Jump to content
Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

what are everyone’s thoughts on possibility of trading for Howard? Eagles have the draft capital, doubt they have the cap room. I don’t necessarily support trading for him but thought it’d be worth bringing up for sake of argument 

The Eagles already have one high-priced CB; I think it's better to employ a defensive scheme that will compensate for the CB2.

I'd much rather draft one high, but I've been waiting for that for about 20 years.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

what are everyone’s thoughts on possibility of trading for Howard? Eagles have the draft capital, doubt they have the cap room. I don’t necessarily support trading for him but thought it’d be worth bringing up for sake of argument 

Dolphins structured him bad for the trading team. Most of his money comes from his base. It would be $13M this year. Good player but not for this team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Dolphins structured him bad for the trading team. Most of his money comes from his base. It would be $13M this year. Good player but not for this team. 

I’m guessing whoever trades for him is likely restructuring that contract based on how it looks. I’d love to get howard but there’s no chance the eagles go after him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m guessing whoever trades for him is likely restructuring that contract based on how it looks. I’d love to get howard but there’s no chance the eagles go after him. 

He wants a new contract and more money too

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

what are everyone’s thoughts on possibility of trading for Howard? Eagles have the draft capital, doubt they have the cap room. I don’t necessarily support trading for him but thought it’d be worth bringing up for sake of argument 

No cap room. Howie is looking for a 3 mil a year starting CB when the average going rate is 7 mil and Howard is worth a lot more than that. It's not going to happen, so kind of pointless to talk about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He wants a new contract and more money too

yeah and to me that's a red flag since he just signed his contract a year ago and already is crying for another deal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

what are everyone’s thoughts on possibility of trading for Howard? Eagles have the draft capital, doubt they have the cap room. I don’t necessarily support trading for him but thought it’d be worth bringing up for sake of argument 

Maybe we can trade for him in 4 or 5 years when we finally have the cap room for him. He might be old and on his last leg but by then we can afford him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Maybe we can trade for him in 4 or 5 years when we finally have the cap room for him. He might be old and on his last leg but by then we can afford him. 

There’s no way we let Cox stay on this roster next year with a 23mm cap hit. This is his last year (if he’s not traded even sooner).

Some crazy cap hits next year for aging vets:

Brooks: 19mm

Slay: 22mm

Hargrave: 17mm

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

There’s no way we let Cox stay on this roster next year with a 23mm cap hit. This is his last year (if he’s not traded even sooner).

Some crazy cap hits next year for aging vets:

Brooks: 19mm

Slay: 22mm

Hargrave: 17mm

 

These guys must be pinheads. A cap size of 19 mm!

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that was certainly something.....?

Already started sending that yoga video to friends with no context. Looking forward to their responses.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 911 dispatcher must have had a bad night. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

The 911 dispatcher must have had a bad night. 

She’s not qualified to work customer support at Home Depot 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

 

Hopefully he gets some counselling and professional help; some of these end very badly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

Hopefully he gets some counselling and professional help; some of these end very badly 

Yup.

Could be a result of CTE.

In which case he wouldn't be the first football player to have erratic changes in behavior due to head injury, (CTE)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Man.  Sucks to hear.  Nice to know you’ve made it to the other side of the pandemic.  I used to be the Produce and Dairy Category Manager for US Foods and Sysco then worked in sales for a produce re-distributor based out of NEPA, before I moved down to NC. Which includes wet salads.  If I never try another potato salad, Mac salad, slaw….again.  It’ll be too soon.  And I hate Cole slaw.  Best of luck with your business going forward.  
 

BTW.  I didn’t know RF made its way to PA.  I thought it was just a MD thing.  

Thanks man, interesting to hear your perspective. I know there are a lot of cole  slaw options on the market but ours is very unique. Finely chopped and creamy, sweet and slightly tangy, our planned catch phrase was "tastes like grandma’s” because not a week goes by that we don’t here that. We sell 1/4 ton of it through our store the day before the big feast holidays like Thxgiving, Xmas and Easter. All through word of mouth and repeat customers. Wanna try another slaw? 🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ManuManu said:

The 911 dispatcher must have had a bad night. 

Geez, that 911 operator was flat out rude.  Not very skilled at dealing with a stressed out person. WTF was asking his DOB about?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

She’s not qualified to work customer support at Home Depot 

Wrong.  She is overqualified to work in the customer service department at Home Depot.  Had to deal with them earlier this year on some patio furniture that was delivered.  Got told three different lies by different people over the course on two weeks before I managed to get escalated to someone who finally told me the truth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s dispatcher should be fired.  She was a CU Next Tuesday

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

Loved the dispatcher

Sorry everyone keeps insulting your wife 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Richard Sherman tried to hang himself today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, greend said:

Actually, didn't that work pretty well?

In terms of preventing first downs I believe it did, not sure how it did preventing points or helping field position. Might just be bias but I seem to remember them often giving up enough yards to get into field goal range but not a first down, or deep enough to pin us way back. I hated that defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Wrong.  She is overqualified to work in the customer service department at Home Depot.  Had to deal with them earlier this year on some patio furniture that was delivered.  Got told three different lies by different people over the course on two weeks before I managed to get escalated to someone who finally told me the truth. 

That will teach you to deal with the big boxes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

  

Good dude?  WTH are you looking at?  :roll:

Never once have I seen, or head Richard Sherman and I thought...."hmmmm, seems like a nice guy(name that movie)

He's come off as a pompous **** everytime he opens his mouth 

It's hysterical people bring up college, or his GPA. Famous quote always comes to mind... Dont confuse education with intelligence 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...