EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

48 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Long live skeletor...

Jerry Jones: I don't plan to put Jimmy Johnson in Ring of Honor

That's right Jerry they love you for you..............................ya freakin old perv

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Stimulus checks 

I'm buying a S&W M&P15 Sport II with mine. :ph34r:

Dak got paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaid didn't he?  Fair play to him for taking the risk and not giving into the usual Cowboys, give us a sweet heart deal to build the team.  I just hope he has the class to not get a dope belly tattoo to celebrate.

Jerrah got utterly pantsed though - and I love it. Does that contract count as Elder Abuse?

Just now, EaglePhan1986 said:

Dang it just get Foles back here

Not a good idea.  Don't need the dopes in this fanbase and on the radio calling for Foles the moment our young starting QB struggles. 

This could be the best and easiest to digest explanation for any who still are struggling to understand that the owner is the architect of the decline.

https://www.insidethebirds.com/post/philadelphia-eagles-trustworthy-process-conflicted-feelings-on-jeff-lurie-s-power-assertion

The team is broken, regardless of who is drafted, what coaches are hired or what FAs are signed, because the process is broken.  It would be silly to expect any meaningful change unless and until the owner realizes what he has done/is doing.  Retaining the GM* (*in name only), despite what would be total and complete failure at all levels, was the final confirmation of what is actually going on.  And it is not pretty.

21 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Cowboys have had a far superior offensive line

Dak played with a top 5 draft pick and at the time an Elite running back for 3-4 years. Lamar Miller Stinks

Im not a huge fan of Watson but if he was in Dallas we'd be in trouble 

Dallas line has been falling apart the last few years due to injury, while Houston traded for Tunsil, who's been a pro bowl LT the last two seasons. Martin C was their 2nd rd pick in 2016, and they drafted Howard RT #23 and Sharpling LG #59 in 2019. Dallas OL was best in 2016-17, struggled in 2018 without Federick, bounce back in 2019, a disaster in 2020.

Dak struggled in 2018 with a bad OL, Watson played better in Houston after they  added Tunsil and used two high draft picks on the OL.

I don't think Watson would be any better than Dak in Dallas. Both have similar strengths and weaknesses.

Dak QBR  77.6, 69.9, 55.2, 71.9, 78.7 (5 games)

Watson 83.5 (6 games), 61.8, 70.5, 70.5

Wentz 46.7, 78.5, 62.0, 62.8, 49.6

last four seasons # QBR > 70, 4, 3, 3, 7, 12

25 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Not a good idea.  Don't need the dopes in this fanbase and on the radio calling for Foles the moment our young starting QB struggles. 

I don't even want to think about it. We should be focused on developing young players. Bringing Foles back here would just be going back to the same well we have been visiting for a decade.

2 hours ago, greend said:

Jerry Jones cripples the Cowboys in what they can do

Exactly like our owner, post 2017, cripples the Eagles in what they can do.  In fact, Jerry makes much better decisions and is a much better drafter with a shaper eye for talent. 

Jerry and his son are superior GMs to our GM/owner and his son.  They are still learning all kinds of really basic and fundamental lessons.  Most recently, they learned that when you have a quarterback you believe in, you need to be 100% all in to support that quarterback or you won't succeed.  Such an important lesson.  One time, there was this team that won a super bowl and went to the playoffs three years in a row, signed their young QB to a 4 year, at the time near record contract, and then decided to draft ANOTHER quarterback in the mid second round.  With all kinds of team needs.  Crazy, I know... never had happened before.  Won't happen again anytime soon.

12 minutes ago, John_C said:

This could be the best and easiest to digest explanation for any who still are struggling to understand that the owner is the architect of the decline.

https://www.insidethebirds.com/post/philadelphia-eagles-trustworthy-process-conflicted-feelings-on-jeff-lurie-s-power-assertion

The team is broken, regardless of who is drafted, what coaches are hired or what FAs are signed, because the process is broken.  It would be silly to expect any meaningful change unless and until the owner realizes what he has done/is doing.  Retaining the GM* (*in name only), despite what would be total and complete failure at all levels, was the final confirmation of what is actually going on.  And it is not pretty.

Good quote from that piece:

You also can't be the person laughing at the follies of Jerry Jones for the past two decades but co-signing on Lurie's decision to take the wheel.

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I'd let him grab my boobs for $100 million...

I would need pictures for proof but wouldn't want them.  

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

girl on the left looks exactly like a chic melissa I dated 

Was she a stripper too? 

Highest career QBR (min. 50 games): Peyton Manning (76.1)

Tom Brady (72.7)

Drew Brees (71.2)

DAK PRESCOTT (69.7)

Deshaun Watson (69.7)

Aaron Rodgers (69.2)

Matt Ryan (68.0)

Russell Wilson (67.6)

*Stat tracked since 2006

15 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Good quote from that piece:

You also can't be the person laughing at the follies of Jerry Jones for the past two decades but co-signing on Lurie's decision to take the wheel.

Fatal conceit strikes again...

5 minutes ago, John_C said:

That's a nothin' burger.

