Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason - politics belong in CVON

6 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

To fire Doug and hire some coach they weren’t locked in on from the beginning would be the final straw for me with this team. Imagine pursuing the protege of the protege of the guy you just fired. Clown world.

So they should just go into it with people they have in mind and the guy they want then what is the point of doing the interviews?

what if Frank reich called them and said you have to talk to Sirianni i think he’s perfect for you and they respect Frank’s opinion and when they did the interview they loved him as a coach. So they shouldn’t have taken that recommendation cause he wasn’t on their mind when it started? Let you know they weren’t locked in on doug from the beginning they wanted Gase and mcadoo. Chip was and it became a disaster. So who you like originally going in doesn’t mean it works out the best. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

To fire Doug and hire some coach they weren’t locked in on from the beginning would be the final straw for me with this team. Imagine pursuing the protege of the protege of the guy you just fired. Clown world.

So youd keep dating a girl whos cheating on you until you found a new one?

You dont need to know what your doing next to get out of a bad situation. 

If someone on my teams tells me to F8uk off, I'll fire them right there on the spot and worry about the replacement later. 

Doug wasnt a good coach. It was the right thing to fire him. The lack of interest in him around the league with this many openings shows you want the league thinks of him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

So they should just go into it with people they have in mind and the guy they want then what the point of doing the interviews?

what if Frank reich called them and said you have to talk to Sirianni i think he’s perfect for you and they respect Frank’s opinion and when they did the interview they loved him as a coach. So they shouldn’t have taken that recommendation cause he wasn’t on their mind when it started? 

They should only fire a Super bowl winning coach if they have a) a guy in mind they think is at least as good if not better and b) confident they have a strong chance of getting them.

If neither happens, you have an awful process, and firing Doug was totally laughable.

Nothing against guys like Sirianni or Moore, they could be great coaches, but if they hire either I’m not watching a game next season. I was already leaning that way anyway by not hiring Howie, but I’m beyond fed up with this organization. To do Doug dirty like that would be completely indefensible.

30 minutes ago, RLC said:

I would be waaaay more excited about Siranni than Josh McDaniels. 

Legit question. Why?

I get all why people don’t want McDaniels but why Sirianni? I look back at his career and nothing special. I mean how good have Colts WRs been? TY Hilton was good for a little while but he fell off. 

Just now, Sack that QB said:

They should only fire a Super bowl winning coach if they have a) a guy in mind they think is at least as good if not better and b) confident they have a strong chance of getting them.

If neither happens, you have an awful process, and firing Doug was totally laughable.

Nothing against guys like Sirianni or Moore, they could be great coaches, but if they hire either I’m not watching a game next season. I was already leaning that way anyway by not hiring Howie, but I’m beyond fed up with this organization. To do Doug dirty like that would be completely indefensible.

You're an idiot. But please, don't let the door hit you on your way out!

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

I cannot imagine falling asleep in a bookstore.  Loved the comfortable chairs though.  Nowadays if I venture in a Barnes and Noble I carry my tablet and rarely walk out without several new books downloaded.  I dread that my electronic reading will kill bookstores.  Love browsing there but e-reading is my preferred methodology now.  

Like you, most of my reading is ebooks. However, for serious keepers I still go to hardcovers, not so much for ppb. Just finished Ian W. Toll's trilogy on WW2 in the Pacific.https://www.goodreads.com/series/159526-the-pacific-war-trilogy Cost about $100 for the three but totally worth it. His analysis of pre-war Japan is the best I've read on the subject - what was essentially a military coup driven, not by general staff, but by mid-level officers. Got 1491 in hardcover as well, based on your recommendation http://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1327865228i/39020._UY630_SR1200,630_.jpg. Will go to that after I finish Team of Rivals by Doris Kearsn Goodwin, also in hardcover https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5a/Team_of_Rivals_cover.jpg

1 minute ago, jwill2420 said:

Legit question. Why?

I get all why people don’t want McDaniels but why Sirianni? I look back at his career and nothing special. I mean how good have Colts WRs been? TY Hilton was good for a little while but he fell off. 

I'm not certain about Sirianni either, but Pittman did look good by the end of the year. Pascal looked good in games too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ManuManu said:

The way you guys talk, there isn’t a single beat writer with legit sources and they all are just making it up for clicks. 

C’mon, Manu, given their track record, the Eagles beat reporters deserve some skepticism.  They may well have some sources but there is a reason to be skeptical of some of the sources too.  They are viewpoints a lot of the time not fully supported by the facts.  Right now must be an awful time to be a reporter.  No off the cuff remarks, overheard tidbits but deliberate and oft times with a purpose leaks.  Agent? Team? Player with a grudge or focus.  If I was a WR and knew there were plays where Carson went to a comfort blanket check down to Ertz rather than throwing to me because I was partly covered, might I complain anonymously through the press?  Probably if nothing else to get the coaches to pay attention and critique the QB.  We all think that happened with Alshon.  I can also see the reasoning from Carson’s viewpoint because one of the football data sites had Jeffery as the closest WR to the coverage back in 2016 and 2017.  But if Carson doesn’t go to the press and coaches refuse to throw a player under the bus, what results is a one viewpoint report. So, yes, reporters have sources but a number don’t get both sides of the story, although some try.  And some are clickbait ****s or antagonists (WIP - which seems to be radio today, blame ESPN and Rush Limbaugh). and some like McLane have an axe to grind with one side.  Some seem to be just opinion writers without much in the way of sources, Kempski and the BGN group.  Heck, if they or Florio cite a source it is usually citing another reporter’s piece.

