Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

18 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

If Hurts is bad this season I think (hope) the Eagles would move on.  Fields being a top 10 pick would mean being stuck with 4-5 years of bad QB play.

Not sure why many are down on Fields 

i had him ranked over Lance

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Doug's fault.  Always Doug's fault.   Except that we all know that Doug wasn't in charge of his coaching staff... so the fault must lie with someone else.   I wonder who... 🤔

Rhymes with Zowie...

7 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Not sure why many are down on Fields 

i had him ranked over Lance

He always looked slow to process and go through his progressions to me; very inconsistent as well.  Could just be the OSU scheme. 

I don't like his chances in CHI with Nagy there, but that would be true for any QB prospect.  Hopefully for his sake they build a really good OL and bring in a coach who is a QB guru -- but that doesn't seem like the Bears' MO

Sounds like the people slamming Embiid should settle down a bit. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Article in the Inquirer Embiid said he couldn't jump.

Embiid on the last play:

"It was a great look, I just didn't have the lift.  Thought I got fouled too.  But usually I would go up and try to dunk it, try to get fouled and get an and one.  But I just seemed to not be able to, you know, jump, for obvious reasons."

If you watched the game last night it was obvious, especially in the 2nd half.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He can’t go 4-for-20.  He either plays and Doc makes adjustments offensively or he should just sit out.  They need to make a determination if he’s an asset out there or a hindrance 

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

He can’t go 4-for-20.  He either plays and Doc makes adjustments offensively or he should just sit out.  They need to make a determination if he’s an asset out there or a hindrance 

You sit him and lose Wednesday in Philly, the city will flip out.   

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

"Gonna have to lean on Simmons quite a bit”

9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You sit him and you lose Wednesday in Philly.  

This Alphagrand guy is making some god awful Sixers takes in this thread.  Guy really called Embiid soft earlier.  

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Awwwwww.   You got offended because I called the HC called a dope?  It’s ok fella.  You keep thinking he was a good hire.  Obviously Lowie was keen on him.  I mean he was their 10th option.   Being a HC is not just about game planning and implementing a strategy.  It’s about leading a bunch of grown men.  Grown men who are professionals and alpha males.  Not kids playing RPS or duck duck goose.  

It seems the grown men and professionals that he has been around believe in him. 

"It’s funny that people are trying to clown him man! Everyone isn’t a great media person or talking in front of people! He’s a good coach and I can’t wait to see that team go to work! People always got something to say outside looking in! I bet if the camera on them they’ll fold!”

— Darius Leonard (@dsleon45) January 30, 2021

3 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

It seems the grown men and professionals that he has been around believe in him. 

"It’s funny that people are trying to clown him man! Everyone isn’t a great media person or talking in front of people! He’s a good coach and I can’t wait to see that team go to work! People always got something to say outside looking in! I bet if the camera on them they’ll fold!”

To further on that:

"I’m going to be real with you,” Leonard said. "With Nick, each Saturday night, offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, special teams coordinator, they all get up there to talk in front of the team. You could tell people who love to talk in front of people, you could tell people who don’t love to talk in front of people.

"Me and Nick, all three years, you know, Nick came up there and his crutch was every time he said something, he said ‘all right.’ So each night I counted how many times he said ‘all right’ and after that I said something to him. And it just kept getting shorter and shorter so he stopped using ‘all right.’

"So I knew then, he’s a guy like me. I’m not a guy who’s going to talk in front of the whole press and be fine with it. So I knew that that’s not him. But I know that he’s a great coach and I know he’s a great leader so I had to step up and say something for him.”

9 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Great.  He’s looked at as a good coach by a linebacker when he was the O Coordinator.  Hardly the same as being the head coach of an NFL team in a big media market.   

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Great.  He’s looked at as a good coach by a linebacker when he was the O Coordinator.  Hardly the same as being the head coach of an NFL team in a big media market.   

And nothing has proved he can’t be a good head coach of an NFL team in a big media market.

Andy Reid always said we are fine there. He turned out alright. Doug Pederson was made fun of for his media PC and he won a Super Bowl. Your criticism holds no weight.

