the QB Dak is, he's not coming off a catastrophic leg injury, he's won a SB and should have won another, he's a clean bill of health (never injured), he's never had half the OL that Dallas currently has, he's never had half the RB that Dallas currently has, his weapons would be even better than what he had in Seattle, and he's the type of player teams invest in to get them over the hump.    

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

That add up to 8 million for the Eagles looking at that chart.

But you aren't factoring in the guy they are pushing off the top 51. For example, right now Quez Watkins is #51 and his cap number is $822k. So when you sign your second round pick whose cap number is $1.2M, you are pushing Watkins to #52 and his $822k comes off the cap. So its a net $400k to sign your second round rookie. Picks from the fourth round on probably won't even crack the top 51.

Going across the chart is the cash its going to take to sign the entire class, but that's not the same as the cap. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

They averaged 32 PPG before Dak got hurt, and would have been 0-4 if not for a monumental Falcons collapse.

It's not like Russ is going to do more than what Dak was doing to start the season.

image.thumb.png.18824c10e12ddc4eda2392f0ac323f5d.png

At worst, Wilson would match Dak's production.  Most likely, he would exceed it.  The difference is, Wilson knows how to win in the playoffs.  I would be worried about them making a run with that offense.  I know their defense stinks but if their defense can get to just average next year, that would be enough for them to be a top 2-3 team in the NFC.

6 minutes ago, RLC said:

$$$

Wilson after the Hawks take his bonus hit would be quite cheap for what you get. Lets also not forget Dak wants somewhere in the 40 mill a year range which is already higher then Wilson. 

So to get a QB with more experience that is even better at a much cheaper price would be well worth the picks. Wilson on the Cowboys puts them as one of the projected top offenses in the league next year. 

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

The problem is they knew this year was coming before signing Malik Jackson or Alshon.  

:whistle:  The problem is.... 

Howie_making_it_fly_2.width-704.gif

this guy thinks it's still 2017 and nothing he does can fail.

26 minutes ago, RLC said:

Because Wilson is a top 5 QB in the league and Dak just had his leg snap in half and who knows how he comes back from that mentally. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

What draft? What money? Wilson will cost both.

54 minutes ago, austinfan said:

There's a limited supply each year of players who fit, who are the right age, and who have reasonable salary demands.

That's why you don't build through free agency, rather, you're opportunistic, signing only those who are good bets.

Well, that's why do it that way... your boy on the other hand... not so much recently.   He took a lot of bad bets, for a lot of bad money and wasn't opportunistic.   

42 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I said it before, trading Wentz severely affects their cap situation and not just the dead money. He was THE guy they were banking on restricting this offseason and that’s off the table. 

Trading Wentz now makes the cap situation for 2022 and beyond easier.  But, creates a giant void at the most important position on the team.  

6 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Because Wilson is 5x the QB Dak is, he's not coming off a catastrophic leg injury, he's won a SB and should have won another, he's a clean bill of health (never injured), he's never had half the OL that Dallas currently has, he's never had half the RB that Dallas currently has, his weapons would be even better than what he had in Seattle, and he's the type of player teams invest in to get them over the hump.    

No he isn't. Wilson is a product of a scheme tailored to his skill set, but he'd have trouble seeing over that Dallas OL. While Dak scrambles, he's primarily a pocket QB, Seattle has installed the Randall Cunningham "give me six plays a game" offense to some extent. I'm not sure Wilson would play any better in Dallas than in Seattle, and he might not be any better than prime time Dak - now will Dak be the same player when he returns?

22 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Dallas has an offense though. Put Wilson in there and it's going to be rough for us. They'll once again not have a defense though

We will get owned by them with Wilson.  I hate to say that, but their offense is stacked and our offense isn't up to the task of keeping up.

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Well, that's why do it that way... your boy on the other hand... not so much recently.   He took a lot of bad bets, for a lot of bad money and wasn't opportunistic.   

Actually, other than DeSean, most were good bets that he lost, Jerrigan, Darby, Malik, Wallace. Durable guys come here and get injured. It happens.

4 minutes ago, austinfan said:

What draft? What money? Wilson will cost both.

You mean like Slay did?   Foolish move for a guy about to hit the downside of his career.

Ironically, you see the problem with these moves when they are referring to another franchise, but can't see how its illogical for the Eagles to do some of this stuff.