Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

8 hours ago, greend said:

I mean c'mon Embiid dunk that crap!

4 hours ago, Freshmilk said:

Embiid's knee was obviously preventing him from doing that.  All his jumpers were short, could get his legs into his shots at all.  They are risking a much more serious knee injury playing him at all, let alone so many minutes.  He looked like toast last night.  Instead of keeping up his workouts and cardio between games he is having to do knee rehab all the time.  It is showed in spades last night.  Too bad his teammates couldn't pick him up last night. 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Here it is.  I would say you're mostly right.  Even if his knee was killing him, he would have still been able to get up and dunk a game winner on the road.  Especially if he was able to grab 21 boards.  We're not talking about Spud Webb here.  He's 7ft+.  I think he was playing hero ball (Doc's words) and was out of sorts.  

Other posters taking this that you mean that he physically can't dunk, is ridiculous.  

Are you feeling okay? He quoted me, what else is any poster supposed to think he meant? It's certainly what I thought he meant.

32 minutes ago, downundermike said:

image.png.41a31e3227bc52536638d514fc48819c.png

Yeah, but do they have Eagles HoF inductee Greg Ward?

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Well they should try turning their heads

17 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The SB team had more players with INTs than the team with 4 wins. Amazing lol

51 minutes ago, downundermike said:

image.png.41a31e3227bc52536638d514fc48819c.png

Never heard of them

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

I was responding to a comment by another poster saying his bad knee wouldn't allow him to get to the rim and dunk.  IF that's the case, he shouldn't have been playing.

Absolutely garbage take.  He's the best player in the team.  He did not have a good second half but to say he shouldn't be playing while on his torn meniscus you would be throwing in the towel on the playoffs. 

39 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Here it is.  I would say you're mostly right.  Even if his knee was killing him, he would have still been able to get up and dunk a game winner on the road.  Especially if he was able to grab 21 boards.  We're not talking about Spud Webb here.  He's 7ft+.  I think he was playing hero ball (Doc's words) and was out of sorts.  

Other posters taking this that you mean that he physically can't dunk, is ridiculous.  

I made the assumption that the poster wanted him to dunk on the give and go at the end of the game.  My statement was around that play.  Mid-season Embiid in good health rams that home with ease.  Bum knee Embiid makes it a contested lay up.  That was a great play design by the way. 

44 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Clearly our secondary needs to try making more 1 handed INT's. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, greend said:

Are you feeling okay? He quoted me, what else is any poster supposed to think he meant? It's certainly what I thought he meant.

No.  Are you feeling ok?  Of course a 7 foot NBA player who just grabbed 21 rebounds in a game can dunk.  LOL.  

45 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

I made the assumption that the poster wanted him to dunk on the give and go at the end of the game.  My statement was around that play.  Mid-season Embiid in good health rams that home with ease.  Bum knee Embiid makes it a contested lay up.  That was a great play design by the way. 

He is physically capable of dunking.  He was a little out of sorts as he approached the basket on that play and probably thought there was more bodies coming and wanted to avoid getting a called for a charge.   LOL.  And someone asked me if I’m ok?   Hahaha.  Problem is.  Posters in here who don’t watch as much as you and I, took what you posted and ran with it.  :wacko:🤪  Fatique, maybe.  Limited because of the knee?  I don’t believe so.  

Now let’s all talk about the moronic WIP take this morning that said he was playing the injury up because he was having an off night.  That should bring some good discussion.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

Yup.

Lots of questionable choices under Doug.

I was irate last year when Fipp put Desean in to return a punt and after all the time they spent to try and keep Desean healthy and limit his snaps and rehab him, he gets hurt again👎

Afterwards fipp is asked why he put Desean out there on PR and Fipp said because Desean asked...

Should have fired Fipp after the game.

Hopefully the new guy isn't as oblivious as the last and hopefully the staff and organization puts more of an emphasis on special teams cuz last year other than Cameron Johnston it was pathetic all around.

You know Fipp was a carryover from Chip.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I mean how many of the throws to Reagor were accurate? 

21 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Where's Greg Ward?

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

One Eagle, Anthony Harris as the 4th safety and only because he has 4 voidable years. 

Way to go Howie. 

And yes, I understand this is subjective. But it's also alarming comparing to around the league and the lack of young talent on rookie deals as well as talent relative to cap numbers. 

It's not alarming.  It's the consequence of drafting poorly over the last several years and signing aging vets to deals.  The team could have 4 or 5 players on the list next season.  

1 hour ago, greend said:

Well they should try turning their heads

And coughing? 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

It's not alarming.  It's the consequence of drafting poorly over the last several years and signing aging vets to deals.  The team could have 4 or 5 players on the list next season.  

Highly doubt that.

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

Yup.

Lots of questionable choices under Doug.

I was irate last year when Fipp put Desean in to return a punt and after all the time they spent to try and keep Desean healthy and limit his snaps and rehab him, he gets hurt again👎

Afterwards fipp is asked why he put Desean out there on PR and Fipp said because Desean asked...

Should have fired Fipp after the game.

Hopefully the new guy isn't as oblivious as the last and hopefully the staff and organization puts more of an emphasis on special teams cuz last year other than Cameron Johnston it was pathetic all around.

Doug's fault.  Always Doug's fault.   Except that we all know that Doug wasn't in charge of his coaching staff... so the fault must lie with someone else.   I wonder who... 🤔

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Please name the possible candidates.

Are we tanking this year or trying to compete while salary knee capped?

It doesn't look like we've done enough to get better.

Maybe we're relying on being healthier.

And, is dealing Carson Wentz to Indy addition by subtraction?

3 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Are we tanking this year or trying to compete while salary knee capped?

It doesn't look like we've done enough to get better.

Maybe we're relying on being healthier.

And, is dealing Carson Wentz to Indy addition by subtraction?

Not tanking; just not a good team because of end of contender life cycle

Your first question answers your second -- the draft is all you have when you're at or over the cap

Part of the hope of the change in coaching staff is the possibility of a better offseason program, strength and conditioning staff, etc. to reduce injuries

Wentz will likely return to being a top 10-12 QB in Indy next season; he propped up Doug as long as he could, then he broke.  Now we're left with Hurts (which is not addition)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ok.  So what you're telling me is that he is a much more impressive public speaker to the team and coaches then what he portrays in the media?  LOL.  Come on man.  You have to admit he looks and sounds like a clown at his PC.  You don't think the players notice that?  JFC.  We can be fans and criticize the things this team does.  It's allowed.  Let's not be like Dallas fans where you blindly defend everything about your team, to a fault.  

Yes that’s what I’m telling you. Speaking to the media answering random questions is way different then implementing a strategy and game plan. In his sit down more relaxed interviews he comes off a lot better than he does in the PC. But honestly you called him a dope based on it so Ill decide to have the same opinion about you and move on.

15 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Yes that’s what I’m telling you. Speaking to the media answering random questions is way different then implementing a strategy and game plan. In his sit down more relaxed interviews he comes off a lot better than he does in the PC. But honestly you called him a dope based on it so Ill decide to have the same opinion about you and move on.

Awwwwww.   You got offended because I called the HC called a dope?  It’s ok fella.  You keep thinking he was a good hire.  Obviously Lowie was keen on him.  I mean he was their 10th option.   Being a HC is not just about game planning and implementing a strategy.  It’s about leading a bunch of grown men.  Grown men who are professionals and alpha males.  Not kids playing RPS or duck duck goose.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

You know Fipp was a carryover from Chip.  

Yup and he went downhill.

It's not all on Fipp it's an organizational failure to not value special teams