Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

13 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Hey everyone, I know that it's difficult at times to leave politics out of a conversation, but let's try to leave politics out of every forum here, except CVON. That's why CVON is over there. 

Ever since we switched from the old EMB to the New EMB, I've left politics alone for 99.99999% of the time because it's really not my place to get into those discussions anymore and I'll tell you, life is SO MUCH more enjoyable when you set all of that noise aside.

You can't entirely get away from that stuff, and you shouldn't (you need to stay informed, regardless of your political views), but have some places where you can turn that stuff off. Like TATE or other sections of the board (other than CVON). 

Take it to cvon...................................newb!!!!!!

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Saltpeter said:

Athletic freaks who flashed the year before are pretty natural breakout candidates. Don't know why he felt confident in going out on a limb for Sweat but not Mailata.

Goedert, Sanders, and Smith are the clearest choices though. With a viable CB2 across from him, I'd put Slay here too. I predict a massive jump from him in Gannon's scheme.

Speaking of Sweat, has there ever been a definitive report on the long-term outlook of his knee?

Slay is already a 3 time Pro Bowler, this was about first time guys.  

But "breakout" is generally not the same as Pro Bowler.  As mentioned earlier by someone, Pro Bowls usually lag behind as established names are hard to overcome at first.  But Sweat isn't even a starter right now, which makes him a less likely candidate to be a Pro Bowler.  

11 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

His contract is fully guaranteed besides the incentives. He’s not going anywhere 

Remember in the old days when stuff like this mattered. Now we take 30 million dollars hits and sniff, fart, and move on

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

The Eagles could have drafted Fields at #10, though.  Thank heaven they didn’t — that would have been an organization-wrecking selection.

Drafting Hurts at two had the same affect so.......................par for the course

• Like 2

Big news. The Eagles signed AJ Feeley.  Line up . Buy a paper. Pay 380 this month for cable. 

Hey ay uhhhh ay . 

Let me save you a week of insults at the Television.  

Jalen's the QB. Now and "forevuh" as far as you're concerned. 

#ButILIKEJimMcMahon 

Sixers choked, game was in their hands quite a few times at the end of the 4th. Haven't watched b-ball for a few years and I was happy to watch them in the playoffs but they gotta get their heads outta their butts. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Maybe a few but I honestly believe well over 90% of non religious Eagle fans didn’t give two craps about his religion. 

I’m not just talking about the fans.  I was more talking about the media.  Which is what started the discussion.  ESP and others illogical hate of Wentz.  But 10% is a lot and especially when it’s a vocal minority.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, greend said:

Sixers choked, game was in their hands quite a few times at the end of the 4th. Haven't watched b-ball for a few years and I was happy to watch them in the playoffs but they gotta get their heads outta their butts. 

yup

Hot Sauce. Yahhhhh

24 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

yup

I mean c'mon Embiid dunk that crap!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Is a big part of Trae Young's game running into bigger men, falling over while waving his arms about and asking the referees for a foul?  I am surprised that referees put up with his yapping - he's a little dog barking at the postman or a bird outside.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Slay is already a 3 time Pro Bowler, this was about first time guys.  

But "breakout" is generally not the same as Pro Bowler.  As mentioned earlier by someone, Pro Bowls usually lag behind as established names are hard to overcome at first.  But Sweat isn't even a starter right now, which makes him a less likely candidate to be a Pro Bowler.  

Good call, read that one too fast.

Fair point on Pro Bowls lagging behind Pro Bowl worthy production. I don't think he's a poor option if you're looking to write about a wild card type PB candidate. Only guys you could really rationalize are him or Mailata.

Just now, UK Eagle said:

Is a big part of Trae Young's game running into bigger men, falling over while waving his arms about and asking the referees for a foul?  I am surprised that referees put up with his yapping - he's a little dog barking at the postman or a bird outside.

