Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason - politics belong in CVON

Anyone with some good takes on this new coach I don’t know much of him. If you have something for me to read I’ll take that too

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

This is what it all came down to, folks. They interviewed people until they got the guy who told them Wentz could be fixed.

Smart thing would be to try and fix Wentz and if you can't then go get your guy

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Hiring a 39 year old with no head coaching experience and only 1 year as a coordinator where he didnt even do the majority of the play calling is safe? 

LOL unreal

Agree to disagree 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Well, if Sirianna washes out in 3 years and Doug becomes a successful HC elsewhere, you can pretty much write in Doug’s OC with a pen as the next next Eagles HC.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

I really sincerely doubt it. That guy has it made where he is. If we had 80 mil under the cap plus the first pick in the draft, maybe we could have swayed him, but even then, it's doubtful. 

Yeah I’m not leaving a place where I have all that control and the funding of a premier sports university 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

I think we have all discounted just how important wearing a visor is to the Eagles' selection process.

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He's been a coordinator for 3 years

Thats my bad, for some reason I thought he was offensive  controller or some **** 

Regardless to call this a "Safe" pick is laughable

Safe would be Todd Bowles. Safe would be Dennis Allen.  Even McDaniels would be considered "safe" compared to Siri 

McLane is the worst.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

McLane is an a-hole. I like the hire. Way better than McDaniels

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

A McDaniels hire would be Lurie just not giving a F IMO

They essentially hired someone from Dougs coaching tree

Nah. It's Reichs coaching tree who came from Dungy/Caldwell.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Well, if Sirianna washes out in 3 years and Doug becomes a successful HC elsewhere, you can pretty much write in Doug’s OC with a pen as the next next Eagles HC.  

Doug wont be successful any where. 

He's going to go down as one of the most over rated head coaches of all time 

37 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

I mean, if the logic is that we gotta be cool with whomever they hire because they crushed it in the interview, then that should apply universally. If they brought in Greg Lewis for an interview and hired him, the same logic would apply. Or anyone else. Hell, if they brought Adam Gase in and he crushed the interview it should apply as well. Let's be real, no Eagles fans would be down with that hire.

At the end of the day, not getting your preference is always going to factor into how much any fan accepts or doesn't accept a hire, but I don't even dislike Sirianni. It's a combination of me preferring others and them hiring the protege of the protege of the man they just fired(who won a SB) that would piss me off. But I don't believe in just accepting whomever they pick and just going along with it. If people actually legitimately like the hire that's fine, but no one should ever like something just because they feel obligated to agree with their team's process.

Stop twisting the conversation. It has nothing to do with the lack of a plan. That's all I'm saying and if you want to bolt because they hired Sirianni that's your business.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BGDutchNorris said:

Anyone with some good takes on this new coach I don’t know much of him. If you have something for me to read I’ll take that too

I have no hot take information but I bet his work with Brissett and Luck played a role. From his Colts' bio:

Sirianni also worked with quarterback Jacoby Brissett, who started 15 games and completed 272-of-447 passes for 2,942 yards with 18 touchdowns and six interceptions for an 88.0 passer rating. He also registered four rushing touchdowns, which tied for the fourth-most among quarterbacks in the NFL. In Week 7, Brissett was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week for the first time in his career after completing 26-of-39 passes for 326 yards and four touchdowns for a 126.7 passer rating in a win over the Texans. He established new single-game career highs in passing yards, passing touchdowns and passer rating.

In 2018, the Colts offense ranked among the best in the NFL in numerous offensive categories, including yards per game (386.2, seventh), passing yards per game (278.8, sixth), sacks allowed (18, first), first downs per game (23.2, sixth) and third down percentage (48.6, first). The Colts finished with a 10-6 regular season record, won in the AFC Wild Card Round and had an appearance in the AFC Divisional Round. Indianapolis became the third team in NFL history to start a season 1-5 and make the playoffs. Additionally, the Colts were the second team in NFL history to start a season 1-5 and win a playoff game.

Sirianni worked closely with quarterback Andrew Luck, who returned after missing the entire 2017 season due to injury. Luck earned his fourth career Pro Bowl selection and was named the Associated Press Comeback Player of the Year after starting all 16 games and completing 430-of-639 passes (67.3 percent) for 4,593 yards with 39 touchdowns and 15 interceptions for a 98.7 passer rating. He set single-season career highs in completions, attempts, completion percentage and passer rating. Luck's passing yards and passing touchdowns were the second-best marks of his career. He ranked in the top-five in the NFL in passing touchdowns (second), attempts (second), completions (second) and yards (fifth). From Weeks 4-12, Luck threw three or more touchdown passes in eight consecutive games, which was the longest streak in the NFL in 2018 and tied for the second-longest in league history. In the regular season, Luck completed touchdown passes to 13 different players, which tied the NFL record.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Ok how about this. He's also from Dougs coaching tree

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Fax

4 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I wonder if McDaniels was non-committal about the job. 

I see what you did there. 

But he was supposedly calling around trying to build a staff. Sounds like he thought the job was his until Sirianni was the spicier choice

Just now, Mike030270 said:

He was never on Doug’s staff, so, no.

I like the hire.  Reich history, Colts have creative offense, made Phillip Rivers look good at 39, they are top 10 in run pass ratio, and will run the ball in the second half.

• Like 1

But he's not, at all. 

Sirianni is an unknown.  Reich vouched for him.  

Maybe he’s Vince Lombardi, maybe he’s Rich Kotite.  I’ll get on board and hope for the best.  There are worse decisions they could have made.  

But I swear to all that is Holy...if Spadaro puts an "ask Siri” section on the Eagles website, I’m out.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Can you imagine telling Mcnabb he was a Washington Redskin and if he goes into the Hall it should be with the skins. 

What is a B level coach? 

Is his source Josh McDaniels? 

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Exactly what this team needs. Maybe we wont have players running into each other anymore.