EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I don’t think Doug putting in Suds was as disgraceful as everyone seems to be making of it but if it gets him fired, I’ll be a follower 

Our cap space to talent ratio is disgraceful.

Winning 4 games instead of 5 and allowing a 7-9 team to become the worst playoff team in nfl history instead of an even worse 6-10 team is irrelevant in my book.  

Who even cares about making the playoffs with 6 wins?  I know I wouldn’t have.  

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

But his system does not seem friendly for the cbs. How come Jones and Douglas played better for their teams?How come Darby is ranked at number 8 out of 126 cbs? His soft coverages and having the receivers play 10 yards off the ball on a third and 4 all contributed to the secondary not playing well.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I think Schwartz deserves credit for churning out above average defenses with unspectacular talent.  But I also think he ruined cbs.

Jones and Douglas looked like salvageable players after leaving here.  

Maddox came in cold as a rookie, looked great, and regressed every year with Schwartz.

Darby was nearly the rookie DPOY, comes here, has one good year, regresses every year after that, and then has a big year in DC.

Slay just had the worst, most vulnerable year of his career here.

Schwartz’ scheme is where cbs go to die.

So the scheme made Douglas and Mills slow?  And took away Darby's ball skills?  And made Jones fragile?  And made Maddox play outside because of injuries?

WR thoughts — this class looks more top-heavy than last year.  Chase, Waddle, Smith .... then a large drop off to Rondale Moore and Rashod Bateman .... then I believe another drop off again

CB thoughts — really like Surtain and Caleb Farley.  Jaycee Horn Jr could be very good also.  Don’t like Shaun Wade at all.  Very impressed with Asante Samuel Jr — only wish he was about 3 inches taller 

S thoughts — I like Jevon Holland the best.  Andre Cisco, Paris Ford, and Hamsah Nasirildeen are quite good 

OL — Sewell is a stud, Davis is a late first round guy.  Not seeing a first round prospect otherwise 

DL — not overly impressed with either Rousseau nor Paye.  Not a strong DL class 

Doug has a soft spot for a career backup like Sudfeld and wanted to reward him for being on the team for 4 years. That’s all. 

I don’t think I saw enough NFC East football this year.

Goodell needs to get involved and have a Monday night play-in game between WFT and Giants on 0 days rest.

Make it happen nfl.

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

WR thoughts — this class looks more top-heavy than last year.  Chase, Waddle, Smith .... then a large drop off to Rondale Moore and Rashod Bateman .... then I believe another drop off again

CB thoughts — really like Surtain and Caleb Farley.  Jaycee Horn Jr could be very good also.  Don’t like Shaun Wade at all.  Very impressed with Asante Samuel Jr — only wish he was about 3 inches taller 

S thoughts — I like Jevon Holland the best.  Andre Cisco, Paris Ford, and Hamsah Nasirildeen are quite good 

OL — Sewell is a stud, Davis is a late first round guy.  Not seeing a first round prospect otherwise 

DL — not overly impressed with either Rousseau nor Paye.  Not a strong DL class 

Whose the best QB after Lawrence and Fields? Maybe we add another one to the factory 🙂

1 minute ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Doug has a soft spot for a career backup like Sudfeld and wanted to reward him for being on the team for 4 years. That’s all. 

Seemed more like a punishment...

3 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Our cap space to talent ratio is disgraceful.

Winning 4 games instead of 5 and allowing a 7-9 team to become the worst playoff team in nfl history instead of an even worse 6-10 team is irrelevant in my book.  

Who even cares about making the playoffs with 6 wins?  I know I wouldn’t have.  

My only consolation for winning is I think the Giants would have a slightly better chance of upsetting the Bucs. Very slightly... 

Alex Smith is done. WFT literally has no QB for 2021. 

1 minute ago, manz2821 said:

Whose the best QB after Lawrence and Fields? Maybe we add another one to the factory 🙂

Taylor from BYU 

I could totally see howie take a qb at 6 and keep hurts and Wentz...

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Seemed more like a punishment...

