EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Kind of a D move to block him a few days ago. 

Is the Lions job still open?  If he doesn’t get an interview, it does look very bad 

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Quick, somebody take Fipp before the Eagles change their minds again.

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

LOL

I hope this ends with a Super Bowl like the last time that moron opened his mouth.

14 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Is the Lions job still open?  If he doesn’t get an interview, it does look very bad 

They haven’t announced anyone but they could have closed in on someone in that 3/4 day span.

1 hour ago, toughfighter83 said:

what's so funny about defending a qb that put this team in a 4-11 record? what's so funny that a qb just makes same mistakes over and over again and doesnt fix it? im not laughing because it's not funny, it's not fun seeing this team 4-11, it's not fun seeing the qb doing the same things over and over again. if it's funny to you it means you enjoy seeing this team lose regardless of how wentz plays. i bet you were throwing a rage fit when the eagles won the sb with foles because you wanted wentz to win it.

sorry but you cant make someone a franchise qb because you are jealous of the patriots and chiefs having one. if you have to keep finding that guy, you cant force it on anyone even if it's someone you like.

We know you didn't throw a "rage fit" when the Eagles won the SB, because you threw in the towel Week 1 and quit on the team.

So rather than stats for Wentz, let’s go by what our eyes show us.  From 2018 to today he has started seasons slow.  Coming off injury in 2018, 2019 and not only coming off injury but injured slightly in a shortened camp in 2020.  No excuse, just fact.  Won’t be coming off injury in 2021.   

Carson seemed to start games slow, especially early in the season.  Now part of that could be scheme but some is Carson.  Much sharper as games go on.  Carson needs to fix that.  He needs to listen to his coaches and fix his floating balls and throwing behind receivers.  Some of that may be scheme but some of that is Carson.  Why does he feel comfortable with Ward, why does he feel comfortable with Ertz, why for a stretch did he feel comfortable with Fulgham.  Is it their speed?  The new coach has to figure this out and help him adjust.  But Carson has to listen.  

Carson needs to fix the fumbles.  They need to dissect when he fumbles and what to do to avoid them.  They also need to look at his interceptions and almost interceptions  Carson needs to realize that, yes, he got to that extension but that doesn’t truly make him a $130 million QB.  Getting to that status takes the kind of dedication that Aaron Rodgers whispered in his ear about after the Green Bay game.

Carson seems to excel outside the pocket, so incorporate that.  Doug failed that miserably.  We will see with Sirianni. 

Hingst and Rath have to analyze to what extent the new muscle affected Carson.  Probably strengthened his core but did it also impact his throwing.  They need to design and advise on an offseason program.  (Frankly, being locked out and on their own affected a number of players.  Hopefully they can get shots and be able to work out this spring at the Novacare.

So, yes, Carson can probably be a franchise QB but let’s not act like 2020 wasn’t impacted by Carson’s lack of progress.  He has to decide if he wants to be Nick Foles or Aaron Rodgers.  If it is the former, he needs to refund some of the cap dollars he is taking. 

36 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

How is that the NFL can manage 17 weeks of games, plus playoffs, and the senior bowl but the combine is a no go. Why not spread it out a bit more and test like they did during the season?

I asked this same question when I opened the sports page and the cover was high school wrestlers wearing masks while all tangled up.  You're telling me that they can't conduct the Combine in a smart, safe way?  

I'm guessing they don't want to be liable if someone contracted Covid while at the combine.  What they should do is hold the combine and have players sign up while signing a waiver.  Have a cap at 200 players or so and only so many per position.  You would probably get more lower level guys interested and coaches eyes on them.

39 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

nah it's based on deep seeded hate ... Toughfiter just revealved why he hates wentz. He thought Foles should still be here and be the QB. Wentz is here- Foles is not. I know Foles career somehow since the SB is amaziningly better than Wentz's. LOL

Toughfairy hates the Eagles and will quit in an instant.  He only shows up to whine and try unsuccessfully to call people out.  He is a bobbywizdum clone.

41 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Doh

Damn.  Surprised Peelle wasn’t a holdover.  

3 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Damn.  Surprised Peelle wasn’t a holdover.  

Agreed, but maybe he was a FA. Coaching TEs for Smith is probably a good gig.  

9 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Would be nice to hear some assistant coaches being linked to the Eagles. I’m bored. 

Was thinking the same thing. I guess they are going to keep it airtight and do one big dump all at once 

8 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Would be nice to hear some assistant coaches being linked to the Eagles. I’m bored. 

With Peelle gone, Fipp going, and the report about the Bears being interested in Duce hopefully that’s a clear sign that some position coaches have agreed to come on board Sirianni’s staff.

51 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Doh

Kind of surprised he left to be Falcons TE

39 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

My guess is they didn't know if Nick wanted to keep Fipp. Maybe he said he didn't want to keep him

5 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Kind of surprised he left to be Falcons TE

My guess is they didn't know if Nick wanted to keep Fipp. Maybe he said he didn't want to keep him

And maybe McDaniels would have wanted him. 

My predictions for OC and DC — not who I necessarily want, but predict:

OC — Jim Caldwell or Mike McCoy

DC — Matt Burke or John Pagano

5 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

My predictions for OC and DC — not who I necessarily want, but predict:

OC — Jim Caldwell or Mike McCoy

DC — Matt Burke or John Pagano

Surprisingly McCoy's Wikipedia page hasn't been corrected. Still says we hired McCoy as the new QB coach

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

I’m gonna go Shane Steichen and Jonathan Gannon.

with Mike McCoy as QB coach.

I think that's the safe call.

IMO we need a guy with HC experience like Anthony Lynn on staff.

1 hour ago, Ipiggles said:

I find this irrational hate of wentz interestingly funny. Did Wentz hurt you somehow? Did your ex find him better looking than you? Did he dump your sister?   Nah sorry I missed it you thought Foles should have stayed. And you are mad because Wentz is here and not Foles, completely overlooking the rest of Fole's career, just like you are doing with Wentz. You are overlooking Foles career outside of the one season with Chip and his 3 good games under Doug and Frank. I bet you didn't even watch any of his games on the Rams or the Bears or the Jags...  Just a guess. And you are overlooking wentz's 3-4 years of Good QB play vs this one bad year where he did not play well. So you are basically throwing logic reason and factual evidence out the window because Wentz is still here and Foles is gone. 

I will show you how rational I am: I liked Foles from the start, I thought they never should have traded him for Sam Bradford, I stated it at the time, You can win a SB with Foles. I was proven correct about that. But here's the thing, Wentz is still a better QB than Foles. Foles has had crazy highs in his career, unsustainable unfortunately. Still like him, still want him to do well. BUT I know Wentz is better. 

So your thoughts on me would be so way wrong, and I have been very consistent. If you love Foles so much, go follow the team he is the starting QB for. 

Oh wait. 

wentz apologists are always themselves and not about the game, fact is i dont care about anyone on the eagles, all i care about is winning which is something you never talk about, wentz this, wentz that, what about fixing him and play like the franchise qb and not bobby hoying. fact is if wentz wont do that, i want hurts to play. simple as that, and besides what has wentz done for you? are you his playdate? are you shopping together? are you playing video games?

2 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

if i love foles so much why am i still here and wanting hurts to start?

Why are you wanting Hurts to start is the more puzzling question 

5 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Why are you wanting Hurts to start is the more puzzling question 

because im not emotionally attached to qbs, if he sucks on to the next one which is hurts, if he sucks next one. keeping wentz is basically wasting time and money.

Archived