Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

7 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

Against tortoises or sloths?

Rich Eisen might give him a run for his money. 😂

• Like 1

"He moves well for a big guy". I move well for a fat guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Fat old guy I should say

20 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Smith is definitely a blue chipper. 

No he's not

If Waddle wasnt hurt he doesnt win the Heisman. If he doesnt win the Heisman he's probably going to go in the  late teens, early 20;s.

He's closer to being the 4th wide receiver in the draft then he was the 2nd. That's not a blue chipper. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, CouchKing said:

If we fix the OLIne, we are a .500 club. Easy.

Zero Chance. Fixed O-line you still have one of the harder schedules in the league, and the 24th ranked defense. 

I said this before, I like the Jets, and where theyre headed. WOULD NOT BE SHOCKED if the streak is over

• Like 1

Jets ? I like the draft picks they have been choosing , but we have no clue if their rookie HC can be a good HC , personally I didn’t like the hire 

4 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Jets ? I like the draft picks they have been choosing , but we have no clue if their rookie HC can be a good HC , personally I didn’t like the hire 

Joe Douglas had a monster draft last year and I think he had a very good draft this year. 

They pick up 3-4 wins by just getting rid of Gase. 

Plus I think the Eagles will be that bad

• Like 1

We don’t know if any draft this year is monster , give it 3 years . I like Wilson , but if he isn’t a stud , this draft is a flop .

23 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

No he's not

If Waddle wasnt hurt he doesnt win the Heisman. If he doesnt win the Heisman he's probably going to go in the  late teens, early 20;s.

He's closer to being the 4th wide receiver in the draft then he was the 2nd. That's not a blue chipper. 

Smith had 50 catches for 698 yards playing with Waddle.

That’s an average of 139.6 yards a game. If we take the other 8 games and average it he would have totaled 1814 yards. He had 1856 without Waddle. 42 yards.

With Waddle all season he would have averaged out to 130 catches. He only got 117 without him.

Touchdowns with Waddle would be 16. He got 23 without him.

Those are blue chip numbers with or without him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If we fix the OLine, everyone else looks better. The receivers, QB, coaches, and GM. The defense gets better because the offense stays on the field longer, fewer 3 and outs. The defense needs to improve to make some stops and get off the field, otherwise, we’re in a shootout every game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Joe Douglas had a monster draft last year and I think he had a very good draft this year. 

They pick up 3-4 wins by just getting rid of Gase. 

Plus I think the Eagles will be that bad

Joe Douglas came with a high credential from his years at the Ravens.  His time with the Eagles was not touted a lot or as highly.  Now with the Jets, he shines again as a good talent evaluator.  That begs the question what limited his contributions when he was with the team.

• Like 1

Just now, Penn7980 said:

Joe Douglas came with a high credential from his years at the Ravens.  His time with the Eagles was not touted a lot or as highly.  Now with the Jets, he shines again as a good talent evaluator.  That begs the question what limited his contributions when he was with the team.

I think you know the answer already

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

There've been 2 constants with the Eagles.  This picture always made me laugh because DP always looked like he was trying so hard to touch the jersey.  He doesn't matter at all.   It's the owner and his prized pupil showing off their new toy. 

Carson Wentz, Howie Roseman, Jeffrey Lurie, Doug Pedreson

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

That’s an average of 139.6 yards a game. If we take the other 8 games and average it he would have totaled 1814 yards. He had 1856 without Waddle. 42 yards.

With Waddle all season he would have averaged out to 130 catches. He only got 117 without him.

Yes, With a 1st round pick at QB, a 1st round pick at WR, a first round pick at RB, the best OL in the country he looked amazing. 

In my opinion, the 3rd best isnt a blue chipper.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

Yes, With a 1st round pick at QB, a 1st round pick at WR, a first round pick at RB, the best OL in the country he looked amazing. 

In my opinion, the 3rd best isnt a blue chipper.

You realize that none of those are what makes his route running, hands, etc great...yes? Watch the film. Knock on him has nothing to do with his talent, it's his potential durability at 166 pounds. 

10 hours ago, greendestiny27 said:

I meant we wouldn't be picking at 8 without a trade back 

I know.   Just being a jerk.   lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, greend said:

Fat old guy I should say

I'm getting older, but getting skinnier.  And I just made a bet with a colleague that I could lose 11 more pounds in the next 23 days.  It was mostly a way to motivate her, but means losing at twice my current rate.  Down 24 lbs since beginning of March.   So, I need to push this into overdrive now.   But it might be the push I need to hit my target weight by the end of June.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

If we fix the OLine, everyone else looks better. The receivers, QB, coaches, and GM. The defense gets better because the offense stays on the field longer, fewer 3 and outs. The defense needs to improve to make some stops and get off the field, otherwise, we’re in a shootout every game.

You mean drafting 5 WR in the last 3 years isn't the best way to build a foundation for long term success?  Hmmm....who knew?  :afro:

41 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Fixing the OL includes getting younger and healthier.   The Eagles made no move that could meet both of those qualifications.

34 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

There've been 2 constants with the Eagles.  This picture always made me laugh because DP always looked like he was trying so hard to touch the jersey.  He doesn't matter at all.   It's the owner and his prized pupil showing off their new toy. 

Carson Wentz, Howie Roseman, Jeffrey Lurie, Doug Pedreson

I have an unhealthy urge to want to punch Howie Roseman in the grill.  

8 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I'm getting older, but getting skinnier.  And I just made a bet with a colleague that I could lose 11 more pounds in the next 23 days.  It was mostly a way to motivate her, but means losing at twice my current rate.  Down 24 lbs since beginning of March.   So, I need to push this into overdrive now.   But it might be the push I need to hit my target weight by the end of June.

Good for you bro, keep it up!

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I have an unhealthy urge to want to punch Howie Roseman in the grill.  

I don't think that's unhealthy. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

Zero Chance. Fixed O-line you still have one of the harder schedules in the league, and the 24th ranked defense. 

I said this before, I like the Jets, and where theyre headed. WOULD NOT BE SHOCKED if the streak is over

Eagles have the easiest schedule in the entire league in 2021

57 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Well,  if the Waddle argument is disproven maybe he will change it and try saying that Smith only won the Heisman because of Metchie.

57 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

I think both him and Howie took away the same lesson from Douglas's time here.  The very next draft,  for separate teams they both suddenly started drafting athletes. 

However,  with Newsome gone,  there is a reason why the supposedly highly regarded Douglas was allowed to leave Baltimore. There,  and here,  he sucked. 

Remains to be seen if he still sucks. But he might have learned. He might even have learned quite a bit from Howie.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think both him and Howie took away the same lesson from Douglas's time here.  The very next draft,  for separate teams they both suddenly started drafting athletes. 

However,  with Newsome gone,  there is a reason why the supposedly highly regarded Douglas was allowed to leave Baltimore. There,  and here,  he sucked. 

Remains to be seen if he still sucks. But he might have learned. He might even have learned quite a bit from Howie.

:roll:

• Like 1