EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

14 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Even if Howie gets them out of cap hell, which I believe was directed to a degree of an owner wanting another ring, I have to believe that Lurie does read the "reviews” and is aware of Howie’s failings in drafting.  If Dillard doesn’t provide a starting LT status, and even if Hurts succeeds, if Wentz is better for Reich than Hurts plays here, and if Reagor flops on the heels of JJAW and Taylor never develops, then Howie may be gone through his own failures.  As I see it he was a 3 level employee, meets expectations, who lucked into a 4 (partially exceeds acceptable performance)in 2017 that in hindsight to that draft was really still at best a 3 with the draft as a 2 and in 2018 delivered a 3 draft followed by a 2 and last year, quite possibly another 2. Now we don’t know what input the coaches had and what counseling Howie got but he is facing a situation where he has to hope last year rises to at least a 3 and this year picking better, he probably needs a 4 or 5 to avoid this being his last draft.

Maybe, but Howie has survived through all coaching changes.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, schuy7 said:

The Eagles are infatuated with Hurts because of some analytics/statistical study they've done where Hurts ranks behind only Patrick Mahomes in terms of on field awareness. His perception of where he's at on the field and how it relates to the other players is off the charts, according to their study. I can't remember where I heard or read this though.

The problem is this is 99% based off a great college football player dominating sorry Big-12 defenses. I'm not sure if they really get that.

If he knows where he's at and where the other players are why does he do a quick peek and run all the time?

12 hours ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Brady's wife makes $30+ million a year. 

I wonder how they survive

12 hours ago, Original Sin said:

Those type of deals cripple teams in what they can do .

Jerry Jones cripples the Cowboys in what they can do

1 minute ago, greend said:

They are probably struggling as bad as Meghan and Harry.  We should feel bad for all of them.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I could shoot lightening bolts out of my arse this morning, but we all know that’s not gonna happen.  Lurie and Howie are to dumb to use a smokescreen.   You give them too much credit.  Further more, it is definitely Lurie’s style to go all in on supporting Hurts.  Especially after the Wentz debacle and the "qb factory” BS. It’s just dumb to announce it now.  

Did you have taco bell for dinner? If so chances are good

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I could shoot lightening bolts out of my arse this morning, but we all know that’s not gonna happen.  Lurie and Howie are to dumb to use a smokescreen.   You give them too much credit.  Further more, it is definitely Lurie’s style to go all in on supporting Hurts.  Especially after the Wentz debacle and the "qb factory” BS. It’s just dumb to announce it now.  

Lurie once flew out to watch Geno Smith’s pro day as a smokescreen. 

1 hour ago, greend said:

The point is the Lurie stuff could be a smoke screen so that nobody trades up ahead of us since we don't "want" a quarterback

It’s Chris Mortensen reporting it. That’s not a smokescreen.

12 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Most importantly, Jerry is too old to entertain the thought of starting over.

Dak is a good QB, no question, but does he move the needle as far as W-L?  Not sure about that.  His rookie season he took over a stacked offense when Romo got injured, the past two seasons he has balled out and the team was 8-8 in 2019, and started 1-3 last season before he got injured.  He was pedestrian for much of his other full season before the team acquired Amari Cooper to pair with him.

That’s a huge amount of money for a guy to lead a .500 franchise with very little playoff success.

Good

11 hours ago, ManuManu said:

I remember people arguing with me, saying Dak was stupid to not take the deal last year. I said at the time he was playing it perfectly.

He was always going to get this contract unless he suffered a career-ending injury (and in that event he had the insurance to pay him a massive amount). 

Dak and his agent took Jerry to school., and it was obvious from the beginning. 

Clapping Rock - GIF on Imgur

11 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

there are stupid people out there that believe Wentz was on a horrible contract. :roll:

fyp

14 hours ago, garingovt2000 said:

Parsons on his Instagram story just posted that he ran a 4.44 laser 40 at 6 foot 3 245 lbs and Jayson Oweh ran a 4.38 at 6 foot 5 250 pounds

He will do great with the Giants.  

8 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Well, that settles it.  We’d be stupid not to take a Gold Jacket Pitts at #6

Hi Howie

11 minutes ago, Thrive said:

It’s Chris Mortensen reporting it. That’s not a smokescreen.

Plus Hurts has commented on it to the media.  Would be a really weird thing for him to do based on a report as if it were a matter of fact unless the Eagles have also communicated this directly to him. 

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/09/philadelphia-eagles-jalen-hurts-mentality-qb-mindset-2021/

8 hours ago, TEW said:

Seems like a poor bet to me. He's a great athlete, but a QB or OT by position alone has got to be the favorite. QBs don't even need to be that good to make it into the HOF. As long as you stay healthy and are a good starter, you can put up big numbers and make it in. Top end OTs have a relatively high conversion rate into being good pros, and the good ones tend to play a looooong time and make a lot of pro bowls.

TE's need to be special to even have a chance. And while he might end up at WR, betting on a guy to switch positions and still be a HOFer just isn't playing the odds.

I think teams are trying to lure a team to trade up for him honestly

NE would be obvious. Denver could be a sneaky spot for him while they figure out if Lock is the guy

59 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Thanks for sharing.  That's the kind of content that helps...not all of the endless rumors and nonsense guys tweet  based on their "sources".  More stuff like that and I'd be happy.  Some good names on that list that a few of us have discussed.

I'd love Marlon Mack and Malik Hooker.  

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Long live skeletor...

Jerry Jones: I don't plan to put Jimmy Johnson in Ring of Honor

I wonder if they got $100 million from him too? 

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I would be fine with sliding down and taking Parsons TBH.  

We're talking now.

36 minutes ago, greend said:

Clapping Rock - GIF on Imgur

Thank you, but I don’t do this for the adulation. I do it for the occasional ITYS. 

1 hour ago, greend said:

Stimulus checks 

I'm not sure what the difference between Dak and Watson really is.

Both are mobile, accurate throwers with average velocity. Both had top offensive talent, Hopkins, Cooper.

Both put up gaudy stats, both can't win without a top defense.

Watson was 4-12 as a rookie, 4-12 last season, Houston only broke 400 points his 2nd season, and the defense scored 3 TDs that year. The only year he was a "winner" was 2019, when he took them to 10-6 with a mediocre defense. He's 1-2 in the playoffs.

Dak has been 13-3, 9-7, 10-6, 8-8, he's also 1-2 in the playoffs. Dallas has scored 421, and 434 points with Dak.

3 minutes ago, austinfan said:

I'm not sure what the difference between Dak and Watson really is.

Both are mobile, accurate throwers with average velocity. Both had top offensive talent, Hopkins, Cooper.

Both put up gaudy stats, both can't win without a top defense.

Watson was 4-12 as a rookie, 4-12 last season, Houston only broke 400 points his 2nd season, and the defense scored 3 TDs that year. The only year he was a "winner" was 2019, when he took them to 10-6 with a mediocre defense. He's 1-2 in the playoffs.

Dak has been 13-3, 9-7, 10-6, 8-8, he's also 1-2 in the playoffs. Dallas has scored 421, and 434 points with Dak.

Dak’s OL has been significantly better than Watson’s. 

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Dak’s OL has been significantly better than Watson’s. 

Watson also only started 6 games as a rookie before he tore his knee so watson wasn’t 4-12 as a rookie he was 3-3 

Archived