The fact that a defensive player that practiced against his offense felt compelled to come to his defense as a coach holds more weight IMO. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

And nothing has proved he can’t be a good head coach of an NFL team in a big media market.

Andy Reid always said we are fine there. He turned out alright. Doug Pederson was made fun of for his media PC and he won a Super Bowl. Your criticism holds no weight.

The fact that a defensive player that practiced against his offense felt compelled to come to his defense as a coach holds more weight IMO. 

If Sirianni doesnt do well cant we just blame Howie for not getting him good players or drafting well?

6 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

My criticism holds no weight?  Hahaha.  That’s interesting.  You have proof that a HC who talks about shooting hoops and playing RPS with players has worked in the NFL?  Nope.  Just like I don’t have proof it won’t work.  Because no one has done it.  So your argument holds no weight either.  😀. I just know he looks and sounds like a dope. Again I’ll say, if he was the coach of one of our rivals all of us will piling on him.  We both know it.   

Just now, 315Eagles said:

If Sirianni doesnt do well cant we just blame Howie for not getting him good players or drafting well?

You can blame Lowie for hiring him.  Because it’s their fault.  Can’t blame Sirianni.   Do you blame your dog for licking his butt?  It’s not his fault if you let him

2 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Aren’t we going to do that regardless?

9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

My criticism holds no weight?  Hahaha.  That’s interesting.  You have proof that a HC who talks about shooting hoops and playing RPS with players has worked in the NFL?  Nope.  Just like I don’t have proof it won’t work.  Because no one has done it.  So your argument holds no weight either.  😀. I just know he looks and sounds like a dope. Again I’ll say, if he was the coach of one of our rivals all of us will piling on him.  We both know it.   

Trust The Process 

3 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Please name the possible candidates.

Jalen Hurts, Devonta Smith, Reagor, Quez Watkins Kvon Wallace, Miles Sanders or Gainwell. Not saying it’s likely but it’s an over reaction to say it’s impossible. The team stunk last season. 

21 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You sound like a judge mental high school girl. 

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Highly doubt that.

Well yes 

5 hours ago, Utebird said:

Kerryon is a good pass blocker and he has good hands, and he can make guys miss where he struggles us he has zero explosiveness or speed, the injuries sucked it all right out of him 

Fran mentions that he's still young but doesn't mention his extensive Injury history in those few seasons.

Also mentions he was a 2nd round pick, a few years back, why should that matter???

I feel like too many football guys over value players because of where they were drafted.

I like Kerryon Johnson but he's damaged goods.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make the final roster, he's got no juice left.

Can he pass block? Sure, can he catch a 5 yard pass? Yup, other than that though he doesn't offer much as a runner or a special teamer 

I wish the best for the dude but I'm not expecting much.

This running back room is overrated in my opinion. Like you say, Johnson has just not been the same after his knee issues. I don't mind taking a flier, but to expect him to be what he was his rookie year isn't realistic. Howard is shot.  Boston is a back end of the roster player that in a perfect world is on the practice squad as injury insurance. Sanders I do like a lot but he's gotta stay healthy this year. He can't carry the ball twenty plus times. Probably not smart to do that anyhow.

I like Gainwell. Though he doesn't have much power to his game either. I don't see him as a true compliment to Sanders. I would rather him as the Boston replacement. Overall I think it's a decent backfield but still could use a healthy overall three down style player. Doesn't have to be a upper tier player just one who's not injury prone or shot. I really think they missed the boat on Kylin Hill who went in round 7. Healthy, young, three down style player, didn't require a high investment. Would have been the perfect guy to add to the room. Next draft you will need to take that style of back somewhere around the 3rd or 4th round. 

13 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

You sound like a judge mental high school girl. 

That’s cute.  Makes no sense but whatever.  Judgmental is one word, BTW.   You all would be judgmental if he was the coach of another team in our division.  But since he’s the Eagles HC, you guys get defensive.  Man up.  

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That’s cute.  Makes no sense but whatever.  Judgmental is one word, BTW.   You all would be judgmental if he was the coach of another team in our division.  But since he’s the Eagles HC, you guys get defensive.  Man up.  

Man up? Youre the one who said he didn’t like someone because of the way he looks or sounds. Both of which have zero to do with his ability to do the job.