EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

The Colts definitely do not go after Wentz.  Colts reporter who is plugged in said they have no interest in him on WIP when discussing the Siri hire. 

Maybe they try to get Darnold for cheap and fix him.  Perhaps Matt Ryan comes available if the Falcons pick a QB.

Yeah i here’s the Athletic reporter on WIP too said Stafford and darnold. I don’t know if the Jets trade darnold. Was listening to Sirius had a Jets beat reporter on saying saleh brought LaFleur with him and LaFleur and sahanahn both really liked darnold and thought he’d have success in that offense. I’m curious to see what the Jets do at QB. They could draft fields, keep darnold or trade for watson. They have a ton of potential options 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What was wrong with the hit on Mahomes?

They touched the leagues pretty boy QB. How dare someone think about that. 

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Didn't he sign a huge contract recently?

E95F1512-95B0-4DEA-BA89-BAFFB18F8C10.jpeg

5 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I think desperation is kind of accurate. They wanted the Anti-Chip at that point most likely, and knew Doug's personality from his time here prior.

Hopefully, they at least go back to their old ways and let Sirianni pick his own staff.

Nick or whoever the next HC is shouldn't accept the job unless they can pick their own staff

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

E95F1512-95B0-4DEA-BA89-BAFFB18F8C10.jpeg

Don't know how that site works. Do you just add up the money? So he $28M against the cap if he's cut? Bigger contract than Wentz but easier to get out of

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Nick or whoever the next HC is shouldn't accept the job unless they can pick their own staff

Don't know how that site works. Do you just add up the money? So he $28M against the cap if he's cut? Bigger contract than Wentz but easier to get out of

19 dead money and 14 cap savings. 

i believe if they trade him it’s same 

From his WFT bio...

Chris Harris enters his seventh season coaching in the NFL and his first as Washington's defensive backs coach in 2020.

He served in a variety of coaching roles with the Los Angeles Chargers (2016-19) and Chicago Bears (2013-14).

A former NFL safety, Harris joined the Chargers in 2016 as assistant secondary coach. In 2018, Harris helped develop first-round pick Derwin James into an All-Pro selection and a Pro Bowl starter at safety in his first season. James became the first rookie in Chargers franchise history to record 100 or more tackles. On top of the rise of the rookie, second year defensive back Desmond King earned second-team All-Pro accolades on the strength of three interceptions, including a pick-six.

In 2017, the Chargers ranked fourth in the league with 18 total interceptions with 14 coming from defensive backs. The team did not allow a 100-yard receiver until Week 17. Individually, cornerback Casey Hayward was named to his second-straight Pro Bowl after ranking tied for second in the NFL with 22 passes defensed. He also added four interceptions.

In Harris' first season with the Chargers in 2016, he helped guide a group that led the NFL with 18 interceptions as a team, while Hayward earned Pro Bowl honors for the first time in his career after leading the NFL with a career-high seven picks. The Chargers had 11 different players record at least one interception in 2016, most in the NFL.

Harris began his coaching career as a defensive quality control coach for the Bears, working primarily with the team's safeties.

An eight-year NFL pro, Harris was a sixth-round pick of the Chicago Bears (181st overall) in 2005. He played four seasons with the Bears over two separate stints (2005-06 and 2010-11). Harris was named second-team All-Pro by the Associated Press in 2010 and was named one of the Bears Brian Piccolo Award winners as a rookie in 2005.

Besides Chicago, Harris also played for the Carolina Panthers (2007-09), Detroit Lions (2011) and Jacksonville Jaguars (2012), totaling 422 tackles, 16 interceptions, 13 forced fumbles, nine fumble recoveries and 37 passes defended. He appeared in 101 career games and made 88 starts.

In 2007, Harris racked up a franchise-record eight forced fumbles for the Panthers. Harris started seven playoff games during his career, including Super Bowl XLI for the Bears. During that game, he famously intercepted Colts quarterback Peyton Manning. Harris' career postseason statistics include 48 tackles, an interception and two forced fumbles.

Harris attended college at Louisiana-Monroe. He was a four-year starter from 2001–04 after redshirting his 2000 season.

HARRIS FOOTBALL TIMELINE

2020: Defensive Backs, Washington Football Team

2016-19: Assistant Defensive Backs, Los Angeles Chargers

2013-14: Defensive Quality Control, Chicago Bears

2012: Defensive Back, Jacksonville Jaguars

2011: Defensive Back, Detroit Lions

2010-11: Defensive Back, Chicago Bears

2007-09: Defensive Back, Carolina Panthers

2005-06: Defensive Back, Chicago Bears

2001-04: Defensive Back, Louisiana-Monroe

7 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I’d consider him to be well qualified.  I expected the secondary to be the weak link of their defense this season, and that unit held up really well.

15 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Seems like most of the players he coached got better, so he doesn't seem like a good fit here.

I wonder if this means this was Sirianni's guy all along or if the guy who he did want turned them down? Otherwise, would they really need an interview? Figured if he had a staff he gave to the Eagles he'd already have insight they'd come with him and join the team.

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

They're gonna run the ball 40 times a game, my goodness. Pick up DeAndre Swift in your fantasy leagues.

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Also in non eagles related news  on salguero’s article on the Miami herald the Jets are his preferred destination 

But he still has time first to help interview Josh McCown, right?

:ph34r:

Still plenty of good choices for OC. Steichen, Hamilton, McCoy. I was only interested in Lynn as RB coach anyway. DC is the difficult hire.

20 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I’d consider him to be well qualified.  I expected the secondary to be the weak link of their defense this season, and that unit held up really well.

I dunno, he only had one year as a position coach. This would be a pretty fast rise up the charts especially for an offensive based head coach. If he was interviewing for the DC job with someone like Saleh it could work, seems a little early for him here.

4 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Still plenty of good choices for OC. Steichen, Hamilton, McCoy. I was only interested in Lynn as RB coach anyway. DC is the difficult hire.

Yup. Lynn as assistant HC and RB coach would have been awesome. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

I dunno, he only had one year as a position coach. This would be a pretty fast rise up the charts especially for an offensive based head coach. If he was interviewing for the DC job with someone like Saleh it could work, seems a little early for him here.

That would definitely be amazing issue if he wanted HC of the defense. Hopefully he gets a former HC on the staff somehow. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I’m still holding out hope for Kris Richard or Lovie Smith.

Archived