Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

6 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

what are everyone’s thoughts on possibility of trading for Howard? Eagles have the draft capital, doubt they have the cap room. I don’t necessarily support trading for him but thought it’d be worth bringing up for sake of argument 

The Eagles already have one high-priced CB; I think it's better to employ a defensive scheme that will compensate for the CB2.

I'd much rather draft one high, but I've been waiting for that for about 20 years.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

what are everyone’s thoughts on possibility of trading for Howard? Eagles have the draft capital, doubt they have the cap room. I don’t necessarily support trading for him but thought it’d be worth bringing up for sake of argument 

Dolphins structured him bad for the trading team. Most of his money comes from his base. It would be $13M this year. Good player but not for this team. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Dolphins structured him bad for the trading team. Most of his money comes from his base. It would be $13M this year. Good player but not for this team. 

I’m guessing whoever trades for him is likely restructuring that contract based on how it looks. I’d love to get howard but there’s no chance the eagles go after him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m guessing whoever trades for him is likely restructuring that contract based on how it looks. I’d love to get howard but there’s no chance the eagles go after him. 

He wants a new contract and more money too

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

No cap room. Howie is looking for a 3 mil a year starting CB when the average going rate is 7 mil and Howard is worth a lot more than that. It's not going to happen, so kind of pointless to talk about it.

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He wants a new contract and more money too

yeah and to me that's a red flag since he just signed his contract a year ago and already is crying for another deal.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Maybe we can trade for him in 4 or 5 years when we finally have the cap room for him. He might be old and on his last leg but by then we can afford him. 

10 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Maybe we can trade for him in 4 or 5 years when we finally have the cap room for him. He might be old and on his last leg but by then we can afford him. 

There’s no way we let Cox stay on this roster next year with a 23mm cap hit. This is his last year (if he’s not traded even sooner).

Some crazy cap hits next year for aging vets:

Brooks: 19mm

Slay: 22mm

Hargrave: 17mm

9 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

There’s no way we let Cox stay on this roster next year with a 23mm cap hit. This is his last year (if he’s not traded even sooner).

Some crazy cap hits next year for aging vets:

Brooks: 19mm

Slay: 22mm

Hargrave: 17mm

These guys must be pinheads. A cap size of 19 mm!

• Haha 4

Well that was certainly something.....?

Already started sending that yoga video to friends with no context. Looking forward to their responses.

• Haha 2

The 911 dispatcher must have had a bad night. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

She’s not qualified to work customer support at Home Depot 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Hopefully he gets some counselling and professional help; some of these end very badly 

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

Hopefully he gets some counselling and professional help; some of these end very badly 

Yup.

Could be a result of CTE.

In which case he wouldn't be the first football player to have erratic changes in behavior due to head injury, (CTE)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Man.  Sucks to hear.  Nice to know you’ve made it to the other side of the pandemic.  I used to be the Produce and Dairy Category Manager for US Foods and Sysco then worked in sales for a produce re-distributor based out of NEPA, before I moved down to NC. Which includes wet salads.  If I never try another potato salad, Mac salad, slaw….again.  It’ll be too soon.  And I hate Cole slaw.  Best of luck with your business going forward.  

BTW.  I didn’t know RF made its way to PA.  I thought it was just a MD thing.  

Thanks man, interesting to hear your perspective. I know there are a lot of cole  slaw options on the market but ours is very unique. Finely chopped and creamy, sweet and slightly tangy, our planned catch phrase was "tastes like grandma’s” because not a week goes by that we don’t here that. We sell 1/4 ton of it through our store the day before the big feast holidays like Thxgiving, Xmas and Easter. All through word of mouth and repeat customers. Wanna try another slaw? 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Geez, that 911 operator was flat out rude.  Not very skilled at dealing with a stressed out person. WTF was asking his DOB about?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

She’s not qualified to work customer support at Home Depot 

Wrong.  She is overqualified to work in the customer service department at Home Depot.  Had to deal with them earlier this year on some patio furniture that was delivered.  Got told three different lies by different people over the course on two weeks before I managed to get escalated to someone who finally told me the truth. 

That’s dispatcher should be fired.  She was a CU Next Tuesday

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

Loved the dispatcher

Sorry everyone keeps insulting your wife 

So Richard Sherman tried to hang himself today.

14 hours ago, greend said:

Actually, didn't that work pretty well?

In terms of preventing first downs I believe it did, not sure how it did preventing points or helping field position. Might just be bias but I seem to remember them often giving up enough yards to get into field goal range but not a first down, or deep enough to pin us way back. I hated that defense.

8 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Wrong.  She is overqualified to work in the customer service department at Home Depot.  Had to deal with them earlier this year on some patio furniture that was delivered.  Got told three different lies by different people over the course on two weeks before I managed to get escalated to someone who finally told me the truth. 

That will teach you to deal with the big boxes. 

18 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Good dude?  WTH are you looking at?  :roll:

Never once have I seen, or head Richard Sherman and I thought...."hmmmm, seems like a nice guy(name that movie)

He's come off as a pompous **** everytime he opens his mouth 

It's hysterical people bring up college, or his GPA. Famous quote always comes to mind... Dont confuse education with intelligence 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1