Ideally you’d be correct. however that isn’t always the case when you interview. You might like a candidate then interview them and come away saying he’s not right for the job. I’m doubting highly mcdaniels was the guy they had in mind when they started either and knew they could get so they wanted to fire doug for him. I’m guessing they likely wanted Riley and he said no  

But you were literally ok watching I’d mcdaniels got hired 3 days ago lol. 

also doug got himself fired with the plan he gave them and he didn’t want to be here. There’s been numerous reports all season he wouldn’t mind getting fired. You act like maybe he just also didn’t want to be here anymore. 

Yeah all those passes really worked well for Buffalo last week.  What was it, 6 points in the first half?

Nice, so dynamic

17 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

This is long overdue for the Bengals.  They have horrible uniforms.  I really wish the Eagles would freshen up their look.  Even if they don't go back to Kelly Green, their uniforms are tired, the logos/fonts scream 90s.  

:wacko:  Please tell me we aren't going to have the uniform discussion again.....

I would wait to celebrate the Bengals decision until we see the knew uni...

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Ideally you’d be correct. however that isn’t always the case when you interview. You might like a candidate then interview them and come away saying he’s not right for the job. I’m doubting highly mcdaniels was the guy they had in mind when they started either and knew they could get so they wanted to fire doug for him. I’m guessing they likely wanted Riley and he said no  

But you were literally ok watching I’d mcdaniels got hired 3 days ago lol. 

also doug got himself fired with the plan he gave them and he didn’t want to be here. There’s been numerous reports all season he wouldn’t mind getting fired. You act like maybe he just also didn’t want to be here anymore. 

Then they shouldn’t have fired Doug. Let alone firing him and keeping Howie. The guy is not a bad coach. They’re scapegoating him and it’s absurd. It’s such a bad look. Most coaching hires in the NFL fail, and the Eagles got one who while flawed has proven he’s pretty good at the very least and who knows how things would’ve gone if Howie could actually draft talent.

They should have known their job would be unattractive and they’d have to settle for other guys. Just keep Doug then and make it work. It’s totally insane that Doug got the boot and Howie is still here. Just infuriating.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I kind of think Ingram is done tbh. He was hurt good portion of the year and even when he did play he didn’t look great. He’s likely be cheap so maybe you strike lightning in a bottle like you did with Blount but Blount was coming off a solid season. Ingram played just 11 games had 299 yard and 2 tds. Had a 4.2 yards per carry average but might be higher due to the Lamar jackson factor 

Agree, Ingram is toast. Also, he's a **** who I'm pretty sure hates the Eagles (remember him and Kamara being ****y). 

Also, he's missed significant time. We should be going younger and healthier, not older and injured. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Legit question. Why?

Michael Pittman actually played really well down the stretch for the colts. He also worked with tyrelle Williams in SD which helped him get to the contract he got with the raiders as well as he helped Keenan Allen have his best season as a pro when he was the WR coach. I’d add reich has credited him with hines and Taylor. 

• Like 1

Then they shouldn’t have fired Doug. Let alone firing him and keeping Howie. The guy is not a bad coach. They’re scapegoating him and it’s absurd. It’s such a bad look. Most coaching hires in the NFL fail, and the Eagles got one who while flawed has proven he’s pretty good at the very least and who knows how things would’ve gone if Howie could actually draft talent.

They should have known their job would be unattractive and they’d have to settle for other guys. Just keep Doug then and make it work. It’s totally insane that Doug got the boot and Howie is still here. Just infuriating.

LinkedIn Tips #1: Don't be a Troll — Are you searching for an IT Resume  Writer?

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Colts Athletic beat writer

I have really come around on Sirianni.  I think he will be a solid hire.  Seems like a very good coach at multiple positions on the offensive side of the ball. 

6 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

You will be back, we all will, its in your blood. That doesn't mean you will be happy about it; we are all gobsmacked, we are all pissed off, we will all be there to root for/boo our squad no matter what (even if it is in a lesser capacity).

16 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

I hear the Buccaneers are looking for fans

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

:wacko:  Please tell me we aren't going to have the uniform discussion again.....

I would wait to celebrate the Bengals decision until we see the knew uni...

True, Nike has really had some disasters with the Rams, Titans and Falcons recently.  

I personally hate the Eagles uniforms so I'll probably bring it up every year!  

19 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And don't pretend like you knew who Sirianni was before this week.  My guess is you like him because he's not Josh McD.  

Don't project. Just because you don't follow other teams, doesn't mean other people don't.

Siranni interviewed for the Browns' head coaching job. He's the OC of a top 12 offense. 
It's not like he's some unknown.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, QBhunter58 said:

You will be back, we all will, its in your blood. That doesn't mean you will be happy about it; we are all gobsmacked, we are all pissed off, we will all be there to root for/boo our squad no matter what (even if it is in a lesser capacity).

I will be taking at least a year off. My fandom changed years back when I got sick, it changed my perspective on a lot of things. I realized life is way too short to continue to waste hundreds of hours of my time on sports if they’re not bringing my joy. The Eagles are the only team left in the city I watch regularly, though I still keep up with the news. If it gets to the point where they bring me more misery than joy, then I’ll move on from them too and come back when they excite me again.

13 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Legit question. Why?

We can start with all the reasons we don't want McDaniels. That should suffice. Keenan Allen while he was a WR coach is a positive. He's also worked with a really smart HC and has input in the play calling. His being well regarded around the league as an up and coming coach is also a big plus. Would he have been my first choice? No, but with what is left he is a pretty good option.

Again, screw McDaniels.

12 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

There are a lot of coaches better than Doug's for Pete's sake.  They didn't fire Bill Walsh, they fired is 4th removed 8th cousin.