The idea of "competition" at QB is a myth, because of the way an offense operates, you have to build around and focus on a starting QB. Which is why teams often have a philosophy if the starter goes down, the season goes down (i.e. don't even bother with a credible backup, see Seattle for example). The starter gets the lion's share, if not all the reps, with the 1s, and the scheme is built around his strengths and weaknesses. The best backups are either veterans with experience in multiple systems (can quickly pick up a new scheme) or young athletic QBs who can make things happen for a few games with a simplified game plan.

Eagles need to commit to a QB for 2021, even if they were to draft a QB, anyone at #6 will not be NFL ready, so why not commit to Hurts for a year either way.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

And if you gave (fill in a decent QB names here) with that run game, that line and those weapons I'm sure theyd have the same numbers as dak. 

I hate Zeke but he was elite for the most part of his career. Look what an Elite QB did for Big Ben, for Ryan Tannehill, Drew Brees, Lamar.... 

Elliott was awful this past year meanwhile Dak was on a MVP pace prior to his injury. 

25 minutes ago, John_C said:

Exactly like our owner, post 2017, cripples the Eagles in what they can do.  In fact, Jerry makes much better decisions and is a much better drafter with a shaper eye for talent. 

Jerry and his son are superior GMs to our GM/owner and his son.  They are still learning all kinds of really basic and fundamental lessons.  Most recently, they learned that when you have a quarterback you believe in, you need to be 100% all in to support that quarterback or you won't succeed.  Such an important lesson.  One time, there was this team that won a super bowl and went to the playoffs three years in a row, signed their young QB to a 4 year, at the time near record contract, and then decided to draft ANOTHER quarterback in the mid second round.  With all kinds of team needs.  Crazy, I know... never had happened before.  Won't happen again anytime soon.

I'll disagree with that part for now. Let me know when the cowboys get back to the superbowl.

8 minutes ago, John_C said:

You certainly can't argue with that.  Everyone bashed them for drafting CeeDee Lamb when they needed a corner.  Adding IMO, the best WR in the draft, shows that they wanted to give Dak as many weapons as possible.  It also shows that they understand in today's NFL, offensensive firepower should almost always be a priority.  Show me a shutdown corner available at pick 16.  Get elite weapons for your offense and build a defense that can stay in the game.  They still were able to double dip with 2 talented corners in Trevon Diggs and Reggie Robinson.  Diggs struggled as a rookie bust still had 3 INTs...the entire Eagles D had 7, Slay the lone corner with 1.  

They also drafted center Tyler Biadasz in the 4th with the trade they made with the Eagles.  Biadasz would EASILY be the next center for the Eagles, instead he's going to be anchoring the Cowboys line and protecting Dak.  Surround Dak with weapons in Lamb, Cooper, Gallup and build a line to protect him.  

Remember all those people laughing and saying they were happy the Cowboys traded for Cooper because it cost them a 1st and they could never afford to keep the offense together.  Look at them now, Cooper locked up, Dak locked up, Lamb on board, Gallup is still there.  Zeke is there.  Jerry is making those contracts work.

Now look at the Eagles.  The 1st it cost to get Amari Cooper is Andre Dillard.  We have no quarterback.  We have no weapons and we are trying to get down from $60 million over the cap.  The team is in shambles and the owner is straight up saying who he wants at quarterback whereas Jerry Jones at least was honest in saying Daks agent worked us.

Where the Cowboys fail is with the coaching staff.  They just can't put everything together. 

4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

And if you gave (fill in a decent QB names here) with that run game, that line and those weapons I'm sure theyd have the same numbers as dak. 

I hate Zeke but he was elite for the most part of his career. Look what an Elite QB did for Big Ben, for Ryan Tannehill, Drew Brees, Lamar.... 

And Manning had some good run games , so did Brees , Brady , Ryan and Wilson , so what is your point ?

13 minutes ago, John_C said:

They have been better at drafting although I think there's a big question about what kind of job they have done roster building and have failed to hire a competent head coach.  I think the biggest problem and question mark for them going into 2020 was defense.  They were unable to keep Byron Jones largely because of big contracts to Zeke and Cooper.  They drafted Lamb who was likely the BPA but they could have gone with Cesar Ruiz.  Ruiz is probably in just as important a position and would have better fit the team.  They had a historically bad defense and Zeke looked terrible all season.  Even if they had not lost Dak, they  would not have been a playoff contender. 

5 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Actually only his rookie season.

YPC:  5.1, 4.1, 4.7, 4.5, 4.0.  TD 15, 7, 6, 12, 6

He's been a workhorse, but you can duplicate his production after his rookie season with any decent tandem of RBs. Which is why you don't overdraft or overpay RBs.

He's an average receiver out of the backfield, but blocked the development of a top 3rd down back b/c he hogged all the touches.

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

He was on pace for like 15-16 INT's and 6 fumbles. Sure he put up ridiclous yards cause he was always playing from behind but no, not an MVP contener. 

And I wont disagree that Zeke looked like crap. But I also dont expect anything else out of a Mccarthy ran offense. 

Exactly. This is why he has so many "comeback wins" also, guy is almost always playing from behind. Good for him for coming back sometimes but throwing for 400 yards when your team was down 20 points isn't really impressive.

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

If Hurts can't handle the threat of Nick Foles, he will never succeed as a QB in Philly.  

I think Eagles should bring in Fitzpatrick , he is a team guy and has a wealth of experience for the young QB .

17 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory. But hey who knows anymore

Probably would do better as a stripper. 

Archived