EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

My hot take for the night:

With equal opportunity that ignores draft status along with proper coaching (neither of which will happen), Watkins has the most potential as a true nfl WR of the 3 we drafted last April.  

I don't think that is unreasonable.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

One can objectively say Hurts was benched for Suds for playing like ish.

He’s not overly impressive throwing the ball 

7 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

With equal opportunity that ignores draft status along with proper coaching (neither of which will happen), Watkins has the most potential as a true nfl WR of the 3 we drafted last April.  

More of a commentary on the other two guys. :meh:

The Eagles did exactly what I wanted and played the game like a PS game.  All that and WTF (thanks @Desertbirds) only won by six points.  

What did we learn? Williams is a decent depth DT.  Despite all you Boston Scott haters, he is a solid rotation RB as the skatback.  Corey gave it all in what may be his last game.  There may be some use for JJAW.  He is a tremendous blocker as a WR.  Hback should be his role.  Hightower and Watkins still have some work to do.  Singleton and Edwards offer depth at LB as does Smith potentially.  I liked what I saw from Smith. Hargrave and Slay were good pickups.  Ostman is a JAG. Malik Jackson outplayed by McGill, a JAG. Bye.  Huntley was risked by being cut for a reason. Epps sticks as a backup S.  Need to see the all 22 film on Wallace but Arnold may have outplayed him.  Ouch.  Sudfeld was a mirage.  

Eagles preserved a draft level status, screwed the NFC team that needs a QB, although I would argue that Dallas needs one.  Dallas really didn’t gain much by losing but we do have their fifth and the gints lost ground and we didn’t help them into the playoffs, double win. 

I imagine in two days, Lurie’s conversations go like this:

Howie; how do you relieve this cap hell without costing me millions in sunk costs?  You have two minutes.  Next, your draft decisions are questionable.  I would like to speak with Weidl to determine who should be making those decisions.  Why shouldn’t I slide you aside and hire a solid GM. What does your draft board look like at this point?

Doug;  your offense by committee approach failed.  Who will be your playcalling OC. Sitting and preserving Carson was smart but how do you fix him and Hurts?  Press and Marty have to go. Make a case for every other O coach except Sout.  Your DC is leaving. Who is his replacement?  I want to interview him separately. 

Both; these Blog characters have me intrigued. I am already considering adding Tommy Lawlor to be the voice for the scouting group.  On First Pick, BigEFly filled all the holes with a couple of trades. How can you do better? Otherwise he leads the drafting  I am leaning on appointing E45 as the negative view on the team and AFan as the eternal optimist.  Between the two I should get a balanced view of everyone and if they both agree, that means either great things ahead for that individual or goodbye. HE will be Barnett’s offseason guide and greend will be my Yup man.  Anything JR and Stout want, they get. And when BigEFly and Igglesphan agree, draft that f’in player. 

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

Kelce hanging on the field after the game talking to staffers.

Saying goodbye or just routine?

I still believe Kelce loves playing in front of a sellout crowd and wouldn’t want his last season to be played in empty stadiums .... but I’ve been wrong many times before 

9 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

No shot.

31 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I think Schwartz deserves credit for churning out above average defenses with unspectacular talent.  But I also think he ruined cbs.

Jones and Douglas looked like salvageable players after leaving here.  

Maddox came in cold as a rookie, looked great, and regressed every year with Schwartz.

Darby was nearly the rookie DPOY, comes here, has one good year, regresses every year after that, and then has a big year in DC.

Slay just had the worst, most vulnerable year of his career here.

Schwartz’ scheme is where cbs go to die.

Darby was bad the year before he came to Philly. Slay was quite good with the exception of two games where he was hobbled and shadowing studs. 

8 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I still believe Kelce loves playing in front of a sellout crowd and wouldn’t want his last season to be played in empty stadiums .... but I’ve been wrong many times before 

I think he’s back. I also think he is underrated by this fanbase and people will realize how good he is once he’s gone and missed

Just now, Allhaildawk said:

I think he’s back. I also think he is underrated by this fanbase and people will realize how good he is once he’s gone and missed

Not by me.  The dude belongs in Canton. 

Just now, Connecticut Eagle said:

Not by me.  The dude belongs in Canton. 

You have wisdom beyond many on this board 

5 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

He should be a Hall of Famer at worse just eagles hall of fame. If there was one guy on that entire Eagles Super Bowl that should be going into Canton it is Jason Kelce. He has been arguably the best center in the game for half a decade.

That said I don’t know if he comes back. I can see it both ways 

48 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I think Schwartz deserves credit for churning out above average defenses with unspectacular talent.  But I also think he ruined cbs.

Jones and Douglas looked like salvageable players after leaving here.  

Maddox came in cold as a rookie, looked great, and regressed every year with Schwartz.

Darby was nearly the rookie DPOY, comes here, has one good year, regresses every year after that, and then has a big year in DC.

Slay just had the worst, most vulnerable year of his career here.

Schwartz’ scheme is where cbs go to die.

Yep. DB poison.

26 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Are you married?  Perhaps your wife told him it wasn’t going to happen ...  :ph34r:

Nope lol

I dunno. I’m not a troll on twitter & don’t think I’ve ever said anything to him on the app. 

The next big shoe to drop:

We find out in a couple days if Howie's role changes.

If not, the offseason is ruined like about to F a hot girl who tells you right before she has gonorrhea.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think Kelce is retiring. I think Ertz knows he is gone. Wentz will probably want to go now.  

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

None of them.

2021 Eagles are Hurts, Rookie, and Goedert.

Just now, CaliEagle said:

I think Kelce is retiring. I think Ertz knows he is gone. Wentz will probably want to go now.  

My personal belief has always been with how this season went and how the future next year looks that I didn’t think Jason Kelce would want to come back when he’s leaving the game in relatively good health, accomplished a ton and the team is likely in a rebuild 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

My personal belief has always been with how this season went and how the future next year looks that I didn’t think Jason Kelce would want to come back when he’s leaving the game in relatively good health, accomplished a ton and the team is likely in a rebuild 

Yep and factor in the pandemic. I'm surprised he came back this year with all that was going on.    But, this team appears to be at least a couple of years away, so I think it makes sense if he wants to get out now. Deserves HOF consideration for sure.

Just now, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

Any chance the Dolphins draft Jamarr Chase and Bengals Devonta Smith?

Sure. If they’re stupid. So I guess anything’s possible. 

Archived