EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I doubt it! I don't think they'd get that much. 

They could but you are talking a major fall back to 25 -32 range. The Mahomes trade was 27 to 10 and for that same compensation.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

They could but you are talking a major fall back to 25 -32 range. The Mahomes trade was 27 to 10 and for that same compensation.

Yeah and I mean there's no way this team can be trading back that far! Not in my opinion anyway. 

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I doubt it! I don't think they'd get that much. 

Depends on how many teams are bidding.  It's possible that if 2-3 teams are up against each other that they'd get a bit of a haul.

I'd rather take a good player that will help this football team at #12, though.  

Just now, EricAllenPick6 said:

Depends on how many teams are bidding.  It's possible that if 2-3 teams are up against each other that they'd get a bit of a haul.

I'd rather take a good player that will help this football team at #12, though.  

Yeah OK perhaps they would get a pretty decent haul.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

Too many holes on this team. We need as many top 100 picks over the next 3 years. 

But with Howie making the picks I'd rather they were higher in the draft than late first. 

So Jalen Hurts is/not/is/not/is/not the starter. 
I swear this team is making it up as it comes to them. 

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

Curious, where do you think theyd go?:

There pretty much locked up on offense. 

I think the Giants need OL help in a big way.  

4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I see Parsons being their guy.  I hope I'm wrong but I think he makes a lot of sense for them. 

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Slater would make a ton of sense, I don't think their IOL is good at all. They could also go Paye here since they need DE's. Parsons could be a darkhorse pick for them. 

I just don't see secondary that early. It's probably their most stacked group as is and they were reportedly negotiating with Jason McCourty.

People upset by mocks having us draft OL need to get themselves a reality check. If Surtain and Horn are gone by 12, there’s probably an 80% chance Howie takes DL or OT. 

Is going from predominately 10 to 9 players in the "setup zone" for an onside kick actually going to change anything? I can't see how it would be much different at all

14 minutes ago, RLC said:

Never forget how petty and cheap the NFL is.

I actually don't like this rule.  I always liked that single digits or lower numbers was a "college" thing.  Once a guy gets to the NFL he earned his pro number.  Wear #1 as a top CB in college, time to move to #21 in the NFL.

Kind of like back in the day when the majority of colleges wore black cleats.  Once you made it to the NFL it was time for white cleats.  It was always fun to me to see football cards of guys in their college uniforms compared to the NFL.

I understand the need but still don't like it.

41 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don't see Giants going CB in round 1

They might be my biggest question mark in round 1.  I can't figure out what they're going to do.  They need edge rushers, but there aren't any worth taking there.  I personally think they would draft Slater if he's there, but that's 2 years in a row for the Gettleman and I think he could be gone.  Maybe they go WR, but they just invested a lot in Golladay.  

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

Has nothing to do with howie, or how bad he is.

Thats the cost for going from low 20s to 10-12. 

The cardinals are picking at 16, not the low 20s....

Parsons or Horn at 12 is my final hope.  I know some in here don't like Parsons but the dude is a game changer.  Trade back in round 2 a few times to move up in other rounds.  Would like to end up with a few of these guys - Trey Smith, Daviyon Dixon, St-Juste, Kelvin Joseph, Nico, Tremble, Tommy Togiai, Adebo, Smith-Marsette, Spencer Brown, James Wiggins

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’d be fine with Parsons.   But they aren’t going to draft a LB that high and they damn sure aren’t going to resign him to the $ he will need for his second contract.  If he turns out to be a player. 

So you're saying he's going to be so good for 4-5 years that we won't draft him because we will have to pay him a lot 4-5 years down the road?  

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Are we really going to pretend that Kelce, Brooks, Cox, Johnson and other vets are going to listen to a guy like Nick Siriani?   He has to make "competition” a core value?  This is the NFL.   He uses RPS as a test to see how competitive a guy is?   These are paid grown men.  This team has fallen so far, so fast.  What a f-Ing joke.   Howie jokes that we haven’t drafted Alabama guys because he went to Florida and then explained about his wife’s family is Bama fans?  Who gives a F?!?   These are the guys running a professional football franchise in a major market?   They have Weidl and Howie come out and blow the scouting department to make up for the recent stories of them discrediting the scouting department in past drafts.   And then go so far to make it seem like the scouts should commended for traveling and being paid nicely to watch football for a living? JFC.  Can this FO be any more transparent?  This is a clown show man, big time.  

Hey if Kelce, Brooks, Cox, BG, and Lane love ball as much as Nick they'll be starting their own RPS pools in the locker room.

Hope Reagor rebounds as well as Brandon Graham did from being the "We passed on X" guy. So tired of the Justin Jefferson stuff, justified or not.

Archived