EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

What about the medical staff and strength and conditioning coaches can they go too please?

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

We know you didn't throw a "rage fit" when the Eagles won the SB, because you threw in the towel Week 1 and quit on the team.

grow up little boy.

11 minutes ago, RLC said:

I think that's the safe call.

IMO we need a guy with HC experience like Anthony Lynn on staff.

Part of me agrees, but also part of me would rather gamble on a young up and comer because I think the Eagles are gonna suck for the next 2-3 years anyway, so might as well use those years building up and grooming an up and coming staff than taking retreads like Caldwell or Wade Phillips types who may retire in 2 years.

2 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

because im not emotionally attached to qbs, if he sucks on to the next one which is hurts, if he sucks next one. keeping wentz is basically wasting time and money.

Since you’re not emotionally attached it should be apparent to you that Hurts lacks the required arm strength to succeed as a full time NFL starter.  He was late on a lot of throws to the intermediate and deep middle of the field, and unable to throw accurately into tight windows.

I’m not of the opinion the Eagles should draft QB at #6 — but that’s actually option 2 in the long term interest of the organization.  Installing Hurts as the full time starter is the least appealing option 

6 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

What about the medical staff and strength and conditioning coaches can they go too please?

I don't know if this is a bold statement or not, but I fully expect the Eagles injury "luck" to turn around under a new HC. One of the main reasons I wanted Doug gone.

14 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Since you’re not emotionally attached it should be apparent to you that Hurts lacks the required arm strength to succeed as a full time NFL starter.  He was late on a lot of throws to the intermediate and deep middle of the field, and unable to throw accurately into tight windows.

I’m not of the opinion the Eagles should draft QB at #6 — but that’s actually option 2 in the long term interest of the organization.  Installing Hurts as the full time starter is the least appealing option 

he's a rookie, he can be coached to be a better player, i wasnt expecting him to be tom brady out of gate because he's a second round pick i know he was going to struggle, heck it took tom brady two years to develop. you have look at it long term and cap reasons, you hold on to wentz and plays the same way you are basically going to more problems getting rid of him and they will be stuck paying him and not having any cap space to fix this team in next four or 5 years.

32 minutes ago, RLC said:

I think that's the safe call.

IMO we need a guy with HC experience like Anthony Lynn on staff.

Give him Duce’s job title. 

41 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Why are you wanting Hurts to start is the more puzzling question 

some people ride the short bus

fan_bandwagon_clean1.gif

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Kind of a D move to block him a few days ago. 

They were Lion about keeping him the whole time.

7 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

some people ride the short bus

fan_bandwagon_clean1.gif

This is what the Eagles organization deserves but because Eagles fans are are such sheep they can do what they want however they want know that the fans will be there licking up every last drop. This is why Howie and Lurie get away with it all. 

5 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

This is why Howie and Lurie get away with it all. 

How exactly is that true? And more to the point what exactly can we as fans do?

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

How exactly is that true? And more to the point what exactly can we as fans do?

Hit them where it hurts. Their pockets. 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So you're asking fans to essentially stop being fans? 

Umm yeah that’s what I meant by hit them in their pockets....🙄

So, one of the reasons I doubt the quality or quantity of the beat reporters sources is here we sit in the third day since the Eagles supposedly hired a head coach and while we have announcements about some position coaches leaving, not a peep on coordinators or position coaches on their Twitter feeds.  

1 minute ago, jwill2420 said:

Umm yeah that’s what I meant by hit them in their pockets....🙄

You want fans to stop buying tickets to games and stop buying merchandise. That's part of being a fan... Supporting the team. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don't understand how the helmet hit didn't result in a fine or even a suspension

6 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

So, one of the reasons I doubt the quality or quantity of the beat reporters sources is here we sit in the third day since the Eagles supposedly hired a head coach and while we have announcements about some position coaches leaving, not a peep on coordinators or position coaches on their Twitter feeds.  

Keep in mind some of these guys’ best sources are guys losing their jobs or have already lost their jobs. They haven’t gotten any great sources to Sirianni besides his agent. And maybe Howie is letting this coach make the coaching hires. 

Also in non eagles related news  on salguero’s article on the Miami herald the Jets are his preferred destination 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You want fans to stop buying tickets to games and stop buying merchandise. That's part of being a fan... Supporting the team. 

And what has the Eagles done with all the years of support? 1 SB. 1. 

I can get into the money and profits and show you how this team ranks in the top 5 even in down years but hey I can’t stop ya support away and don’t complain when Howie gets away with Turing this team in cap hell and they look like a circus with its incompetent FO. Just smile and take it up the... And ask for another. 

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What was wrong with the hit on Mahomes?

Nothing IMO, was posting more for the Sorensen hit that was discussed quite a bit 

2 hours ago, BigEFly said:

So, yes, Carson can probably be a franchise QB but let’s not act like 2020 wasn’t impacted by Carson’s lack of progress.  He has to decide if he wants to be Nick Foles or Aaron Rodgers.  If it is the former, he needs to refund some of the cap dollars he is taking. 

Actually, the two QBs who come to mind are McNabb and Big Ben. McNabb never got his mojo back once injuries robbed him of his mobility, and he was never dedicated the way a Rodgers or Brady is to improving his game. But he still had a pretty good career. But never the franchise QB who could carry a team after 2005.

Big Ben struggled his 3rd and 5th seasons, then settled in for a long run as a franchise QB from age 27 to 36.

One thing he had was much better talent than McNabb or Wentz:

2007:  Parker, Holmes, Ward, Washington, Heath Miller at TE, Faneca at LG

2009:  Mendenhall, Holmes, Ward, Miller,

2010:  Mendenhall, Wallace, Ward, Randel-el, Sanders, Miller, Pouncey at C

2011:  Mendenhall, A Brown, Wallace, Ward, Sanders, Miller, Pouncey

2012:  Brown, Wallace, Sanders, Miller, Pouncey

2013:  Le'Veon Bell, Brown, Sanders, Miller,

2014:  Bell, Brown, Miller, Pouncey

2015:  Bell/D Williams, Brown, M Bryant, DeCastro

2016:  Bell, Brown, Pouncey, DeCastro

2017:  Bell, Brown, Smith-Schuster, Villaneuva, Pouncey, DeCastro

2018:  Conner, Smith-Schuster, Brown, McDonald, Villaneuva, Pouncey, DeCastro

So a workhorse back who can catch the ball, at least one top WR, and at least one pro bowl OL.

Just now, jwill2420 said:

And what has the Eagles done with all the years of support? 1 SB. 1. 

I can get into the money and profits and show you how this team ranks in the top 5 even in down years but hey I can’t stop ya support away and don’t complain when Howie gets away with Turing this team in cap hell and they look like a circus with its incompetent FO. Just smile and take it up the... And ask for another. 

I've said multiple times that Howie needs to go. I think he's a terrible GM and I think he's the single biggest issue with this team right now. But this is our team and we can't just stop supporting them because the future is bleak.

Archived