As soon as Suds dropped that snap , Hurts should have been in 

Just now, EaglePhan1986 said:

As soon as Suds dropped that snap , Hurts should have been in 

Frankly I thought they should’ve benched Sudfeld and went with Greg ward

Football twitter is going crazy & Eagles are the greatest supervillain. People are really saying we deserve to lose our 1st round pick.  I don’t get the fuss over it all, It’s almost like this is the only Eagles game these people tuned into & think it’s the only bad game they’ve played this year. 

Geoff Schwartz put it perfectly that if this game was a 1pm game nobody would of cared

1 minute ago, manz2821 said:

If I were a GM I would draft Trey Lance before Fields.  Fields holds the ball too long in the pocket and is slow going through possessions.  I think even Haskins had better tape than Fields at OSU.  He balled out vs Clemson, though.  We’ll see against Alabama 

Zach Wilson has a cannon for an arm, but terrible mechanics.  He’s a similar prospect to Josh Allen IMO — get him in the right environment he could be really good.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Frankly I thought they should’ve benched Sudfeld and went with Greg ward

Why not right? Can you imagine Giants fans then??

I am jumping on PS2 bandwagon.

Smith and Chase are awesome.  But the NCAA is churning out really good WRs every year now.  A top-flight CB is harder to come by. 

Just now, Dwide Schrude said:

Football twitter is going crazy & Eagles are the greatest supervillain. People are really saying we deserve to lose our 1st round pick.  I don’t get the fuss over it all, It’s almost like this is the only Eagles game these people tuned into & think it’s the only bad game they’ve played this year. 

Geoff Schwartz put it perfectly that if this game was a 1pm game nobody would of cared

Schwartz is right. If this game was in the middle of the day and nobody was watching besides Eagles fans, Washington fans and some Giants and cowboys fans nobody would even known. They would’ve looked at Jalen Hurts his numbers and thought well he deserves to be benched as he was playing so poorly

14 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I think Schwartz deserves credit for churning out above average defenses with unspectacular talent.  But I also think he ruined cbs.

Jones and Douglas looked like salvageable players after leaving here.  

Maddox came in cold as a rookie, looked great, and regressed every year with Schwartz.

Darby was nearly the rookie DPOY, comes here, has one good year, regresses every year after that, and then has a big year in DC.

Slay just had the worst, most vulnerable year of his career here.

Schwartz’ scheme is where cbs go to die.

Darby played a qtr, had a pick and had everyone thinking he was great for a split second.  Dislocated his foot, then came back however many weeks later and couldn't even beat out Mills for his spot back.

As unspectacular as Hurts is, he’d still be an upgrade at backup for several teams. If I’m the Steelers, I’d give up a late 3rd for Hurts. He’s upgrade over Rudolph. 

On a sad note I just found out I’m blocked by Fletcher Cox on twitter, and I don’t understand why. Never said anything negative about the guy or tweeted at him either. Mad confused 

My (way too early) predictions for the Eagles off-season:

- Pederson stays and they bring in an offensive coordinator

- Howie stays and they bring in a "draft guru"

- Schwartz leaves (already been reported)

- They hire Dan Quinn as the new defensive coordinator 

- I still think it's too early to tell what will happen with the Wentz/Hurts situation.  If the rumors are true that he will likely request a trade, then I think he will end up in Indianapolis.

- Too early to tell what will happen with the draft but I expect several draft day trades.

My hot take for the night:

With equal opportunity that ignores draft status along with proper coaching (neither of which will happen), Watkins has the most potential as a true nfl WR of the 3 we drafted last April.  

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Schwartz is right. If this game was in the middle of the day and nobody was watching besides Eagles fans, Washington fans and some Giants and cowboys fans nobody would even known. They would’ve looked at Jalen Hurts his numbers and thought well he deserves to be benched as he was playing so poorly

yep

3 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

On a sad note I just found out I’m blocked by Fletcher Cox on twitter, and I don’t understand why. Never said anything negative about the guy or tweeted at him either. Mad confused 

Are you married?  Perhaps your wife told him it wasn’t going to happen ...  :ph34r:

Archived