Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

A safety that could possibly be moved to LB, Divine Deablo. He won't be confused with the white snake, that's for sure. 6-3 226. Maybe he will be there in round 4 or 5. I like em

2 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

A safety that could possibly be moved to LB, Divine Deablo. He won't be confused with the white snake, that's for sure. 6-3 226. Maybe he will be there in round 4 or 5. I like em

Why don’t we just draft a LB and stop trying to convert to safeties and DEs. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

I assume that is because he can tackle and doesn't take horrible angles.

11 minutes ago, TEW said:

So you think Lurie flat out lied?

Most coaches aren’t going to actively want to rebuild. They want to win as much as possible every year.

Except in the fourth quarter of a week 17 game against Washington on national TV. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

I don't think Howie knows what those are

If we are looking DT, I expect the eagle to love Osa Odigizuwa from UCLA. He reminds me of Hargrave. Hes kinda small but yet can play NT. And though he can play NT, hes a very good pass rusher. He is introduced in this video at about 7:35

14 minutes ago, TEW said:

Take it how ever you want.  He put it all on Doug... I don't buy that, not even a little bit.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Oh, I still want a linebacker earlier, make no mistake. I think they need more than one. Deablo would be an option in my book as a mid round guy. This back 7 is bare and I think he brings a nice skill set to the table. 

27 minutes ago, TEW said:

To himself most of all

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

El Diablo!?😈  So, the Eagles have to engage with dark forces to fix the LB issue?

44 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Nah we’re gonna draft a QB to play LB

59 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He mustered 17 points against an atrocious Cowboys defense.  A defense that gave up 24.6 points a game.  A defense that gave up 26.3 PPG in the games they won.  Only 1 team scored less points against the Cowboys, the Bengals without Burrow and Mixon.  They gave up 30+ points 8 times, 40+ points twice.

Rookie throwing the ball as much as he was while he was clearly struggling.  Yet you blame him in his 3rd start and not the Lurie/Howie/Pederson pass happy initiative. 

Give Hurts a chance.  He's playing with a lesser deck than Wentz. 

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

We started the day with $2,314.12, after paying for the hosting services today, we're left with $838.48 but since today's payment was charged to my credit card where I get a 2% cash back bonus for online purchases, once I get that 2% I'll add that back to the boards bank account. That's about $30.00

For the moment, I wouldn't expect any expenses to take away from the current account balance. So we don't really need to raise any funds but we also don't want to wait until the last minute for next year's bills. So at some point, we'll need to. 

Of course, when we get our AdSense capabilities turned back on, that will help (provided we don't get banned at some point), then there's our Fanatics commissions (anyone that's going to buy anything from Fanatics, should use our link), same goes for Amazon purchases. 

Of course, anyone that does not have a Rakuten account, can sign up using our link and get $10 (after making their first 'qualified' purchase of $25 or more) and once they do make that $25 worth of 'qualified' purchases (within 90 days), the board will get a $25 referral commission. 

So if we could get a couple hundred people to do that and make the purchases needed to 'qualify' (within 90 days of signing up), the board would have more than enough funds for at least a couple of years (200 joins with the associated qualifying purchases, would get the board $5,000.00). But even if we only got 25 people to do it, we'd get enough added to the account that next years bill would be set. This particular commission/bonus offer, expires June 30th. After that, I don't think everyone would get that $10 bonus and I think the commission drops to either $10 or $15.

For anyone that doesn't know what Rakuten is:

Hide contents

When you're going to buy something from various sites like eBay, Amazon (sometimes), Fanatics or many other places (and some physical stores), you go to your Rakuten account and find the site that you want to shop at. Click the link and go to that site. Shop as normal, and (usually), get a percentage discount (each site is different and has different percentage discounts). The amount of discount that you got, gets added to your account and at some point, you get paid however much has accumulated.

I've gotten a few hundred dollars back by using it. 

The way I look at Rakuten's referral program is 'easy money for the board' if we can get a good number of people to join and 'qualify'.

Oh.  Well let us know when we need to donate. My brain might bleed from everything else I read.  

16 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

El Diablo!?😈  So, the Eagles have to engage with dark forces to fix the LB issue?

All depends on what Alec Halaby's analytics say about doing business with Beelzebub. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Take it how ever you want.  He put it all on Doug... I don't buy that, not even a little bit.

Exactly right, Jerry Jones doesn’t have short meetings with his head coach after every game followed by a meeting every Tuesday morning where he questions play calls. That has to suck for guy (Doug) that played in the league, is your SB winning HC, and yet he has Howie and Jeff busting his balls every Tuesday.   Seriously, imagine winning in GB, only to be told that you didn’t pass enough, and that basically you’re an idiot.

It makes you wonder why they hired Siriani, because they would never hire Reich to be a HC, he believes in running the ball.  

10 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

All depends on what Alec Halaby's analytics say about doing business with Beelzebub. 

Stratomatic football on Excel spreadsheets.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

From the grid iron to the grid lines, Eagles football 2021

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

From the grid iron to the grid lines, Eagles football 2021

They are studying the analytics of Jake Elliott's short field goals and extra points.

th?id=OIP.2t0FFZkvCS2ttYSCQK-UYwHaFj&pid=Api&P=0&w=220&h=166

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I actually played this game way back, it was fun about 28 years ago 

577A6FE6-A255-4486-8E5B-F2A2EDE870C8.jpeg

1 minute ago, greendestiny27 said:

577A6FE6-A255-4486-8E5B-F2A2EDE870C8.jpeg

I used to have that game. That's how old I am.

Just now, CaliEagle said:

I used to have that game. That's how old I am.

I liked it, it was fun back then 

Would be elated with Horn at 12.

Would be content with Surtain at 12.

• Like 1