Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Imagine living in a world where you kiss Howie Roseman's arse at every turn and then call Deshaun Watson overrated......

• Like 1

Kapernick aside, there's 0 reason Tim Tebow should have gotten a contract he's 33 and doing a position switch to TE and hasn't played pro football in years.  That's just dumb. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Kapernick aside, there's 0 reason Tim Tebow should have gotten a contract he's 33 and doing a position switch to TE and hasn't played pro football in years.  That's just dumb. 

They're the Jaguars.  They need all the help they can get, getting fans interested.  Do you know what his contract is?  Do you know they will make the team?  Obviously it's not going to work.  But more importantly, who cares?

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

They're the Jaguars.  They need all the help they can get, getting fans interested.  Do you know what his contract is?  Do you know they will make the team?  Obviously it's not going to work.  But more importantly, who cares?

I assume it's a non-guanranteed contract. He's still taking a roster spot on the 90 that someone else isn't getting their shot.   Not a big deal of course but most of this stuff isn't. It's just fodder for conversation

18 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

He did practice with the 1's.

He was worked in periodically throughout the season.

What does Wentz's rookie season have to do  with anything?

You assume he will get good coaching - or that he will be responsive to it.

Reich is not the coach - we canned him, remember.

I agree about Watson and Wilson,

Reich was hired away by Colts after the SB win.  Raiding champion's staff is a norm and teams are supposed not to stop that.

14 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Didn't say you did. I disagree, I don't see improvement. Every other team doesn’t have as a big or glaring question marks as the Eagles, imo. We'll just agree to disagree. 

Don't tell me what to do.

13 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I got a massage under the Ben Franklin bridge once 

Well I hope he didn't leave any marks. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Well that didn't take long.  Isn't this song and dance getting old? 

Tebow is playing for bare minimum at a position he has never played. If kaepernick is willing to do that then some team might give him a shot. He wasn't that great of a QB, he rode an amazing defense 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

He did practice with the 1's.

He was worked in periodically throughout the season.

What does Wentz's rookie season have to do  with anything?

You assume he will get good coaching - or that he will be responsive to it.

Reich is not the coach - we canned him, remember.

I agree about Watson and Wilson,

Man, we didn't can Reich. He was hired as HC and the Eagles couldn't do anything about it. That's a big difference. 

Are we allowed to post schedule leaks and spoilers or do we have to wait for some ESPN talking head to announce it on TV?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Are we allowed to post schedule leaks and spoilers or do we have to wait for some ESPN talking head to announce it on TV?

you can pm me for sure

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I think I'm in the minority when it comes to the schedule to be released but I don't get excited at all.  We know the teams they are playing.  Just meh for me.  

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I think I'm in the minority when it comes to the schedule to be released but I don't get excited at all.  We know the teams they are playing.  Just meh for me.  

Mostly the same, except I do a lot of camping in Sept/Oct, so it's nice to plan out trips around the Eagles games once it's released. Otherwise, they've made it into something very over hyped. But, that's the modern NFL really. 

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

Mostly the same, except I do a lot of camping in Sept/Oct, so it's nice to plan out trips around the Eagles games once it's released. Otherwise, they've made it into something very over hyped. But, that's the modern NFL really. 

Yea, it does make sense for trip planning and such, especially if you're a ticket holder (I'm not).  I do care when the bye week is compared to other teams and what the travel looks like for the team but certainly don't get hyped about it being released. 

18 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It's the NFL schedule. Leak away!

33 minutes ago, beto_eagles said:

Man, we didn't can Reich. He was hired as HC and the Eagles couldn't do anything about it. That's a big difference. 

I let that one go.  Pretty mistake.  

27 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The sooner I get that ish.  The better.  

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

What in the world are you talking about?   

Reagor - 148 catches, 2,248 yards, 22 TD in 3 seasons.  With his best season (sophomore, 2nd season) being - 72 catches, 1061 yards,  9 TD.  

