Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason - politics belong in CVON

2 minutes ago, austinfan said:

No he isn't. Wilson is a product of a scheme tailored to his skill set, but he'd have trouble seeing over that Dallas OL. While Dak scrambles, he's primarily a pocket QB, Seattle has installed the Randall Cunningham "give me six plays a game" offense to some extent. I'm not sure Wilson would play any better in Dallas than in Seattle, and he might not be any better than prime time Dak - now will Dak be the same player when he returns?

This is gonna be good.  I can't wait to see the responses on this one.  LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, austinfan said:

Actually, other than DeSean, most were good bets that he lost, Jerrigan, Darby, Malik, Wallace. Durable guys come here and get injured. It happens.

It's not supposed to happen

1 minute ago, austinfan said:

No he isn't. Wilson is a product of a scheme tailored to his skill set, but he'd have trouble seeing over that Dallas OL. While Dak scrambles, he's primarily a pocket QB, Seattle has installed the Randall Cunningham "give me six plays a game" offense to some extent. I'm not sure Wilson would play any better in Dallas than in Seattle, and he might not be any better than prime time Dak - now will Dak be the same player when he returns?

Yes he is.  And Seattle had arguably the worst "scheme" in the NFL last season outside of the Eagles if you didn't notice.  They were a backyard football team after the first 4-5 games of the season, and they looked almost as discombobulated as the Eagles did.  

I'm wasting keystrokes and finger energy. 

You're stuck on this belief that the worst NFL franchise is ten times better than the _________ . 

Maybe in 1988. In 2021, simply not True. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, austinfan said:

Actually, other than DeSean, most were good bets that he lost, Jerrigan, Darby, Malik, Wallace. Durable guys come here and get injured. It happens.

Jernigan and Darby were before the 2018 downfall of our hero.   But, I've laid out the stupid for you before... here's a quick refresher... and its about that magic '30' number...

Jeffery restructure, Desean trade/extend, Slay trade/extend, Hargrave more money into highly over priced position on the DL currently, Malik sign to that number, empty years on contracts constantly, extending Brooks and Johnson both TWO YEARS before their contracts were up, as they approached that magical 30 plateau...   There are others, but you get the point.   It's not just one move. 

Ironically, you forgot that the one mistake that you had conceded was the Alshon restructure, not the Desean Jackson move.  That move you had defended previously, despite conceding that even when making that move you knew that he was going to be missing games.   It seems as though its tough to keep straight which moves you are willing to defend and which you aren't.   I'll make it easy for you... since Feb. 5th, 2018, there's only about 5 moves total that are worthy of defending... and pretty much, even those 'good' moves have failed.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RLC said:

Why would Dallas trade Prescott and say one or 2 1st round picks for Wilson?

Instant playoffs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DumbleBear said:

I'm wasting keystrokes and finger energy. 

You're stuck on this belief that the worst NFL franchise is ten times better than the _________ . 

Maybe in 1988. In 2021, simply not True. 

What Did He Say GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

26 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I'm hoping this part of their offense begins to deteriorate rapidly.  I could see Zack Martin and Tyron Smith completely falling off the map soon.  Smith looks like he was mechanically put back together like RoboCop at this point.  

If this is true, Dallas slides back radically. Martin has been their best player since he first stepped on the field and was the best G until Quentin Nelson was drafted. Martin could handle Cox and Donald one-on-one. Smith was their second best and one of the top three OTs until his back started acting up.

• Like 2

All is quiet on the Zach Ertz front.  You know why?  Because Howie has F-ed that up to.  Teams know that we will most likely have to cut him or trade him for a 6th or a 7th.  Should have traded him a year ago.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

This is gonna be good.  I can't wait to see the responses on this one.  LOL!

Mahomes is unproven and watson is as good as wentz.... 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Mahomes is unproven and watson is as good as wentz.... 

No, Wentz stinks now and it was Dougs fault. When Howie had that Wentz fathead up though, watch out!

• Like 1

AFans response to every Howie criticism 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I hope Jerry thinks of Wilson as afan does

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

All is quiet on the Zach Ertz front.  You know why?  Because Howie has F-ed that up to.  Teams know that we will most likely have to cut him or trade him for a 6th or a 7th.  Should have traded him a year ago.  

They couldn't because he got hurt.

I'll blame Howie for many things, but not this. Not extending Ertz is one of his few smart decisions.

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I herdzzzz that zakzzzz ertzzz iszzz  meanzzz 2 kittenzzzzz.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RLC said:

I'll blame Howie for many things, but not this. Not extending Ertz is one of his few smart decisions.

In fairness it's more Ertz' fault that he didn't get extended.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I wonder if he needs to figure out whether he just needs to cut him based on all the other deals he has to restructure. 

Just now, RLC said:

They should have traded him after 2018 or before 2019.  And of course it's smart they didn't pay him.  They could have traded him.  BS.  

• Like 1

Just now, NCiggles said:

I wonder if he needs to figure out whether he just needs to cut him based on all the other deals he has to restructure. 

Probably this. I think it's going to be the main thing that would prevent a trade.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

No, Wentz stinks now and it was Dougs fault. When Howie had that Wentz fathead up though, watch out!

Yeah that spin didn’t take long. First it was is wentz really that much off from watson which he discussed for a couple days. Then wentz is traded and it became wentz’s 2017 was a total fluke and isn’t that good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NCiggles said:

I think most of it, it's because he's thought of as a complete joke in NFL circles.  

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I think most of it, it's because he's thought of as a complete joke in NFL circles.  

I actually thought Peter king summed up he whole eagles situation well in his Monday column. 

Unpopular projections....

Zach Ertz will have the 2nd best year of his career next year.

Brandon Graham will be replacement level in a new scheme and one year older.

6 minutes ago, RLC said:

We are talking about the start of two football seasons ago or during that trade dead line.  We could have gotten a 2nd plus a 5th for him during that time.