EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

I figured the hiring of Sirianni (before having time to fully interview coaches still in playoffs like Bienemy) was driven somewhat by the urgency to fill his coaching staff before all the talented coordinators get snapped up by the 4-5 teams ahead of us in that process.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Giddyunc said:

The affidavits ranged from potential improprieties (like you described) to outright fraud. There were affidavits that people signed, under the threat of perjury, where they alleged that they witnessed poll workers filling out empty absentee ballots. Others, such as the affidavit from a DEMOCRATIC poll watcher, alleged that hundreds of mail-in ballots in unsealed boxes contained 100% Biden votes. That's similar to the county that had military ballots cast 900-0 in favor of Biden. 

Again, this isn't to say that "the election was clearly stolen." However, raising these issues doesn't make one an insurrectionist. The media has created a narrative that anyone who questions the integrity of the election is someone who's attacking our democracy. 

I'm not going to engage this but any affidavit is completed with a "threat of perjury."  It doesn't make what is in the affidavit true, credible or even admissible as evidence.  Also, you should just read the judges' decisions in these cases. What you cited as "evidence" is just internet rumor and fantasy.  People need to get a grip on reality.  

4 minutes ago, DelCo-lin said:

I figured the hiring of Sirianni (before having time to fully interview coaches still in playoffs like Bienemy) was driven somewhat by the urgency to fill his coaching staff before all the talented coordinators get snapped up by the 4-5 teams ahead of us in that process.

Realistically there were only two more candidates to be looked at — Bieniemy and Brian Daboll.  Bieniemy took himself out of consideration, and because Daboll and Roseman both have the same agent, it’s likely the Eagles already knew if Daboll was interested enough to justify waiting for or not.

24 minutes ago, DelCo-lin said:

Lynn and Flores are good examples. Just think the league needs more of em. And I really don't think there was anything racially biased about the Eagles' process, just that there's a lingering systemic problem in the NFL.

Systemic?  Please.  It comes down to qualifications and interviews.  Because they are deep in the playoffs neither Bienemy nor Daboll gave the long interviews or offered to be able to jump to hiring staff that is needed by most teams changing coaches. I believe that the Eagles liked Sirianni’s interview and watching assistant coaches being grabbed or promoted acted to secure an overall staff.  Look how fast Reich promoted his QB coach to avoid him being poached.  

36 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

That's just race baiting.   I laid it out a while ago... the key to getting a HC position through the offensive side of the ball is through the passing game, and QB coach responsibilities.  

I'd like to see the list of offensive HCs and cross check that against how many of them first spent time as a QB coach.  I'd be willing to bet that the number is overwhelming.  Anthony Lynn, a minority, came through RB coach.   That's the only one I can think of.

I don't think he was being insincere but he wasn't being analytical and that's the problem.  The Sirianni hiring was about Sirianni's background not his race.  

Just now, BigEFly said:

Systemic?  Please.  It comes down to qualifications and interviews.  Because they are deep in the playoffs neither Bienemy nor Daboll gave the long interviews or offered to be able to jump to hiring staff that is needed by most teams changing coaches. I believe that the Eagles liked Sirianni’s interview and watching assistant coaches being grabbed or promoted acted to secure an overall staff.  Look how fast Reich promoted his QB coach to avoid him being poached.  

None of the 4 remaining OC's have HC jobs and opportunity to interview likely played a huge role.  I mean Reich wouldn't have left but for McDaniels.  The timeline for interviewing likely needs to be adjusted.  

8 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Scott is a role player, just like Ward.  You have to have those players on your roster.  

If I have to hear this one more time... 

Yes, role players are very important.  That's not what this is about.  Scott and Ward are bad at their respective roles.  I'm not sure why that is so hard for you to accept.   There is a very big reason that both took so long to be elevated from PS JAG to roster JAG.   They have been elevated WAY above their skill level.  And they shouldn't be a part of an NFL roster.   I feel very confident in saying that if either one or both were cut, neither one would make another NFL roster.   That's why Ward, for example, was able to be waived and resigned to the PS about 4 or 5 times.  

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

The history and statistics suggest it's a systemic problem. Can I prove to what extent it exists today? Probably not. Anyway, I agree with all your other points about the Eagles reasons for hiring Sirianni.

3 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I don't think he was being insincere but he wasn't being analytical and that's the problem.  The Sirianni hiring was about Sirianni's background not his race.  

When one opens their mouth about race these days, they had better be analytical, or they can potentially make the situation worse.  So, sincere or not isn't important.  Factually based comments are welcomed.  Emotional speculation about why Sirianni got the job over other candidates is not helpful.