All the stars do it , Embid was crying about fouls last night , then you have league MVP ejected  for nothing , sure it was a frustration foul , but not worthy of a ejection . 

37 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

He’s a child.  Never knew he was that much of a ****.   He’ll hear it tomorrow night.  

10 hours ago, Michaels maniacs said:

Sorry but embiid is soft but so is the team and the rest of nba

If only Embiid was as tough as you. 

Kempski did a video of everyone of Hightowers targets last year, ugly stuff.

I remember all the hype for this dude coming out of camp and even the draft with posters staying he was the steal of the draft blah blah blah.

I remember saying he was too skinny and really struggled with contact during his route and at the catch point.

This vid clip shows alot of him getting bumped off his route and getting out muscled for the ball and avoiding contact after the catch.

For whatever reason I find myself defending him more than I did when he was drafted, he's shown the ability to get behind defenses and he runs pretty good routes he just needs to grow a pair.

Kempski has him as the 7th receiver just outside the roster looking in thoughts???

1 hour ago, UK Eagle said:

I wish these guys would just play and not try to sell every little contact.  It's almost like acting has become just as valuable a skill as shooting.

16 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I remember all the hype for this dude coming out of camp and even the draft with posters staying he was the steal of the draft blah blah blah.

I remember saying he was too skinny and really struggled with contact during his route and at the catch point.

This vid clip shows alot of him getting bumped off his route and getting out muscled for the ball and avoiding contact after the catch.

For whatever reason I find myself defending him more than I did when he was drafted, he's shown the ability to get behind defenses and he runs pretty good routes he just needs to grow a pair.

Kempski has him as the 7th receiver just outside the roster looking in thoughts???

I always had Quez Watkins ranked higher...pre-draft and post-draft. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Utebird said:

He can seem to generate some separation.  Just can't seem to do anything else important like track the ball and catch it.

Also that 4:00 mark, Wentz spins left out of perfectly clean pocket nearly into the RDE on a 5 man pressure that was picked up beautifully to throw an off balance interception.  I really don't know what happened to him last year but his pocket presence was terrible.  Take a step up slide a little to your right and you're golden.  I almost forget what good pocket presence looks like for an Eagles QB between Hurts and Wentz last year.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I can't see why the team would keep JJAW over him. I know he criticized the RAC but it seems like he was often dealing with inaccurate passes. He definitely would need to improve to be a sure bet to make the roster.  

18 minutes ago, rambo said:

He can seem to generate some separation.  Just can't seem to do anything else important like track the ball and catch it.

Also that 4:00 mark, Wentz spins left out of perfectly clean pocket nearly into the RDE on a 5 man pressure that was picked up beautifully to throw an off balance interception.  I really don't know what happened to him last year but his pocket presence was terrible.  Take a step up slide a little to your right and you're golden.  I almost forget what good pocket presence looks like for an Eagles QB between Hurts and Wentz last year.

Maybe Pres Taylor sucked as a QB coach and we will see improvement under Brian Johnson. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, greend said:

I mean c'mon Embiid dunk that crap!

Embiid's knee was obviously preventing him from doing that.  All his jumpers were short, could get his legs into his shots at all.  They are risking a much more serious knee injury playing him at all, let alone so many minutes.  He looked like toast last night.  Instead of keeping up his workouts and cardio between games he is having to do knee rehab all the time.  It is showed in spades last night.  Too bad his teammates couldn't pick him up last night. 

2 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

Embiid's knee was obviously preventing him from doing that.  All his jumpers were short, could get his legs into his shots at all.  They are risking a much more serious knee injury playing him at all, let alone so many minutes.  He looked like toast last night.  Instead of keeping up his workouts and cardio between games he is having to do knee rehab all the time.  It is showed in spades last night.  Too bad his teammates couldn't pick him up last night. 

If you're 7 feet tall and can't dunk the ball then you shouldn't be in there at all.  That's a liability.  How did he get 21 rebounds?