Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

8 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

If Ben went 8-14 from FT instead of 4-14, we win this game. 57% for him from the stripe and we win. Lol. 

But he plays good defense, didn't you hear? Delusion is Wentz-like, possibly worse.

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

But he plays good defense, didn't you hear? Delusion is Wentz-like, possibly worse.

He is also elite at going to the basket and then passing it back out for an assist...or so I'm told.

Tough spot with Simmons.  I’ve always been in the boat that he’s a disappointment for a #1 overall (and one hyped up more than most #1’s), but is a really good player who is an asset to the team.

A team can hide a big time defensive player on offensive side if they have enough (and good enough scorers).  But the 76ers don’t have that.  And rather than hide Simmons on offense, which is what needs to happen at this point, he’s the primary ball handler.  

His passing ability and his unique handle and quickness for his size…irrelevant now.  He’s a liability on offense.  End of story.  Draymond Green, Dennis Rodman, etc.  He’ll help you on D and you just need to forget he’s there offensively.

10 hours ago, Khani1 said:

Wow! If so, the Clippers are done. 

Apparently jazz didn't get the message as they choked 👎😡

11 hours ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Who are the BIG 3 in EMB? Discuss

Not getting into that discussion. 

• Haha 1

Just saw the updated protocols for vaccinated vs unvaccinated players. I think it is crazy. They can’t treat unvaccinated people like this forever.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

They drafted Morin 11th overall to be the second coming of Pronger. AKA your shut down number 1. . 

They drafted MarK friedman who  i liked, gave up on him way too early, so he'll end up being a really good player in Pittsburgh so thats fun. 

off the top of my head. Braun is old and probably a #6. Phill Myers loves to get injuried and could be  a good...ok 2nd pair guy. Sanhiem is a sold 3rd pair guy. Hagg is going into basically his 5th year and hasnt shown me anything. Then you have Ghost who they tried to push off on anyone, no one wanted him at a cheap 3 million dollars a year and some how ended up being the best D man over the last  month or 2. 

Essentially you had Provorov, who's a REALLY GOOD #2 and a bunch of 6s. The Erik Guss deal was AWFUL. Soley based on how Chuck handled that deal and the Niskanen retirement makes me want Fletcher gone.  

Getting Seth Jones in here as your #1 pushes everyone down a spot. I then love the kid from the Hurricanes Jani...haakakahapaaanaa or whatever. 

But we shall see. 

Dude....that was 8 YEARS AGO. Morin hasn't been in the picture in years, its a miracle he's even still playing with all his injuries.

Sanheim solid third pair??? If sanheim is on a 3rd pairing your top 4 is amazing. He is a top four defenseman, period. 

Myers also top 4, but yes injuries a concern.

Hagg sucks, he's a 7th D at best.

Braun isn't part of the long term picture, he's irrelevant. Although he was solid enough this year to play in the top 4. This is his last year and hopefully York or zamula will slide into that top 4 spot when braun leaves, possibly even this season.

Ghost is incredibly inconsistent, can't be depended on long term.

Friedman won't do anything in Pittsburgh, he would be a 3rd pair defenseman here and he will probably be that in Pittsburgh. He isn't anything special at all.

Essentially, you have zero idea what you're talking about if you think everyone besides provorov is a #6 defenseman. The blue line isn't great but they have 3/4 top 4 defensemen, they get a #1 and then you have york/zamula/braun/Morin as options for 3rd pair. Lol sanheim solid 3rd pair, unbelievable.

5 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Tough spot with Simmons.  I’ve always been in the boat that he’s a disappointment for a #1 overall (and one hyped up more than most #1’s), but is a really good player who is an asset to the team.

A team can hide a big time defensive player on offensive side if they have enough (and good enough scorers).  But the 76ers don’t have that.  And rather than hide Simmons on offense, which is what needs to happen at this point, he’s the primary ball handler.  

His passing ability and his unique handle and quickness for his size…irrelevant now.  He’s a liability on offense.  End of story.  Draymond Green, Dennis Rodman, etc.  He’ll help you on D and you just need to forget he’s there offensively.

I mean my gramma could hit more free throws than him

21 minutes ago, goeagles5039 said:

Just saw the updated protocols for vaccinated vs unvaccinated players. I think it is crazy. They can’t treat unvaccinated people like this forever.

"They"?  

10 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Is Ben Simmons the NBA equivalent of Jalen Hurts?

in that there’s a big group that talk about how great he is all the time but every time I watch an occasional game he kinda sucks? 

Even I wouldn't insult Hurts like that yet. He's the Agholor of basketball. I'm confused as to why that guy is a starter. 

10 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Dude.  Don’t bother.  He has no clue what he is talking about. Regardless of the subject.  

fyp

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, greend said:

I mean my gramma could hit more free throws than him

"They"?  

