Jump to content
Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Recommended Posts

Of all the possible picks, Mika Kafka is the least inspiring option.

At least with Duce we could reward a lifelong Eagle.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was planning a nice long vacation for 2021 once COVID dies down and things open up. If the Eagles hire Kafka, gonna book those tickets for early September ūüėČ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how the defense will look moving forward, but if Koramoah is there at 37, he'd be intriguing to develop into a Malcolm Jenkins type role. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fee like I might be the only guy who doesn't get the Brady hype. I didn't see much out of the Panthers this year that made me feel like he's the next McVay.

Would rather have someone like Daboll or Greg Roman.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RLC said:

Of all the possible picks, Mika Kafka is the least inspiring option.

At least with Duce we could reward a lifelong Eagle.

Yep, not to mention you have half the locker room coming out on social media campaigning for him to get the job. If they go with Kafka they have officially become a bad franchise over night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting thread to click on from a former NFL DB. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Yep, not to mention you have half the locker room coming out on social media campaigning for him to get the job. If they go with Kafka they have officially become a bad franchise over night.

I would drive off a bridge if we hired Kafka. It would mean we'd have passed on guys like Daboll, Roman, Martindale, Carmichael, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Interesting thread to click on from a former NFL DB. 

We might be able to trade down and get Ja'Marr Chase.¬†ūü§ź

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I would drive off a bridge if we hired Kafka. It would mean we'd have passed on guys like Daboll, Roman, Martindale, Carmichael, etc.

Here is my biggest problem with Kafka among many. Caplan and Mosher were talking the other day about how he doesn't have a commanding presence about him. So he's 34, doesn't have the experience, the team is in a bad way, and they want to bring in a guy who by all accounts won't immediately have the respect of the locker room. It would be a gross hiring and the final nail in the coffin that Lurie and Howie are 100 percent utterly clueless.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Interesting thread to click on from a former NFL DB. 

I was just saying the other night after revisiting the Clemson/LSU national championship game where Chase dominated, he was actually pretty well covered on most of those plays. 

One of his big wins early on,  on a deep ball was wide open at the end of the play only because of an arm bar that he probably only got away with because the CB was hand fighting too. But it very well could have been called PI, abs Terrell was with him up to the push.

He wasn't a big separator on that night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They do realize the guy on the left isn't coming with him

spacer.png

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

By my count, including Covid Reserves and PUP, the Eagles have 84 players currently on the roster and three more still on the PS and not signed to future contacts.  So who are the 34 that won’t run through a steel wall for Duce?

He never mentioned that they were even on the team, just in the city. Most of the roster players are likely not in Philadelphia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, RLC said:

 

At least with Duce we could reward a lifelong Eagle.

Hiring an NFL coach shouldn't be like putting Rudy in for the last play.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T-1000 said:

They do realize the guy on the left isn't coming with him

spacer.png

Yeah... a lot of Mahomes success is because of Mahomes talent.  He didn't need a lot of work.  He Kafka's biggest achievement, and kafka's role in that is likely overstated. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kafka is the yes man that lowie is looking for.  They don't want to hire anybody with a pair of cajones.   Lurie is jerrah Jones part 2.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, myerstheman said:

Kafka is the yes man that lowie is looking for.  They don't want to hire anybody with a pair of cajones.   Lurie is jerrah Jones part 2.

I don't even think it's that because a Joe Brady or Duce would likely be happy just to get the opportunity as well. This is Howie and Lurie yet again being the ''smartest guys in the room,'' if true. Until/unless it happens I refuse to believe their hubris has gotten to that level.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

I don't even think it's that because a Joe Brady or Duce would likely be happy just to get the opportunity as well. This is Howie and Lurie yet again being the ''smartest guys in the room,'' if true. Until/unless it happens I refuse to believe their hubris has gotten to that level.

Go ahead and inform them they are not please.  thanks.  Howie has't gotten anything right in a couple years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

 

 

This guy has the charisma of a beanbag chair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, myerstheman said:

Go ahead and inform them they are not please.  thanks.  Howie has't gotten anything right in a couple years.

Can you imagine those two getting up at the podium for a PC to introduce Kafka and saying with a straight face that he ''developed Patrick Mahomes.'' The fans would revolt.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not the biggest Voracek fan, but I wish more Eagles players had the guts to do this.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RLC said:

I'm not the biggest Voracek fan, but I wish more Eagles players had the guts to do this.

Say what you will about his inconsistent play on the ice but Jake have always given zero Fs and said what was on his mind. Sielski is exactly what he called him, a straight up little twerp weasel.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RLC said:

I'm not the biggest Voracek fan, but I wish more Eagles players had the guts to do this.

image.gif.3f444fd10fb14f45b2f742d2871d75c6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, myerstheman said:

Kafka is the yes man that lowie is looking for.  They don't want to hire anybody with a pair of cajones.   Lurie is jerrah Jones part 2.

The consensus guy who defers to coaches on talent insists on a yes man?  Sorry but as much as I want Howie gone, I don’t see that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...