It's hilarious to me Lurie hired a guy that has a better resume and more experience than Doug Pederson did at the time but everyone wants to act like he's completely unqualified and was only hired because he's white. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

It's hilarious to me Lurie hired a guy that has a better resume and more experience than Doug Pederson did at the time but everyone (people with agenda's) wants to act like he's completely unqualified and was only hired because he's white. 

FYP

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

It's hilarious to me Lurie hired a guy that has a better resume and more experience than Doug Pederson did at the time but everyone wants to act like he's completely unqualified and was only hired because he's white. 

Its a really difficult situation isn't it. On the one hand I can absolutely understand the argument as to why people would be upset and why it looks like a slight against minority coaches. But at the same time it should just be about hiring the right guy. The day where we can truly show signs that we are moving forwards is when race doesn't even come in to the argument. 

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

When one opens their mouth about race these days, they had better be analytical, or they can potentially make the situation worse.  So, sincere or not isn't important.  Factually based comments are welcomed.  Emotional speculation about why Sirianni got the job over other candidates is not helpful.

I'm not in favor of stoking the flames but I also think the reaction to people questioning why a black HC wasn't hired goes too far as well.  Just because Berman says if Sirianni was black he wouldn't have gotten the job, it doesn't mean I have to say the Rooney Rule because of his take or that there is no racial bias in the NFL.  

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

In fairness, what he said is he wouldn't have been hired if he was black.  I don't think it was about his qualifications but just a statement that black coach with the same qualifications wouldn't have gotten the same opportunity.   

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

I'm not in favor of stoking the flames but I also think the reaction to people questioning why a black HC wasn't hired goes too far as well.  Just because Berman says if Sirianni was black he wouldn't have gotten the job, it doesn't mean I have to say the Rooney Rule because of his take or that there is no racial bias in the NFL.  

Its a really difficult subject and one that in some ways is easier to dodge. I mean I don't disagree with Berman but at the same time white coaches shouldn't miss out on roles because they are white. That's not progression that's just flipping the script.

I don’t think there’s overt racism, just a systemic problem that there aren’t more white CBs in the nfl.  I think the league should have some meetings and adopt some policies to encourage more white people to ascend the professional ranks as cornerbacks.

If someone said that seriously, you’d ask them when their next klan meeting was.  

Just now, eagle45 said:

I don’t think there’s overt racism, just a systemic problem that there aren’t more white CBs in the nfl.  I think the league should have some meetings and adopt some policies to encourage more white people to ascend the professional ranks as cornerbacks.

But isn't that different? Isn't that physical genetics more than anything else?

In fairness, what he said is he wouldn't have been hired if he was black.  I don't think it was about his qualifications but just a statement that black coach with the same qualifications wouldn't have gotten the same opportunity.   

In the same breath he also said along the lines of how Indy wasn't a powerhouse offense under Sirianni. Others have also downplayed his qualifications. He absolutely talked down about he doesn't really deserve it.

10 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I do think the emotional response kills the conversation and shuts people down from engaging on the topic in a meaningful way.  It takes more work to help someone gain empathy and insight into your position.  

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But isn't that different? Isn't that physical genetics more than anything else?

Fast white people only get to play receiver, hockey or golf.  

The issue is that the focus is on Duce not getting this job.  Let me ask the people who are up in arms over that, what teams have ever interviewed Duce for an OC or HC job other than the Eagles.  It almost appears that the Eagles are throwing Duce a bone giving him an interview.. repeatedly, in order to get his name out there for other jobs, and no one is biting.  So maybe the question should be asked why no other team is even giving him that opportunity, while the Rooney Rule is in place to give such candidates an opportunity.  The Eagles have been the only one to give him any opportunity.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

In the same breath he also said along the lines of how Indy wasn't a powerhouse offense under Sirianni. Others have also downplayed his qualifications. He absolutely talked down about he doesn't really deserve it.

Well to be fair... Indy haven't been a powerhouse offense have they. I like Sirianni and I like what he's done at different levels but that statement isn't without merit. 

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

Fast white people only get to play receiver, hockey or golf.  

There are few white receivers though. 

I hope Nick has say over who is on the team. Get someone who isn't emotional or biased to make the decision

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

I said it the other day because Outside the lines, or the one HBO did a little background on this and it came down to this.

Players who come back to coach/scout/intern are like 83% white. <<---- this is it. 8 out of 10 coaches are white. 

Whens the last time you heard a some what big name African American player  stick around and coach.  Duce and Leftwich?(I cant think of anyone else) I heard Greg Ward the other day. 

I think the question would be why do more white players stay to coach vs. black players? Demeco Ryans is another example.  Greg Lewis is still a WR coach in KC.  

Archived