EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well to be fair... Indy haven't been a powerhouse offense have they. I like Sirianni and I like what he's done at different levels but that statement isn't without merit. 

And that's my point. KC wasn't a powerhouse offense in 2013 through 2015. They were mid to bottom of the league and got by with a stout D. They had an entire season with no TD passes to WR's. Sirianni has a better resume than Doug did when he was hired but people just want to trash and downplay Sirianni because of agendas. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

There are few white receivers though. 

But a lot of white hockey players. 

I would guess that Duce's candidacy was riding largely on his own staffing plan. As a CEO type coach, I think the whole franchise had(/has) a lot of confidence in Duce. My guess is his interview and staffing plan just wasn't as good as they'd hoped. But what do i know

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

And that's my point. KC wasn't a powerhouse offense in 2013 through 2015. They were mid to bottom of the league and got by with a stout D. They had an entire season with no TD passes to WR's. Sirianni has a better resume than Doug did when he was hired but people just want to trash and downplay Sirianni because of agendas. 

And you're absolutely right. I agree with you. The argument against Sirianni can be seen as a racist argument in itself. Its just a really tricky argument either way. 

Just now, NCiggles said:

But a lot of white hockey players. 

Right. I mean are there a large contingent of minority races that want to play hockey but can't?

No offense to Bieniemy, but I’d look at and  hire Leftwich over him. I trust in former QB’s who understand game plans long before they become coaches, they should understand the importance of mis matches better than anyone.  I’m not saying former QB’s are going to make the best coaches, but resume wise, they’re tough to beat. 

All that said, how Doug couldn’t pound into Wentz’s head that internal clock all good QB’s are supposed to have. Has a QB ever had as many sacks after 3 seconds than Wentz, also after 5 years of being in the NFL? 

12 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I'm not going to engage this but any affidavit is completed with a "threat of perjury."  It doesn't make what is in the affidavit true, credible or even admissible as evidence.  Also, you should just read the judges' decisions in these cases. What you cited as "evidence" is just internet rumor and fantasy.  People need to get a grip on reality.  

An affidavit in a binder for press purposes does not equate to one filed in a court proceeding and it much less likely to warrant a perjury charge, I would think we would both agree. I believe that most of the affidavits suggested in earlier posts never were attached to a court pleading.  You and I both play (played in my case) in the judicial arena and we know the price.  I will never forget the pure joy of winning a bogus venue challenge by showing the affiant could not have been truthful.  She was sanctioned, dropped by her attorneys as a litigant and lucky to not serve jail time.  Knowing the firm involved, to this day, I suspect they had a role in the false swearing as they had previously tampered with evidence. Presenting a binder at Doug Mastriano’s bogus "hearing” would not warrant the same level of scrutiny for perjury as an affidavit filed in court.  I believe absent the use of such affidavits in a legal proceeding that false swearing would not rise to the level of a perjury charge.  

Caplan and Mosher today said they both heard early Wednesday it was likely gonna be McDaniels. Neither knows why it didn't happen, but people around the league think that during the vetting process too many red flags may have come up. Mosher said a source who knows McDaniels told him that there's no way in hell Howie and McDaniels would get along. But Caplan said in the interview he was told they got along great.

So likely a combination of Sirianni blowing them away and maybe people around the league scaring the Eagles off from McDaniels. But they did say it was definitely down to those two. Time will tell if the Eagles made the right call.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Man, if they hire McCown as HC there will be riots.

I mean if you're Houston at this point I guess you just bide your time. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean if you're Houston at this point I guess you just bide your time. 

If you don't want a strong supporting cast, I guess. They had since October to figure this out, they are a mess. 

3 minutes ago, DelCo-lin said:

I would guess that Duce's candidacy was riding largely on his own staffing plan. As a CEO type coach, I think the whole franchise had(/has) a lot of confidence in Duce. My guess is his interview and staffing plan just wasn't as good as they'd hoped. But what do i know

I'm not sure what to believe on Duce.  I know players pushed for him but I am not sure whether he was ever serious candidate in the mind of Lurie or Roseman.  Maybe Duce wanted Kafka but they were not able to get him on board and that killed it.  It's also possible that Duce didn't have a good list but it's hard to know.  My gut tells me that they want to move on from anything attached to the current offensive scheme and Duce wasn't part of a solution to problems this past season.  

I really think McDaniels was bringing Patricia here if he was the choice.

Thank god we dodged that bullet. 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

McCown seriously??    That’s embarrassing.  Is that really true?  

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

If you don't want a strong supporting cast, I guess. They had since October to figure this out, they are a mess. 

They are a mess yes. I mean like you say they have had the longest time to figure this out yet are the last team left. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:
I really think McDaniels was bringing Patricia here if he was the choice.

Thank god we dodged that bullet. 

Breer said he would've brought Gannon.

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Breer said he would've brought Gannon.

He said "likely". He also said Atlanta was hot on him as well as Chargers and Stayley being good friends. He deduced Philly would be likely because he would have more control here, but it wasn't a lock.

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Wow lol I like McCown but c'mon man

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Cue Lurie getting measured up for new headphones

1 minute ago, Couch Potato said:

Cue Lurie getting measured up for new headphones

Cue the Philly Special every time the Eagles are inside the 10. 

37 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

If I have to hear this one more time... 

Yes, role players are very important.  That's not what this is about.  Scott and Ward are bad at their respective roles.  I'm not sure why that is so hard for you to accept.   There is a very big reason that both took so long to be elevated from PS JAG to roster JAG.   They have been elevated WAY above their skill level.  And they shouldn't be a part of an NFL roster.   I feel very confident in saying that if either one or both were cut, neither one would make another NFL roster.   That's why Ward, for example, was able to be waived and resigned to the PS about 4 or 5 times.  

How is 4.4 yards per carry (especially with our banged up OL this year) and a 79% catch rate for 8.5 yards a reception bad for a rotation back like Scott.  That is where you and I disconnect on this matter.   Those are solid numbers for a #3 back.  

We poached Scott, a sixth round choice by the Saints from their PS.  Ward could go on and off the PS because he lacked a resume as a WR.  James Harrison was cut how many times?  How long were Q and Jackson on the PS before being elevated?   Maybe you consider every player below the starting 25 to be JAGs.  But to say that they are unworthy of any roster spot in the NFL seems a bit hyperbolic to me.  I will agree that Ward can and should be upgraded.  I have a player from his alma mater in day 3 in mind and I like Hightower getting some slot plays.   But I really like Scott as our third back and thinks he has a role to play.  

17 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Especially if he's hired over Caldwell. My goodness.

Archived