EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

Space Jam, MJ v Lebron and hockey trades.  Yep, it’s the dregs of the offseason. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

How do you show a tweet like this on here? When I try to do it all it ever posts is just the URL.

Tap on the arrow up , it will allow you to copy link

Odds that the Eagles are one of the teams above the 85% rate of vaccinated players?

Odds that the cowpads are one of the teams below 50%? 
Why does the NFL announce percentage for teams but not the teams at each threshold?

6 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Odds that the Eagles are one of the teams above the 85% rate of vaccinated players?

Odds that the cowpads are one of the teams below 50%? 
Why does the NFL announce percentage for teams but not the teams at each threshold?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31827687/2-nfl-teams-remain-50-vaccination-rate

As of Friday, Washington and Indianapolis had the two lowest COVID-19 vaccination rates among the 32 teams in the league, according to the person, who spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because the league hasn't released the numbers, which are changing daily.

Pittsburgh, Miami, Carolina and Denver have the highest vaccination rates. 13 teams have achieved at least 85%, a league source tells ESPN's Kevin Seifert.

9 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Seattle should be competitive right away , lots of unprotected talent .

Curious to see who they take from the Flyers. Hagg and Braun are a fringe NHL player and a cheap 3rd pairing defenseman. Unless they are going more expensive elsewhere tend to think JVR at $7 mil for two years or ghost at 4.5 for 2 years is likely going. Unless the Flyers make a deal for the kraken to take voracek. I am not sure the Flyers give up what itd take for the kraken to take him.  

Per AP

As for Friday, Washington and Indianapolis had the two lowest COVID-19 vaccination rates among the 32 teams in the league

Pittsburgh, Miami, Carolina and Denver have the highest vaccination rates 

Well WTF would have been my second guess for low rates but Indy is a bit of a surprise. Guess Carson hasn’t been a vocal leader on getting vaccinated. 

23 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

I would think most/all the players of the Euro big leagues will be complaining since it's going to be held during their club seasons in November/December.  Can't play games in Summer there in 110+ degree heat.  At least FIFA deciding to have the WC in tiny little Qatar was the domino that started the fall of Septic Bladder and his corrupt cronies.  There's still corruption within FIFA and all the federations around the World, but that brought some light to how bad it really was.  And I lost count of how many workers have died in Qatar building the new stadiums required for the WC.  I get that they want the perception that they're bringing the game/event all over the World and to 'lesser' countries that aren't soccer powerhouse nations, but they really should only reward it to countries that already have the infrastructure and stadiums already in place.  They had it in South Africa in 2010 and now the majority of the stadiums they built have been sitting there empty and unused for a decade.  Most of the countries that have to build to host it haven't made the financial windfall they were expecting.  FIFA gets richer and those countries get the ish end of the stick, usually.

It's completely screwing domestic leagues and European cups; I don't plan to watch it at all. Which means England will win it

My loathing of FIFA is deep - the book written by the Sunday Times team is damning on just how corrupt the process was.  Seeing Blatter finally have his grubby mitts removed from FIFA was nice, but as you say, the organisation is very much rotten still.  It's sad to the see the US Justice Department not take the issue nowhere.

6 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Well WTF would have been my second guess for low rates but Indy is a bit of a surprise. Guess Carson hasn’t been a vocal leader on getting vaccinated. 

The incentives the league put out should be enough. There's so many restrictions for players unvaccinated

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been a lawsuit because of it though

51 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

RE: the Taco discussion the other day.  So easy to make at home.  Taco Bell is a waste of money.  These are the pork carnitas I made today. The fresh/raw tortilla shells are a game changer.  

57E8DB42-4166-44B0-BD5C-70AA5D3E2A60.jpeg

721CA1C6-7170-4EAC-8DF9-ECCD50AC2488.jpeg

8425444C-6EBB-4AE6-9C5B-DF36B6D96C73.jpeg

71316D1D-C9F8-4B74-9880-DF04B9321746.jpeg

I make my own fajitas pretty much weekly, I can't even eat any one else's any more....need a nice skirt or flank steak, olive oil.salt pepper oregano garlic and crushed cumin sit in  sliced thin put in Fridge for a day,, next day  let meet get to room temp and 30 mins  before grilling, my preferred method, or stir fry cover in lemon juice ..grab your tongs throw your sliced meat to your.grill or stir fry add sauted onions and what ever kinda peppers you prefer or any veggie you prefer cheese n salsa....my goodness...to be really good use fresh grilled tortillas with olive oil n spices u like..to stuff it in. Luv them..

21 minutes ago, Walkingwindchime said:

I make my own fajitas pretty much weekly, I can't even eat any one else's any more....need a nice skirt or flank steak, olive oil.salt pepper oregano garlic and crushed cumin sit in  sliced thin put in Fridge for a day,, next day  let meet get to room temp and 30 mins  before grilling, my preferred method, or stir fry cover in lemon juice ..grab your tongs throw your sliced meat to your.grill or stir fry add sauted onions and what ever kinda peppers you prefer or any veggie you prefer cheese n salsa....my goodness...to be really good use fresh grilled tortillas with olive oil n spices u like..to stuff it in. Luv them..

Oh man I love fajitas. Absolutely love them. 

1 hour ago, Original Sin said:

Tap on the arrow up , it will allow you to copy link

Or if you copy the URL before clicking in the actual tweet you can paste it.  I've never tried the arrow.

Just opened the new Blog for training camp.

Will close this one in an hour or so.

Enjoy.

1 hour ago, Original Sin said:

Seattle should be competitive right away , lots of unprotected talent .

What are the odds Seattle or Vegas win a cup before the Flyers?

Just now, Connecticut Eagle said:

Just opened the new Blog for training camp.

Will close this one in an hour or so.

Enjoy.

Thanks for the heads up and the work doing that.

24 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Or if you copy the URL before clicking in the actual tweet you can paste it.  I've never tried the arrow.

Figured it out, i was clicking the link icon by the emojis and pasting it there. I didn’t realize I just had to paste it in the post.

6 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Nope

If Im not last, this thread sucked.

Here for final page and end to yet another offseason.

21 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

If Im not last, this thread sucked.

As you wish.

Archived