Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

3 hours ago, Saltpeter said:

Life of an NFL RB. So how we feeling about a Miles Sanders extension in 2 years, fellas?

Nope, draft another one

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

Nope, draft another one

He doesn’t have a lot of tread on his tires as he was underutilized here and played behind Saquon at PSU except for his last year. He hasn’t blown anyone away so he won’t be incredibly expensive. I say extend him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, What The F said:

I cheated and looked. My guess is no one will guess 1 of them without looking it up. 

1 hour ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Reagor was such a bad pick

No he wasn’t. Only looks bad in comparison to Jefferson. He was starting to look better with Hurts. Full offseason together I’m expecting an 800-900 yard season from him. 

West Coast team. 

No. 

Went to N.D. 

John Carlson!!

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

But worse for cancer or cardiovascular event than the risk of the vaccine

I am a cancer survivor, I have a compromised immune system, and I was worried how the vaccines possible side effects would affect me.

I called my sister in law who is a nurse and she is also immuno suppressed and already vaccinated.

She told me that recent findings suggest that those with suppressed immune systems are actually showing less side side effects to the vaccine as their immune response is weaker.

Now they don't know what this means in the future for those immuno suppressed if they contract covid after he ng vaccinated so we'll see.

But I can report that after I received my second vaccine my side effects were very mild, I was a little tired got a little dizzy for a little bit and weirdly the opposite arm I got the shot in hurt🤔 

Where as when my wife who is not immuno suppressed got vaccinated her second dose knocked her on her ass for 2 days. So ???

• Like 1

Just now, eaglesflyers#1 said:

He doesn’t have a lot of tread on his tires as he was underutilized here and played behind Saquon at PSU except for his last year. He hasn’t blown anyone away so he won’t be incredibly expensive. I say extend him.

if he is still affordable in 2 years I agree, you make some really good points about the wear and tear. of course if he blows it up the next two years, it gets a little more interesting. If he has a good year next year, I would be all for extending him before we get good. However, running backs are easy to replace

2 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

if he is still affordable in 2 years I agree, you make some really good points about the wear and tear. of course if he blows it up the next two years, it gets a little more interesting. If he has a good year next year, I would be all for extending him before we get good. However, running backs are easy to replace

Even though he technically still has tread on his tires those tires keep blowing out towards the end of the season and need to be rotated.

Not sure his ankle isn't always going to be an issue going forward 

8 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I am a cancer survivor, I have a compromised immune system, and I was worried how the vaccines possible side effects would affect me.

I called my sister in law who is a nurse and she is also immuno suppressed and already vaccinated.

She told me that recent findings suggest that those with suppressed immune systems are actually showing less side side effects to the vaccine as their immune response is weaker.

Now they don't know what this means in the future for those immuno suppressed if they contract covid after he ng vaccinated so we'll see.

But I can report that after I received my second vaccine my side effects were very mild, I was a little tired got a little dizzy for a little bit and weirdly the opposite arm I got the shot in hurt🤔 

Where as when my wife who is not immuno suppressed got vaccinated her second dose knocked her on her ass for 2 days. So ???

not immuno suppressed either and I am fatigued. Been holding it together all day after getting final vaccine last night, just gotta make it through this last meeting and then I am going to sleep. I had the bright idea earlier to push through it thinking a little bit of physical activity would "energize" me... 🤦‍♂️

it affects everybody different from what i can tell

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

I don't think it's a selective leak but I do think Doug's departure has left sources out there that are willing to speak.  The reality is that reporters are trying to get a grasp on the dynamics as much as fans are and I am sure know these kinds of stories will generate interest.  I also don't think there's a fear that anyone is burning any bridges.  It's also far different than any stories I can remember coming out after Chip or Andy leaving.  There is definitely some animosity towards Howie and Lurie.  

Reporters are trying to market articles, get clicks, and get a better gig/more followers to monetize. That’s likely why these articles are written in such a sensational way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

That’s the key. If you can get him signed at reasonable money, then he’s a solid starting RB. Draft a mid round guy as a backup/rotational player and you’re good for another 4 years.

If he wants to be paid like a star let someone else do it and take the comp pick.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Utebird said:

The immune system is very very ...did i mention very?...complicated.

it would logically follow that immune suppressed folks might have milder side effects.

but our genetic background and the redundancies of pathways, not to mention variable T cell distributions, make for widely variable side effects

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Irrelevant

the issue at hand is relative risk 

And the relative risk of COVID to me is tremendously small mortality wise.  