Agholor-  178 catches, 2,572 yards, 20 TD in 3 seasons.  With his best season (junior, final season) being- 104 catches, 1313 yards and 12 TD.  

How in the hell did Reagor show "way more in college”?   Don’t give me the high pointing ish either.   

Jesus Christ.  You guys are hilarious.   

You just don’t know how to evaluate WRs. Stats aren’t everything. Aren’t you the one whining about statistically the best college WR of all time that we just drafted? Talk about agenda. And hypocrisy. For every blind homer there is a blind whiner. You’re one of the biggest. 

if you can watch tape of Agholor and Reagor in college and come away more impressed by Agholor’s skill set, idk what to tell you. But keep using stats in ways that are convenient to whatever current whining you’re doing. 

50 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

I wish somebody would just sign Kapernick so we could just be done with this "why isn't he in the NFL" rhetoric.  

Tebow makes some sense for Urban Meyer.  Tebow played for Urban.  Likely Urban's offense hasn't changed all that much since when Tebow ran it at Florida.  If he's on the field, he's on the field as an assistant coach / player.  He can help Lawrence adjust, help him understand the offense.  

I really think that's all there is.  I imagine he'll be on the PS if he makes the team at all.  

3 minutes ago, blindside said:

You just don’t know how to evaluate WRs. Stats aren’t everything. Aren’t you the one whining about statistically the best college WR of all time that we just drafted? Y’all about agenda. And hypocrisy. For every blind homer there is a blind whiner. You’re one of the biggest. 

if you can watch tape of Agholor and Reagor in college and come away more impressed by Agholor’s skill set, idk what to tell you. But keep using stats in ways that are convenient to whatever current whining you’re doing. 

Numbers aside, Agholor was pretty good in college.

• Haha 1

Just now, Swoop said:

Numbers aside, Agholor was pretty good in college.

I never saw it. He ran wide open a lot and caught the ball with his arms with no one around him. A lot. 

1 hour ago, pgcd3 said:

Kind of feels like it’s only happening cause urban Meyer and the connection they had at Florida. He and Meyer are still close. And maybe some extra pub the jags get

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I wish somebody would just sign Kapernick so we could just be done with this "why isn't he in the NFL" rhetoric.  

Tebow makes some sense for Urban Meyer.  Tebow played for Urban.  Likely Urban's offense hasn't changed all that much since when Tebow ran it at Florida.  If he's on the field, he's on the field as an assistant coach / player.  He can help Lawrence adjust, help him understand the offense.  

I really think that's all there is.  I imagine he'll be on the PS if he makes the team at all.  

Would you hire him for your team to be a starter?

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

As I've said, I don't think Hurts is as bad as Tebow nor will his career go that way. Not a single person has suggested that. You guys cling to that because the numbers slap you right in the face and show how sub par Hurts truly was.

We have people in here claiming he did really well. No, he didn't. He couldn't do anything when teams adjusted, he had a piss poor completion percentage, he fumbled the ball consistently and thew picks as well. 

There are several red flags with Hurts and if you or other people cannot see that, I can't help you.

My concerns about Hurts are well documented.   I don't need your help.  Using Tebow as a comparison to make your argument is lazy.  If you don't think Hurts is as bad as Tebow why even use him as the barometer?  However, since he will be our starter I hope he proves me wrong.   I'm a supporter now, but not blind to the challenges. 

Look at DK Metcalf’s numbers in college compared to JJAW... by that metric, we chose the right WR. 

you stat guys crack me up. 

I think the Kaepernick window of opportunity has closed. He was exciting to watch in the SuperBowl a long time ago, but his stats say that he was not good. Teams now are looking to the future. Could he be a backup? Sure. 

For a contrast, look at Deshaun Watson. He’s in big trouble, yet to be resolved, and rumors fly of teams interested. Because he is good. Do I think the Eagles should trade for him? No, thank you. Too much bag PR baggage with these nasty allegations Are his stats good? Yes. See the difference. Good stats, league interest. Please don’t bring Watson to Philly. I don’t want him.