Jacoby Brissett (Colts QB) — SIGNED WITH MIAMI

Jenkins27

Was actually my favorite QB in that Wentz/Goff class. Very realistic possibility with his familiarity with our coaching staff. Has a cannon for an arm, the problem is he is too conservative at times.

Backup QB that is capable of providing training camp competition.

On 2/18/2021 at 8:50 PM, Jenkins27 said:

Was actually my favorite QB in that Wentz/Goff class. Very realistic possibility with his familiarity with our coaching staff. Has a cannon for an arm, the problem is he is too conservative at times.

Backup QB that is capable of providing training camp competition.

Reasonable choice, he had some starting experience in the past as well. I would be happy with him or Tyrod Taylor as the backup to Hurts (or bridge starter).

I think someone like Brissett could really put up a bit of a challenge for Hurts. And isn't that what Sirianni wants? Competition for places. 

I just don't like the Foles idea. Look he's a legend and we love him for what he did here. But aren't we about the future now? About the true rebuild and moving on him the past?

Between Siri and Shane, Brissett is one of the 4 QBs they've started for a majority of the season in the last 7 years. 

So, it makes sense.

And Tyrod Taylor makes sense, too, because of Shane and the Chargers.

Another option is Easton Stick with the Chargers.  That would require a trade, but he was a day 3 pick and he's on a rookie contract, so he'll be cheap,  on a cap strapped Eagles. 

• 3 weeks later...