Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

57 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

That's an oddly worded tweet. I'm guessing he did something charitable for the recent Indy mass shooting?

Edit: nvm. Didn't see the date.

Imagine being a grown ass man using the word "juicy."

• Haha 1

You can draft plenty of good skill people from the second to the fourth round.

Active receiving leaders (only those since 2010, given the changes in rules, etc) so we eliminate one or two year wonders - 6000+ yards:

PS:  notice all the TEs, guess they're more important than people realize to passing offenses?

J Jones #4

A Brown #195

Hopkins #27

D Thomas #22

AJ Green #4

Hilton #92

Olsen TE #31

Sanders #82

Gronkowski TE #42

Graham TE #95

Tate #60

Evans #7

Kelce TE #63

Dez #24

Allen #76

Landry #63

Cooks #20

Beckham #12

Cobb #64

Jeffrey #45

Adams #53

Baldwin UDFA

Woods #41

Cooper #4

Diggs #146

Ertz TE #35

M Jones #166

57 minutes ago, TEW said:

Strongly disagree with this.

I think Howie traded back because the value of a future first was simply overwhelming relative the drop off in talent from their 6th highest rated player to the 12th highest rated player.

That doesn’t mean they didn’t value someone greatly at #6. And if you can maneuver back up by giving away only a 3rd rounder, that’s a massive value win.

If they do use the 3rd from the Colts to trade to #9 AND get a player they would have likely picked at #6, THEN the two trades basically distill down to...

Wentz for the Dolphins first in 2021, the Colts conditional second in 2021, and moving from #156 -> #123 this year.

3 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

If they do use the 3rd from the Colts to trade to #9 AND get a player they would have likely picked at #6, THEN the two trades basically distill down to...

Wentz for the Dolphins first in 2021, the Colts conditional second in 2021, and moving from #156 -> #123 this year.

That works 

21 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

JEFF LURIE TOLD HIM TO THROW A LOT OF INTERCEPTIONS!!! I knew it!!  

Dont forget Lurie told Wentz to fumble at least once a game and hold the ball for as long as you can.

• Like 2

If Wentz has a grievance, it should be Doug and his awful play calling in 2020 that hung him out to dry.

Drafting Chinn instead of Hurts would have had zero impact on Wentz's performance.

2 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Dont forget Lurie told Wentz to fumble at least once a game and hold the ball for as long as you can.

You're right, he should have told him to duck and run every play, like Hurts. 

• Like 2

Who the hell is Mike Materacky? 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

I'm not a reporter nor do I claim to be. I do, however, get a few juicy nuggets from time to time. Take it for what it's worth. Have fun with it... or don't. Up to you.

Person shrugging

There will be no "juicy” details that come out that will absolve Lurie, Howie, Doug or Carson of blame. They all played a huge hand in it.

2 minutes ago, greend said:
I'm not a reporter nor do I claim to be. I do, however, get a few juicy nuggets from time to time. Take it for what it's worth. Have fun with it... or don't. Up to you.

Person shrugging

I’ve made my decision. I will neither take it for what it’s worth nor have fun with it. 

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Appears to be some fanboy in his 40's still stuck in his 20's

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Yup. 

But I do look forward to hearing the truth come out.  This dumpster fire didnt happen overnight.  It started on Feb 5, 2018... everyone seemed to think that they were the most important one, or they were the one most responsible.

I have some problems buying the level of dysfunction being postulated. Barwin, Celek and Sproles all came back to work in the front office.  Weidl hired his son.  Douglas and Weidl came here from successful positions at the Ravens.  Barry and Douglas got promoted as GMs for their work here.  (You know, I dislike Howie and think him a failure as a GM, so this isn’t a defense of him).  

I do believe Doug failed.  His QB, who may have his own maturity issues, didn’t speak with him for half a season.  Doug doesn’t speak himself.  He seems an enabler.  He seems a bad manager.  He seems an awful mix with Mr. Consensus.  Schwartz probably hated the lack of attention to assets for his D and got no,voice through Doug.   I think that area is where the dysfunction is most prevalent and that area seems fixed. Next up is the Howie cure. 

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Appears to be some fanboy in his 40's still stuck in his 20's

Go somewhere else for news and analysis. For all the "juicy" details? Call Mike.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Imagine being a grown ass man using the word "juicy."

Well, he does refer to himself as Big Mikey Smallz. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, austinfan said:

You can draft plenty of good skill people from the second to the fourth round.

You can also draft bad skill people from the second to the fourth.  Heck,  you can draft bad skill people in the first.

JJ Arcega-Whiteside ( # 57 )

Mack Hollins ( # 118 )

Donnel Pumphrey ( #132 )

Josh Huff ( # 86 )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

There will be no "juicy” details that come out that will absolve Lurie, Howie, Doug or Carson of blame. They all played a huge hand in it.

I’ve made my decision. I will neither take it for what it’s worth nor have fun with it. 

Yeah, he had me going for a minute

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Donnel Pumphrey ( #132 )

I bet this was a Jeffy Lurie pick.  i SaW hIm PlAy iN tHe SeNiOr BoWl!!!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Oh, it's gonna be fun. C'mon Small Ballz Mikey, let's have your info!  

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Because if he screws up this draft the fans will put his head in a vise.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

this guy is

captain.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigEFly said:

NDIrish’s new site is pretty good.  (Can’t remember who posted the link a few days ago, but thanks.) Nice to see Matt reviewing prospects again.  He had this on Surtain:

I noticed something on film that not many people talk about and it really worries me. I mentioned him being handsy. Let’s say you haven’t played football, but you’ve played basketball. You feel your opponent with your hands while boxing out, posting up or whatever. Surtain covers like that. When he doesn’t "have hands”, the results were consistent. He got beat.

Now I think Matt, exaggerated a bit with the end but he is right that when he got beat he had lost the receiver.  Surtain does hand check.  A lot of good CBs do that. He isn’t grabby, but he does feel for the receiver.  I hadn’t noticed this as much until Matt mentioned it.  

Check out his site  

https://jetrolot.com

Twas me who posted it.  I didn't realize he was doing a site these days either. 

39 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You can also draft bad skill people from the second to the fourth.  Heck,  you can draft bad skill people in the first.

JJ Arcega-Whiteside ( # 57 )

Mack Hollins ( # 118 )

Donnel Pumphrey ( #132 )

Josh Huff ( # 86 )

Which they have, Dillard & Reagor 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

ruh roh. Will this make Roseman more insistent on unilaterally making the early draft choices or will it make him more reliant on the board and scouts in order to get better results? Really don't want Howie "I am smarter than everyone else and see secret super qualities in players that will prove how smart I am" Roseman being even more motivated to make stupid draft picks.

5 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Because if he screws up this draft the fans will put his head in a vise.

If Jeff is telling him who to take I mean that changes everything. Lurie thinks he's some King Midas drafter.

We think it's bad now with Howie, what if Jeff promotes Halaby to GM

• Like 1