• Like 1

I am not an Alabama fan in the slightest, but this is a problem.  Why are we not drafting players from the best programs.

2 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Some of you guys wanting to trade up from #37 back into the first round are just forcing the board and giving up picks needlessly.  There will be plenty of really good players at #37, just draft one.

It really depends on how the draft shakes out. With the CFB season being so irregular there’s a good chance teams have wildly different boards.

Then you have to value the extra year on the contract of a first rounder, what it costs to move up, etc.

Say Darrisaw slides into the 20’s. Is it worth our second and third to get him? I’d say yes. You still have another 3rd rounder and you’re getting a versatile player who can start from day one with pro bowl level upside at guard.

20 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

And the relative risk of COVID to me is tremendously small mortality wise.  

Your drinking hurts only you. Smoking less so but you create risk for many others as a viral vector. Or do you only care about yourself?

if so thats fine just dont ask for help when you have a heart attack or get cancer. Stay in your vacuum.

1 minute ago, TEW said:

It really depends on how the draft shakes out. With the CFB season being so irregular there’s a good chance teams have wildly different boards.

Then you have to value the extra year on the contract of a first rounder, what it costs to move up, etc.

Say Darrisaw slides into the 20’s. Is it worth our second and third to get him? I’d say yes. You still have another 3rd rounder and you’re getting a versatile player who can start from day one with pro bowl level upside at guard.

I would say no. We need the volume

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Your drinking hurts only you. Smoking less so but you create risk for many others as a viral vector. Or do you only care about yourself?

if so thats fine just dont ask for help when you have a heart attack or get cancer. Stay in your vacuum.

If you want to go through your entire life never drinking any alcohol or whatever then that's cool.  You can live your life as healthy as you can and you might still have the misfortune of developing cancer.

And don't create a risk for any one else when I decide to light up a bowl from the comforts of my house.  

16 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I am not an Alabama fan in the slightest, but this is a problem.  Why are we not drafting players from the best programs.

Wasn't there a report too where the Eagles were the one team that didn't show up to Alabama's pro day this year?  

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

It's frustrating for sure.  I know people are probably sick of me touting the Cowboys draft classes but you know darn well every draft that the Cowboys are going to draft guys from big time programs and if they go small school guys, they are always guys with superior athleticism.  

It's another part of the smartest guy in the room syndrome that the Eagles FO has.  Let's find guys no one knows about rather than going after guys who prove it every Saturday at the biggest and best schools. 

• Like 2

The Eagles' starting QB spent most of his career at Alabama. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

If you want to go through your entire life never drinking any alcohol or whatever then that's cool.  You can live your life as healthy as you can and you might still have the misfortune of developing cancer.

And don't create a risk for any one else when I decide to light up a bowl from the comforts of my house.  

From reading your other posts, you are talking about two things the same that are entirely different.

You can't transmit liver disease, heart disease or cancer to other people.  You can transmit a virus, like, I dunno, Covid for example to other people, who might be health compromised and it might kill them.

• Like 1

I have no problem with stadiums requiring a vaccine. Those that can get one should. Those that cant, shouldn't be attending potential super spreader events anyway. So, really, it shouldnt even affect anyone. 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

From reading your other posts, you are talking about two things the same that are entirely different.

You can't transmit liver disease, heart disease or cancer to other people.  You can transmit a virus, like, I dunno, Covid for example to other people, who might be health compromised and it might kill them.

And everyone like yourself who is vaccinated can still transmit the virus as well.  For those that are health compromised I suggest they get the vaccine.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Wasn't there a report too where the Eagles were the one team that didn't show up to Alabama's pro day this year?  

I HOPE that's not true. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

I HOPE that's not true. 

Yeah would be pretty disappointed if true. They're projected to have 7-8 players drafted in the first two rounds.

9 hours ago, justrelax said:

No.

image.thumb.png.e811e0bfb5e30578c941652573db4d9f.png

• Haha 2

"This was not just us calling up a couple people who had been fired, and them venting, and then them having an axe to grind. This was a two-month process where, I don’t know what the final number was it. It was in the dozens of people we talked to. We were trying to paint a fair picture.”

• Like 2