Meaning the world. I for one will not be getting the vaccine ever. And people walking around without the vaccine is no different then someone not having the flu shot. I am saying people can’t wear masks forever.

Embiid I can forgive, because a knee injury will.mess with his mechanics and foul shooting is about consistency.  Meanwhile, Simmons has no excuse.

2 hours ago, goeagles5039 said:

Yeah they just need to get vaccinated and it'll be cool.

• Like 1

Big 1 played well enough. Big 2 and Big 3 did not. We need Big 3 on Friday. 

1 hour ago, greend said:

Even I wouldn't insult Hurts like that yet. He the Agholor of basketball. I'm confused as to why that guy is a starter. 

Only way to get better at shooting free throws is to shoot more free throws.

It’s not a difficult coaching job.  Tell Simmons his job is to drive to the basket and stuff the ball.  If he can’t (won’t) do it then he goes to the bench.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goeagles5039 said:

Meaning the world. I for one will not be getting the vaccine ever. And people walking around without the vaccine is no different then someone not having the flu shot. I am saying people can’t wear masks forever.

Last I heard June 28th was when the world or the cdc felt like it would be safe enough to not require masks. It is different than the flu but I'm not getting into that. Obviously you can do what you want, last I checked there were no mask police. 

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Foul shooting is not supposed to be hard.

Back in high school I hated foul shots, but then again I'm not a professional basketball player

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Foul shooting is not supposed to be hard.

I suck at FTs and I also don't practice them all day, but you can bet if I were getting paid a million dollars to make them I'd make more than 4-11

• Like 2

2 hours ago, devpool said:

Dude....that was 8 YEARS AGO. Morin hasn't been in the picture in years, its a miracle he's even still playing with all his injuries.

Sanheim solid third pair??? If sanheim is on a 3rd pairing your top 4 is amazing. He is a top four defenseman, period. 

Myers also top 4, but yes injuries a concern.

Hagg sucks, he's a 7th D at best.

Braun isn't part of the long term picture, he's irrelevant. Although he was solid enough this year to play in the top 4. This is his last year and hopefully York or zamula will slide into that top 4 spot when braun leaves, possibly even this season.

Ghost is incredibly inconsistent, can't be depended on long term.

Friedman won't do anything in Pittsburgh, he would be a 3rd pair defenseman here and he will probably be that in Pittsburgh. He isn't anything special at all.

Essentially, you have zero idea what you're talking about if you think everyone besides provorov is a #6 defenseman. The blue line isn't great but they have 3/4 top 4 defensemen, they get a #1 and then you have york/zamula/braun/Morin as options for 3rd pair. Lol sanheim solid 3rd pair, unbelievable.

This conversation came up because we're talking about goalies from 37 years ago and Joni Piktanen from 2004. So essentially the Morin Draft was yesterday. Not to mention Morin is only 25. 

Sanheim is a -28 in over 4 years. more than enough sample size to show you he's DEF not a top pair guy, and PROBABLY not a top 4 guy. 

The Friedman comment was quasi sarcastic but would fit Philly perfectly. Draft him some what early, give up on him some what early and he becomes successful with a rival. 

And it's laughable that you think the worse defense in the league had 3/4 top 4 defensemen. If this team had 2 good pairs. (as you say) they would of been in the playoffs with ease. 

And yes, York I'm excited for. Zamula is like 145lbs soaking wet so who knows what we got there

16 hours ago, Khani1 said:

If you would have said the "Medium 3" it would have proved at least you watch games.  

Good to know local media, local bloggers, national media and every local fan who knows who im talking about when I said big 3 dont count. 

With that being said, something poetic and pretty funny to see a basketball team lose an important game because their star player cant handle the fundamentals of basketball. 

6 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

This conversation came up because we're talking about goalies from 37 years ago and Joni Piktanen from 2004. So essentially the Morin Draft was yesterday. Not to mention Morin is only 25. 

Sanheim is a -28 in over 4 years. more than enough sample size to show you he's DEF not a top pair guy, and PROBABLY not a top 4 guy. 

The Friedman comment was quasi sarcastic but would fit Philly perfectly. Draft him some what early, give up on him some what early and he becomes successful with a rival. 

And it's laughable that you think the worse defense in the league had 3/4 top 4 defensemen. If this team had 2 good pairs. (as you say) they would of been in the playoffs with ease. 

And yes, York I'm excited for. Zamula is like 145lbs soaking wet so who knows what we got there

Sanhiem, Morin and Ghost are the Flyers big 3. 

• Like 1

Just now, Khani1 said:

Sanhiem, Morin and Ghost are the Flyers big 3. 

No one in the league wanted Ghost(twice) but I'd bet the majority of teams would kill for Ben. but please... keep going.