EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

3 hours ago, justrelax said:

Yep. It's frightening how much I agree with H.E. these days. Must be the new Blog because I'm sure not getting smarter in my dotage.

Could it be that I'm getting old?

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

No it wasn’t. When a player and team plays poorly (as he and the team did) they’re subjected to "he gives no effort/doesn’t care”. This couldn’t be further from the truth , it’s total nonsense. High ankle sprain, came back early on a sh!tty team to play last 5 games with a Rookie QB. Then had ankle surgery. 
Talked about his love for the city, broke down in post season press conference and moved his parents here. 

The no effort/doesn’t care BS needs to stop. Have never been able to understand why players like Ertz get sh!t on in here. 
Played bad, sure. 

It will stop; Ertz isn’t going to play another game in an Eagles uniform.

34 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Hell, East Texas ain't really Texas, it's the last bastion of the cotton south. Houston is it's own little world (where the South, the Sea and Oil met). And South Texas is North Mexico.

Spiritually, Texas starts on the West side of I-35, Fort Worth v Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Laredo, Amarillo, Lubbock, et al. And ends in Midland-Odessa, 'cause El Paso is really part of New Mexico. Marfa is where the weirdness is centered.

And so does the music. Though God only knows how Robert Earl Keen and Lyle Lovett escaped Texas A&M with any soul.

Folks in Victoria, Richmond Rosenberg when I was young, Fulshear when I was young and pretty much anything west of Highway 6 when I was in college would tend to disagree with you. East Texas stops at the end of the Pine Forest that strings across the south.  It’s those years you spent in Arlington that warp your thinking. Being that close to Dallas does bad things to a man. 

Now a few years back, I was listening to Aaron Watson’s song on the radio and he sang about FM109.  My first thought was that’s a Texas boy.  I googled him and found out he is from the Panhandle.  My next thought was what the hell does a west Texan know about FM109 because it runs from just south of Brennan to New Ulm.  Only someone coming out of that area headed towards the Colorado near Columbus drives FM109.  I have. Colorado is a nice lazy river to canoe and jump out at Columbus. Used to be a quaint little restaurant not far from the hanging tree, right there at the Colorado River bridge called the Hodge Podge. Served great slices of homemade pie with homemade ice cream.  

Interstates are great for getting to and from but to really see this country, you need to drive the backroads.  Taught my kids to carry a compass in the car and occasionally just head a direction towards where you are going with a general sense of using that direction to get there.

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

Curious what the terms are

Betting Dak caved and took the four years. 

5 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Imo It’s becoming more and more obvious they didn’t draft hurts in the second round because they believed he was just going to be a good backup QB. Regardless of what caplan has said. Which really is what I and some others felt for a while. It was a safety net/insurance plan if things with wentz didn’t workout 

Imo it’s looking more and more like they believed hurts with time could become a franchise QB with time and grooming him. I believe they thought they’d have at least two years before making the decision with wentz though. The only way i thought the eagles would take a QB is if they fell in love with one, thought he was a franchise type QB with a higher ceiling then what they thought about hurts and would move up to go acquire him. Still could but maybe the eagles don’t believe they can move up to get the one they want or don’t think any of them have as good of a chance as hurts does at succeeding (not that i think that just they might believe that) 

To me the no competition is more cause they don’t want to invest a high draft pick in a QB when they did last year and believe in hurts. Additionally they really don’t have the cap space to sign or trade for a QB that’s good enough to make it a legit competition. 

also again this feels like it puts a damper on the whole it was Doug’s pick. They didn’t allow doug to pick his 53, game day actives, his coaches he wanted to keep but they somehow gave him a ton of power and sway on this pick? Yeah don’t buy it. Screams of lurie loved the kid and believed his potential could be that of someone like Wilson who they missed out on years ago. And howie made it happen. 

The Hurts plan sounds pretty smart and should’ve worked afterall they had Wentz signed to a huge 5 year contract. Maybe if the guy was a 5th rounder he would’ve appeared less threatening or maybe it was just the fact Wentz got basically demoted by DP that threw a wrench in the works. After investing so much in CW you have to know that Lowies plan was not to see Wentz fail. Anyways it’s over and it is what it is. We’ll see if a cheap, viable backup can blossom into a cheap, successful starter

Just now, Original Sin said:

That is crazy , Brady makes 25

Thats why Brady has so many SBs, because hes not greedy and knows the money comes in other avenues when you win SBs. Glad they caved and gave him a huge deal. Let the Cowboys fall apart. 

19 minutes ago, The guy in France said:

The Hurts plan sounds pretty smart and should’ve worked afterall they had Wentz signed to a huge 5 year contract. Maybe if the guy was a 5th rounder he would’ve appeared less threatening or maybe it was just the fact Wentz got basically demoted by DP that threw a wrench in the works. After investing so much in CW you have to know that Lowies plan was not to see Wentz fail. Anyways it’s over and it is what it is. We’ll see if a cheap, viable backup can blossom into a cheap, successful starter

I don’t think his plan was to see him fail. However that doesn’t mean you don’t buy insurance to protect yourself in case your investment doesn’t workout. That’s different then lowie wanting to see wentz fail. My point has and always been they used hurts as an insurance plan in case wentz didn’t work out. And if wentz did then they could sell hurts after a couple years and get picks back. That’s not the eagles going out and making sure wentz fails so they could go with hurts. However when they drafted him i don’t believe for a second they didn’t view him as a potential starter in this league. 

14 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

No trade AND no tag? 

So basically he made over 150 million guaranteed playing it out the way he did and 40 mil per. 

29 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

No it wasn’t. When a player and team plays poorly (as he and the team did) they’re subjected to "he gives no effort/doesn’t care”. This couldn’t be further from the truth , it’s total nonsense. High ankle sprain, came back early on a sh!tty team to play last 5 games with a Rookie QB. Then had ankle surgery. 
Talked about his love for the city, broke down in post season press conference and moved his parents here. 

The no effort/doesn’t care BS needs to stop. Have never been able to understand why players like Ertz get sh!t on in here. 
Played bad, sure. 

Lol yes it was. It was trash

We might get that other comp pick after all.

No idea why they didn’t officially announce them by now. 

4 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

That is crazy , Brady makes 25

Brady's wife makes $30+ million a year. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don’t think his plan was to see him fail. However that doesn’t mean you don’t buy insurance to protect yourself in case your investment doesn’t workout. That’s different then lowie wanting to see wentz fail. Where did i say they wanted to see him fail? My point has and always been they used hurts as an insurance plan in case wentz didn’t work out. That’s not the shoes going out and making sure wentz fails so they could go with hurts 

So basically he made over 150 million guaranteed playing it out the way he did and 40 mil per. 

He sure didn’t get Jerry’s "let’s do a discount to help the home team” memo 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

No trade AND no tag? 

That's pretty insane lol

If I was the Cowboys I’d add a team option for 2022 saying the team can release him if he plays 12 games and the Cowboys doesn’t make the playoffs. 

Dak is better than Eagle fans give him credit for but no he’s worth that kind of coin. Couldn’t even score a TD vs the Eagles in a must win game. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

He sure didn’t get Jerry’s "let’s do a discount to help the home team” memo 

Dak likely could’ve played it out again with the tag making 37 million guaranteed. and gotten closer to like 180 mil guaranteed total (two tags and $126 mil guaranteed) if he got 126 mil like he just did lol. 

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

That's pretty insane lol

They literally just gave him everything lol 

4 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Brady's wife makes $30+ million a year. 

She is worth almost 500 million 

Apparently Dak will make $75M cash upfront this season, which will bring his cap number down some 

Archived