EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, Ipiggles said:

nah, they already replaced him in Indy. This is the Eagles way. They will announce him, have him do a press conference etc. It will be a big to do. Lurie and Howie will speak. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

I just can't stand the insistence on stats and ignoring his inconsistency (except 2020 where he was pretty much consistently bad). I've literally heard someone say, "Weeelll, technically Carson was better in 2018 than 2017, check his stats." Get the F outta here with that nonsense.

Wentz was not good in 2018, throw the damn stats out. If we can't agree there, then we won't be able to have a reasonable conversation.

Wentz was not good in 2020.  He didnt play this bad in 2018.  

We dont have to agree.  It's just different opinions.  2018 I thought he was average maybe a little above.  2020 he was bad.  

3 hours ago, greend said:

Please stop quoting that clown.

What does getting called a clown by a clown mean, anyway? 

1 minute ago, Ace Nova said:

I'm sure they will give him a pass for 2021. 

What is so hard for you to understand about this?

The organization committed to a path — forget about the money, forget about the person you obviously dislike.  Good organizations fix their franchise QB; bad organizations cut bait and swallow tons of dead money.  Wentz is the starter for 2021.  He was never the backup; he was sat down for his own sake and the decision was made to see what the team had in the #2 QB.  Hurts was not, is not, and will not be the #1 QB unless Wentz decides to move on.

If Wentz plays the same way in 2021 that he did in 2020 then he will be gone.  The probability is, he won’t.  My bet is he will be a 64% passer, 3:1 TD/INT ratio.

My other bet is when that happens you’ll still be whining for him to be replaced.

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think he liked it. 

I would have too if we did what they did instead of the crap we drafted

Just now, Alphagrand said:

What is so hard for you to understand about this?

The organization committed to a path — forget about the money, forget about the person you obviously dislike.  Good organizations fix their franchise QB; bad organizations cut bait and swallow tons of dead money.  Wentz is the starter for 2021.  He was never the backup; he was sat down for his own sake and the decision was made to see what the team had in the #2 QB.  Hurts was not, is not, and will not be the #1 QB unless Wentz decides to move on.

If Wentz plays the same way in 2021 that he did in 2020 then he will be gone.  The probability is, he won’t.  My bet is he will be a 64% passer, 3:1 TD/INT ratio.

My other bet is when that happens you’ll still be whining for him to be replaced.

I don't care either way at this point.  Wentz has already been given a longer leash than any other starting QB in franchise history.  They will ride this out until it's blatantly obvious (already is to at least 50% of the fanbase) that he isn't "the guy".

Just now, Ace Nova said:

I don't care either way at this point.  Wentz has already been given a longer leash than any other starting QB in franchise history.  They will ride this out until it's blatantly obvious (already is to at least 50% of the fanbase) that he isn't "the guy".

Then quit whining about it, please

Just now, Alphagrand said:

Then quit whining about it, please

I haven't brought this up in over a month.  You conflate me with several other posters that have been consistent in their disdain of the entire situation.  The only reason I brought it up this time is because it's obvious that hiring Sirianni is another attempt at doubling, tripling down on Wentz.  That's all.

I'll just sit back with popcorn in hand from this point forward.

Popcorn Gifs - I need more for my collection - Album on Imgur

26 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I'm the head of the Kyle Pitts bandwagon but I think they can trade down and still get him.  Would love him to be an Eagle.  Such a weapon.

Yeah, I think people are looking at his position and getting turned off. You have to view him as a versatile offensive pass cathching weapon, which is a massive void on this team. Pitts isn't my number one choice, but if they trade back and nab him around 12 I wouldn't hate the selection. 

1 minute ago, Ace Nova said:

I haven't brought this up in over a month.  You conflate me with several other posters that have been consistent in their disdain of the entire situation.  The only reason I brought it up this time is because it's obvious that hiring Sirianni is another attempt at doubling, tripling down on Wentz.  That's all.

I'll just sit back with popcorn in hand from this point forward.

Popcorn Gifs - I need more for my collection - Album on Imgur

What if they hired him because they think he can 1) Get the most out of Wentz or 2) Get the most out of Hurts or 3) Get the most out of any QB we trot out there. 

Just now, ManuManu said:

What if they hired him because they think he can 1) Get the most out of Wentz or 2) Get the most out of Hurts or 3) Get the most out of any QB we trot out there. 

If that's the case, great.  Just like I said in my initial post on the subject, that's what most fans hope but Lurie has already said that one of the top priorities is "fixing Wentz".  I believe his words were something along the lines of, "Easily fixable".  So that would lead one to assume that the reason Sirianni was brought in is to A. Fix Wentz.  B. Everything else.

But like I said, I'll get the popcorn out for 2021 and go from there. 

7 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Kyle Pitts and Tyree Jackson.  Eagles rolling out the super athletic 12 personnel next year.

18 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Wentz was not good in 2020.  He didnt play this bad in 2018.  

We dont have to agree.  It's just different opinions.  2018 I thought he was average maybe a little above.  2020 he was bad.  

I agree across the board. Yeah I was more bouncing off your point than refuting it.

10 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

If that's the case, great.  Just like I said in my initial post on the subject, that's what most fans hope but Lurie has already said that one of the top priorities is "fixing Wentz".  I believe his words were something along the lines of, "Easily fixable".  So that would lead one to assume that the reason Sirianni was brought in is to A. Fix Wentz.  B. Everything else.

But like I said, I'll get the popcorn out for 2021 and go from there. 

He also called Wentz an asset. 

16 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Cheap. Even if Jackson has only a 10% chance of sticking as the 3rd TE/H-back, a veteran in that role would cost $500 to $1M more, so just on expected value it's a good move.

And if Jackson is a surprise, you've won the lottery.

16 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Kyle Pitts and Tyree Jackson.  Eagles rolling out the super athletic 12 personnel next year.

Maybe if we could roll 12 personnel with Ward and Fulgham, our TE's will be faster than the WRs.

5 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Cheap. Even if Jackson has only a 10% chance of sticking as the 3rd TE/H-back, a veteran in that role would cost $500 to $1M more, so just on expected value it's a good move.

And if Jackson is a surprise, you've won the lottery.

Yup. Was a big fan of converting Hakeem Butler to TE as well. These guys most likely will flame out, but there’s a non-zero chance of these guys becoming a legit weapon. 

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Guess you shouldn't listen to "football people."

Now the QB coach for SF.

4 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Guess you shouldn't listen to "football people."

Now the QB coach for SF.

He could have listened to his scouts, who are football people...

Archived