Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

2 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Sounds like the people slamming Embiid should settle down a bit. 

They probably win if they don’t force him to play the rest of that game. Sucks

7 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

This running back room is overrated in my opinion. Like you say, Johnson has just not been the same after his knee issues. I don't mind taking a flier, but to expect him to be what he was his rookie year isn't realistic. Howard is shot.  Boston is a back end of the roster player that in a perfect world is on the practice squad as injury insurance. Sanders I do like a lot but he's gotta stay healthy this year. He can't carry the ball twenty plus times. Probably not smart to do that anyhow.

I like Gainwell. Though he doesn't have much power to his game either. I don't see him as a true compliment to Sanders. I would rather him as the Boston replacement. Overall I think it's a decent backfield but still could use a healthy overall three down style player. Doesn't have to be a upper tier player just one who's not injury prone or shot. I really think they missed the boat on Kylin Hill who went in round 7. Healthy, young, three down style player, didn't require a high investment. Would have been the perfect guy to add to the room. Next draft you will need to take that style of back somewhere around the 3rd or 4th round. 

Yup, I agree, outside of sanders, who can't seem to stay healthy,there's not much 

Kerryon looked really good as a rookie, that was 3 seasons ago and a couple injuries ago, he's still young but his body is old and doesn't contribute much on special teams either so what's the point.

I'd rather Huntley made the team at least he can play teams and isn't damaged goods and is a good receiver to boot.

If it's up to Howie I'm sure he'll keep Kerryon hoping he can return to his rookie form, which is silly to expect. Then again Howie is a silly GM.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

If Sirianni doesnt do well cant we just blame Howie for not getting him good players or drafting well?

Nick gets a free pass IMO unless the playcalling and decision making is trash

I don't know if Gannon is ignoring CB2 or Howie is. Seems like Howie just doesn't like LBs so I've given up on them. I'm curious about the defense because of how happy and excited everyone on here was about the hire

I think they kept the WR coach only because they didn't want to keep the revolving door there. I don't know how many WR coaches we've gone through just in Dougs era

4 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Man up? Youre the one who said he didn’t like someone because of the way he looks or sounds. Both of which have zero to do with his ability to do the job.

Hahahaha?  Now who sounds like a teenage girl?   I never said I didn’t like him.  I said he was a bad hire.  And none of his dopey interviews have swayed my opinion.   Communicating has a lot to do with his job.  You’re naive.  Who said anything about how he looks?   Are you an adult?  Serious question.   

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

My criticism holds no weight?  Hahaha.  That’s interesting.  You have proof that a HC who talks about shooting hoops and playing RPS with players has worked in the NFL?  Nope.  Just like I don’t have proof it won’t work.  Because no one has done it.  So your argument holds no weight either.  😀. I just know he looks and sounds like a dope. Again I’ll say, if he was the coach of one of our rivals all of us will piling on him.  We both know it.   

Never said anything about how he looks right?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Hahahaha?  Now who sounds like a teenage girl?   I never said I didn’t like him.  I said he was a bad hire.  And none of his dopey interviews have swayed my opinion.   Communicating has a lot to do with his job.  You’re naive.  Who said anything about how he looks?   Are you an adult?  Serious question.   

shutup you stupid idiot , you're mom know you're still up?

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Communicating with the media has nothing to do with his job. Belichick and Reid are both proof of that.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Communicating with the media has nothing to do with his job. Belichick and Reid are both proof of that.

Of course you think that’s the same thing.   :wacko: Wow.  I bet if we hired Jason Garrett, you’d be defending the decision.   

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Of course you think that’s the same thing.   :wacko: Wow.  I bet if we hired Jason Garrett, you’d be defending the decision.   

I absolutely would not. He has proved he is terrible. Siri has not.

43 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

Post of the day

image.jpeg.ed6294064fc4388c9b427db9ef8e7c67.jpeg

1 hour ago, olsilverhair said:

Your momma so fat she brought a spoon to the Super Bowl 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Your momma so fat she brought a spoon to the Super Bowl 

Your momma so fat Thanos has to snap twice

image.gif.c865a3120cf270d557da4217c55ee038.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’m not just talking about the fans.  I was more talking about the media.  Which is what started the discussion.  ESP and others illogical hate of Wentz.  But 10% is a lot and especially when it’s a vocal minority.  

I don’t pay attention to the Philly media but all I remember is a few grumbles of people not liking when Wentz had all these dead ducks in a picture. Not much talk about religion. 

Either way all it takes is one or two people to get upset over something for the other side to claim "everyone” is upset over it. 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I actually would feel more confident about him than Sirianni 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Post of the day

image.jpeg.ed6294064fc4388c9b427db9ef8e7c67.jpeg

Those are old bud light bottles 

2 hours ago, NCiggles said:

Jalen Hurts, Devonta Smith, Reagor, Quez Watkins Kvon Wallace, Miles Sanders or Gainwell. Not saying it’s likely but it’s an over reaction to say it’s impossible. The team stunk last season. 

Yup.  And they are very likely to stink again this season.

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

Your momma so fat Thanos has to snap twice

image.gif.c865a3120cf270d557da4217c55ee038.gif

Your momma so dumb she thought Quarterback was a refund 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No.  Are you feeling ok?  Of course a 7 foot NBA player who just grabbed 21 rebounds in a game can dunk.  LOL.  

And I didn't say he couldn't. But the guy you quoted did. 

8 hours ago, MillerTime said:

Never said anything about how he looks right?

8 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I'm not going to condemn Nick yet just because I usually have a wait and see attitude on guys but 444 has a point. Nick does look and sound kinda dumb. We'll see (Pedersen also looked and sounded dumb but we got a super bowl out of it) if Nick can dumb his way to a second one I'll be happy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, greend said:

And I didn't say he couldn't. But the guy you quoted did. 

And so did the actual player, whom I quoted earlier.  But why take the word of Embiid talking about his own injury and the impact it has on his explosiveness?  Greend knows better.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

And so did the actual player, whom I quoted earlier.  But why take the word of Embiid talking about his own injury and the impact it has on his explosiveness?  Greend knows better.  

Don't get all pissy with me junior. I never said boo one way or the other. My thought was if that was the case then he shouldn't have been in. Your argument is with @4for4EaglesNest he's the guy that said of course he could dunk.

Jeez, how do I get involved in this?  I'm just trying to figure out how I get called out from both sides of an argument that I chose no side on. I watch basketball once every 7 years.

1 hour ago, Freshmilk said:

Guy doesn't even watch the Sixers too.  The most uninformed people who don't even watch the Sixers popping in to trash a guy who is playing on a torn meniscus who is the entire lifeblood of this team's success.  A lot of the posters in this thread are caricatures of your typical WIP caller. 

If Ben Simmons gets a pass for 50% of his games, Joel can get a pass for one.  He will play tonight and score 35+ and get 10+ boards.  Then we can get back to making fun of Simmons again.

• Like 1

Just now, Khani1 said:

If Ben Simmons gets a pass for 50% of his games, Joel can get a pass for one.  He will play tonight and score 35+ and get 10+ boards.  Then we can get back to making fun of Simmons again.

Is he playing tonight?

1 minute ago, greend said:

Is he playing tonight?

Nothing has been confirmed but just by following him his whole career, they will say he is questionable or a game time decision and then he ends up playing.  I say its like a 90% chance he plays but that is a pure guess.

• Like 1